Origins of Excelsior……

Topic from the Bards forum older than 2015
Rigovran
Journeyman Scribe

Origins of Excelsior……

Post by Rigovran »

Part I

Sosaria has long been a troubled world, and after the tragedy of Modain there are shards all over the place. Even some of those stuck in a different time, and follow their own evolution with the distance from the origin of the “stone” Three friends found themselves far out to seas which they set off from Trinsic. After sailing for several days they found themselves in what they had thought was the woods of Yew, and yet there is where our story begins…

Colibri and Morpheus flipped a gold coin to see who would get off the boat first. Morpheus called, yet he lost the bet so he knew what he had to do. He gripped his axe and straighten his chest piece. Then lunges forward and with a leap he is over the bow of the ship, and lands in the water. The shore was a little different than he had thought it would be. He turned over his should to make sure Colibri was getting ready.

Soon they were both ashore yet still couldn’t make sense of the lands. Not speaking a word they both ran to the wood lines. It was Yew trees with some oaks and pines mixed in, yet something felt different than when they would run through Yew from Skara Brae. The feeling was like they were no longer in the lands created by the original shattering. After all these two were shard sensitive individuals, which meant they knew how to jump across shards as long as they were of the origin.

After a few moments of hiding in the wood line, the two spotted another person. However they could not make out if this person would be helpful or if they should attack. Colibri turned to Morpheus and without a word they both knew this person was shard sensitive as well. Both had never met someone with the abilities like they had, so they took a chance and slowly came out from behind their concealment.

With great surprise as if they just appeared out of nowhere Colibri and Morpheus looked at this other shard sensitive being for what seemed like hours with not one of the three saying a word. Then the silence broke with, “I am Lero and I am new to these lands, are you two from here?”

With a puzzled look, Morpheus spoke, “We are new here as well and we are Colibri and I am Morpheus. When did you arrive here and how?”

Lero, “I walked out of my castle in Yew, and felt the need to walk into the woods. I had walked for what felt like hours and found myself here, and not sure however these are not my Yew woods. Even with all my knowledge of Arcania I cannot seen to figure out where I, we, are.”

Colibri, “We set sail from Skara Brae and as we woke up near the shore we thought we were in Yew as well, however this is not our Yew either.”

Morpheus, “Have you seen others here?”

Lero, “ Not even a beast. Are you able to set up camp, for I fear if the night comes we might not be safe.”
Rigovran

Earl of Avalon
Loyalty and Honor to the Table of Avalon
Rigovran
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Origins of Excelsior……

Post by Rigovran »

Part II

So you see our travelers were no mere mortals they had a sense about them. They were sensitive the presence of which moon they were on. Even thought that seemed to be enough in their past travels things seemed to be different now. Colibri and Morpheus were among those who knew when they had travelled been the broken Gem of Immortality shards. Most have to pay a high price to be able travel between shards, and majority never return to where they started. However, there are those whom can transverse at will, or only once they learn of their powers. These are the tale of how Colibri and Morpheus learn that they are among the “shard sensitive” and much much more……

Seeing now that they had set up camp it was only a small camp fire and a few bedrolls amongst the woods on the peninsula yet plenty of open grass fields between them and the ocean as well as the main forest to their south.

“What do you think of this camp, Morpheus?” with a chuckle states Colibri.

Morpheus with a smirk replies, “It will do, you must have forgotten the tent once again.”

“Come on now, how did we know sailing today would have taken us so far.” Colibri

Lero listening in, “How far have you truly traveled today?”

Colibri, “We set out from Trinsic today, just to see what adventure was out at sea. Then we found some rough seas and landed here. Morpheus believes these are the same woods north of Yew.”

Morpheus chimes in over his shoulder, “And they are, yet it is not our Yew forest.”

Lero, “what do you mean not your Yew forest?”

Morpheus, “I am not sure yet these look exactly the same however we have travelled further. It is like the Sol does not shine the same here.”

Colibri, “it does not shine the same for it is night time! However, it seems the number of moons here is not the same as ours.”

Lero, “again you have a just a sense that something is different? I too felt like it was different seas the tides have been higher and lower than the norms from where I am from.”

Colibri, “Equally I feel the pull of the moons is stronger here nearly double the pull of our home. Lero, so you are not from these lands either?”

Lero, smiling, “No, I am not, and not even aware of how I got here. I woke up at the sound of your ship hitting the shore. I was asleep on the other side of the beach.”

Morpheus, “Well we better take turns keeping guard at night if you think there are beasts nearby. Then set off in the morning, and obviously we go south.”

Lero, “It might be safer to sleep on the ship?”

Colibri, “Nay the ship will bring attention, yet we can bring more gear and if need be break down the ship in order to build a sturdier fort in the morning.”

Morpheus, “I’ll take first watch.”

At this point Sol began to east in the south. Another sign to our travelers that they were not in their home lands, since the light of day normally travelled East to West and here is set in the South.
Rigovran

Earl of Avalon
Loyalty and Honor to the Table of Avalon