Staff

+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Staff

Post by +Colibri »

Aerith, there is only one name that I can think of (and others too probably) that has 4 letters and starts with H. You can't call out names like that.

If you have proof, you can send a ticket and report your findings. They may be helpful with the investigation, but saying it like this may damage someone's reputation just because of your hunch.

You probably wouldn't want someone else posting their theories about you as well.

Also, keep in mind that:
During the chat rampage, 11 players have sent in tickets. It was handled right when i came to the computer. And again, even if we had more staff, it may not be any faster. You are the only one who didn't send a ticket, but decided to drag it out on this forum, and then also posting your theories about a player, leading to more drama.

I've locked this thread.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Staff

Post by +Colibri »

Muolke wrote: I think the solution would be to have a handful of players in game that could turn off other players ability to post in world chat for a period of up to 24 hours would solve the issue.
Yep that would be a solution for being able to cover such a situation. Probably by a vote of several players, and of course any such voted chatban would need to be reviewed. Considering how much coding it's to make it, and how infrequent these incidents are and that overall it doesn't do a whole lot of damage (if it's not dragged out and magnified in such a forum topic), it's not a high priority.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)