Changelogs - Winter 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Re: Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by brhanson2 »

Angel wrote:Can we still store money on exex?
I believe he said non exex items will be limited to 25, so i would say if it is one of the 25 then yes.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Sularis
Novice Scribe

Post by Sularis »

I believe he said non exex items will be limited to 25, so i would say if it is one of the 25 then yes
Wouldn't make sense in my opinion, in order to buy something from Exex you need gold in it ;)
So i guess gold has to be considered as exex item.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I know how to do it
Mona52
Passer by

Post by Mona52 »

Changes, changes, changes. No one likes them at first. I agree the new teleporters are a bit bulky. Getting used to it all. thanks for your work :)
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

Thank you so much for changing the lettering on the teleporters. I have poor eyesight if I didn't know that Magda was supposed to be there I wouldn't have been able to read it. This is 100 percent better. The teleporters that have changed to smaller squares are much nicer than the big square ones not sure why they had to be changed in the first place the effects are neat as well. Thank you for all your hard work it is very much appreciated.
Mosh
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Mosh »

Maybe it's just me and I'm doing something wrong but... if I have less than 50 of certain items in my toolhouse I can't get them out. I had to add engravers to get it above 50 to take them out. I can not take out the gargoyle knives because I only have 5. I have tried everything I can think of, including setting the amount taken out to 0-50, and I checked to see if anyone else brought this to your attention before I posted.

I can post a picture when I get home from work if really necessary... it just says 'The withdraw minimum for this item is 50'.

Thanks for the updates and fixes. Everything else seems to be working ok for me.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Server has just been restarted with a few more fixes reported.

Glad to hear that the world teleporter labels are now visible to everyone.
The toolhouse tool withdrawal is intentional, and follows the same rule as Exex. Withdrawing 1-use tools can be exploited.
Exex should accept gold and all commodities/tools/currencies that are actually tradeable on exex, as a quantity item (visible in "My Balance" tab). If you add any other kind of item, even if it's stackable but isnt traded on exex, it goes into your "My Items" tab.
Sorry about the runes breaking at places where teleporters currently are. I'll look into fixing it (though, we probably wont be restarting over the weekend, so for you active players, you'll have to re-mark them)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

if you can only withdraw 50 at a time the gargoyle tools should drop with a minimum of 50 use then. right :P
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

So search for the sparkles
Wil wrote:
lestatzero wrote:Easy and quick fix to the scripts is to have them automatically select tram as the header first when running the script so it will always have that page as a starting point to work from. And make that a sub. Then just make that the first sub you call in order to navigate.
My script doesn't have any problem with that part. It's finding the teleporter and moving to it. It searches for the red chaos shield and navigates the character there.
Mosh
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Mosh »

After yesterday's restart I can now take items I have less than 50 of out of my toolhouse that I couldn't before... I appreciate the quick fix. :)

I really do like the changes to the teleporters, keys, and cleric books. Thanks for keeping a 20+ year old game new and interesting.
Mosh - Great Lakes 1998-2001, some other server 2015, Excelsior 2017-present
Obituary - alt
Moshette - alt
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote:Sorry about the runes breaking at places where teleporters currently are. I'll look into fixing it (though, we probably wont be restarting over the weekend, so for you active players, you'll have to re-mark them)
Why not put the blue moongate graphics back at the 8 Trammel spots where they ought to be? I personally found it weird to not have them there and even weirder now...
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Love the teleporter effect, the menu changes for world teleporters were ok but glad it went back, and I think the same thing about the original moongates missing. Keep up the great work. :D
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Last update for the winter changelogs just went in. It's technically spring now, but it still relates to the previous big patch. This thread will be kept open for a few months more, for discussion or reporting issues with these changes.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

+C noticed a small bug with the Grade A logs and the Woodworker Key.

You cannot put Grade A logs on the key, only Grade A boards. You can put all other flavor logs on the key so I think this is just a small oversight.

Just an FYI.

Other then that...THANK YOU! :)
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

brhanson2 wrote:+C noticed a small bug with the Grade A logs and the Woodworker Key.

You cannot put Grade A logs on the key, only Grade A boards. You can put all other flavor logs on the key so I think this is just a small oversight.

Just an FYI.

Other then that...THANK YOU! :)

From what i remember All logs cannot go on keys anymore and it has to only be Boards now. (they changed that a few weeks ago)

But then i just tested it and it seems he accidentally put that back in when they made they key upgrade.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

The keys are only meant to hold boards, so this will get adjusted.