Changelogs - 2023

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: Changelogs - 2023

Post by Alibaster »

Wil wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 12:46 pm
sarmatian wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:27 pm
Today, when I click it shows [exec main panel.
Yes I can drop items on Deposit Box like on Inbox .. but it is very small target to drop items ...
Agreed. If I could single-click and still open it as a box it'd be okay but the change as implemented is a reduction in functionality.
I agree as well. I liked the old way of doing it.
Alibaster in game!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

For clarity: I think double-click for the exex menu is a good idea which will help with new-player confusion about how to use exex. But I *also* want to be able to open the box. Maybe a "Deposit" button on the exex menu that opens the box?
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Wil wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 3:16 pm
For clarity: I think double-click for the exex menu is a good idea which will help with new-player confusion about how to use exex. But I *also* want to be able to open the box. Maybe a "Deposit" button on the exex menu that opens the box?
I LOVE that idea, I get paranoid i might drop something on the ground when i try and drag something in the box.
I liked being able to open the box and put something inside a lot more.
blackstone from the ILV guild
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:57 pm
UPGRADE Yard system partially recoded for more unified code, added [YardTransfer command to transfer ownership of yard items.
Sweet! This has more than just the immediate effect of facilitating house transfers. If someone wanted me to build them a set of stairs for their castle, I couldn't do it because I couldn't create yard wand items or manipulate theirs. Now they can create a set of floors in the spots I tell them to and transfer them to me long enough for me to raise and lower them, and place the goza mats.

Anyone want some goza mat stairs to the battlements of their keep or castle?
vempa
Journeyman Scribe

Post by vempa »

The BOH/backpack changes so good...
Was so annoying having to drop stuff to put back into HBOH
Praise
Master Scribe

Post by Praise »

Will be great to help others get the yard wand items placed and transfer those items over to the homeowner. We just need to keep track of what we spend so that payment can also be transferred. :D
Praise
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Woot! Woot! Bag of holding fix!!

BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I'm glad to hear that the fixes were well received :)

Next restart, also adding the possibility of co-owners to add yard items, as long as "co-owner customization permission" is enabled in the house menu. Forgot to add that in the last batch.

Also, there was a critical bug in the Yard wand trading code, forgot to add a filter to check ownership when items are selected. So for a few hours, tiw as possible to take anyone's yard :worried: The bug was fixed a few hours after the restart (without needing a restart to apply the bugfix), and I just checked to make sure nobody stole anyone's items, looks clear.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart.
+Colibri wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:57 pm
Important note: since the balrons were dropping the skill essences much more than intended, this was due to a bug added in February 2014. The essences were basically trash loot. There were however still lots of stacks of essences (and deposited in Exex) which would be very disproportional to the current drops. All skill essences were deleted, and everyone will get fresh stacks of essences deposited in their bank box in a 10:1 ratio based on how much you've had before. E.g. if you had 538 essences of Tactics in total (across your houses and Exex), you will get a stack of 53 in your bank box, and the same for all other types of essences.

The balrons now drop less gold. I mentioned in chat a day or two ago, that I'd still like to implement the variable recall cooldown, but this is just a kind of temporary patch to even the playing field. Or actually, somekind of a "gradual loot reduction on a per-player basis" would probably be the best solution in the long term, but that's quite a bit of coding. For loot on balrons, and recall cooldowns, please use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14163

There was also a bug in Balrons, they were supposed to drop a skill essence about every 15 minutes, but because I accidentally made a variable local, not global, about 10% of balrons were dropping them. This is now fixed, and skill essences will regain their value. However, there are so many skill essences out there in houses and on Exex... at first what I wanted to do is just cancel all Exex trades and remove the skill essences from vendors, since the price will likely change a lot, and selling them for 50gp per would be quite a loss for those who aren't around to adjust their prices, and quite a big win for those who first see this message. But then, as I checked how many skill essences are out there, it would take years and years for those essences to be spent... or since the price will increase significantly, it gives too much of an advantage to a small group of players who collected them. So I decided on a 10:1 split, which is basically still quite in favor of players who have big amounts of them, but it makes it a bit less insane. I have removed all skill essences in the world, also removed all essences that are in Exex balance. And in the next couple of hours I will run a scrip that will create fresh stacks in your bank box, containing 10% of each skill essence that you had before this server restart.

About skill essences - initially they were intended to be valued quite well, let's say 10k per. Hard to say how much exactly, could be as low as 3-5k, or as high as 20k, but thereabouts. To raise a skill to +10 overcap was intended to cost as much as a 120 powerscroll, so about 500k to 2 million. Before the change they were trading for about 50gp per,

I hope this will be well received. I couldn't talk to anyone about this change, because anyone who knew that essences will become more rare might start buying them, or spill the beans to someone and then some players would have an advantage (with insider trading).

Since these skill essences were dropping like trash loot on Balrons, they were useless. Now, dropping in a stack of 1-3 essences about every 15 minutes, they have value. They are also added on treasure map chests.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

are they added for all treasure map chests?
and is the drop chance the same regardless of level of the Tmap
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Level 5 = 25%
Level 6 = 50%
Level 7 = 75%
Level 8 = 100%

Oh btw, I see that the ED price is quite stable at around 56k per, usually after an auction it shoots up to 60-61k... I wonder how it'll go over the next weeks and months - will it make enough of an impact to stay around 55, even go down to 52-ish, or will it be as if nothing happened and go to 62.
The skill essences are still quite cheap at around 1000-2000gp per (asking price), and bid prices are mostly around 300gp, some at 1k per.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i imagine the slight balron nerf may have the impact on the cost of ED's
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

The Ed price drop was due to the ED sale that was a few weeks before the auction I would guess with everyone selling ED and the increase in the over all number of ED in game it would naturally drop the ED prices for the auction and then go back up normally if not for the influx in ED's before the auction. :) but who knows
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

FIX Treasure map code that fills the chest, bug with shipwreck chests.
ADD Roman candle fireworks wand (given on July 4th)

(Old Colibrian proverb)