Events and Ideas (on the radio!)

Topic from the Bards forum older than 2015
Chyna
Expert Scribe

Events and Ideas (on the radio!)

Post by Chyna »

Okay so with much thought and contacting a few people for thier opinions, a few ideas have come up and a few of these will be turned into events we have on the radio.. only way you will be able to win is if you are listening to uoex.net/radio during times the stream is on. Sadly over the past week this has been a very interesting subject but as of next week things should get back to normal (we apologize for the tech issues and other difficulties that have abounded to keep the stream kinda wacky, my RL work schedule for one ugh!) anyway .... :)

The first event i would like to offer and this is an on going thing for everything "I" am on the stream.. other DJs are free to follow along with this but that would be your own prize money being awarded to the players ;)

The first idea: Challange the DJ

As many of you know, Chyna Watts has a very extensive library, lost but regained for the most part.. yay!! so here is something i used to do and the awards for this will be from my own bank :) awards could be of any of the following - gold, Eds, oints, organics, tokens, dependant upon just how hard the challange was to fill ;)

okay here are the rules, very simple and straight forward:

1) song must have been released at least ONCE on CD.. any song that was not released at least once on CD will not qualify as anything not released on CD would not make for a very good quality mp3 and therefore could not be played on the stream reguardless if i have it on cassette, vinyl, or even 8-track :P so thats rule #1

2) song can not be a particular "remix"... remixes do not constitute song.. what falls into here for example would be Rob Zombie - Dragula... i have 3 different remixes of this song.. however playing any of them would qualify as meeting your challange.. you can not say "Rob Zombie - Dragula - Matrix Remix"... it would be Rob Zombie - Dragula.. period

3) As Excelsior and the radio and everything in connection with it is "english"... your song challange must also be "english".. now i will make exceptions to this rule.. obviously Rammstein would not be english (i do have english versions of his songs but ICK!).. so that would obviously be an exception to the rule.

4) most importantly, we all know this is a family shard, so if i could not normally play it due to language or content of the song, and you all know what i am talking about. then do not expect that it would fit the challange.. if it can't be played.. it can't be played.. period :)

Now with those rules above stated, the rest goes simply, you send me a PM with your request while i am on the stream. I have until the END of my set to play that song, the longer it takes me to play your song after you have requested it, the bigger your reward will be. if i do not find your song at all during any given set, your going to be rewarded very nicley. Challanges may be issued from 30 minutes into my set to 30 minutes before the end .. this gives you 3 hours to try and win something :) EVERYONE is able to participate.. but again.. you MUST be listening.. how else would you know if i played it or not? ;)

(cont)
Chyna
Expert Scribe

Re: Events and Ideas (on the radio!)

Post by Chyna »

The second idea that I have come up with will be a weekly contest. The idea of this contest (obviously also must be listening) is for ED rewards, and here is how it will be run. I love to mix songs and take a bunch and throw them together, this contest will take that into consideration and every week i will take 10 different songs, could be any genre, any artist, and i will mix them together, a few seconds of each song. The object of the game is to be the first person to post here in the Excelsior Bards the 10 songs in the compilation of the week. I will play each weekly song on average 6 times per set. (so thats roughly every 30 minutes i am on air). The prize will start each week with 5ED, should you be the first to get all 10 songs, you will get those 5 ED.. if no one guesses all songs of that week, then the prize will carry over to the next week, where 1 ED will be added until someone wins..

so week 1 -> 5ed to first person to get all 10 songs, no one gets all 10, week 2 -> 6 ed to first person, etc etc.

The compilations will start new every monday and will run til the friday of that same week.. 5 days to try and guess it... 6 times a day.. 30 times to hear it ;) As I will not be telling ANYONE what these songs are, everyone again is eligible, and since you MUST post in THIS forum (Excelsior Bards - i will be making a new thread for your answers!) .. there will be no question who got them first :)

as with my DJ challange.. you do not have to guess any particular "Remix"... just name of song and artist to have your chance at those Eds
Chyna
Expert Scribe

Post by Chyna »

These are 2 of the events we will be trying out here on Excelsior Radio (uoex.net/radio) starting in November.. if you have any other ideas for events that might be fun to try ON THE RADIO... please feel free to PM me in here or in game and we will see if we can give them a try to. A few of you already have and i am working to see how we can fit them in.

Thank you everyone! <3s

:dance
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

too bad you couldn't tie in team-speak with the radio (or could you), and have karaoke. lol.

FYI: karaoke in Japanese means: "tone-def"; go figure right?

this is awesome chyna, and good luck with the event.