Staff

Aerith
Master Scribe

Staff

Post by Aerith »

So for at least the past 4 hours, we have had someone spamming racist and homophobic comments in public chat. This is supposed to be a family shard, yet theres no staff to enforce anything. Today proved that we DESPERATELY need more staff with powers to ban. Its embarrassing really. I can look past no events, no staff for help but when a family shard with kids playing have to experience what weve all had to experience today, thats when i have an issue. Pull your finger out and recruit some staff. You CANNOT staff an 150+ player shard alone +Col.
Zalia
Elder Scribe

Re: Staff

Post by Zalia »

I don't think it's far to blame +C for not having staff on for a few hours. I agree the twit has been quite annoying, but putting him on Ignore helped.
+C will ban the loser as soon as he gets back on, and I bet that will be within 12 hours.
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Yeah, some kind of moderators with chat ban capabilities would be nice to have online when there's a mad rager on the loose or someone messes up an ad macro and spams messages every 10 seconds.
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Yup, doesnt have to be a full admin, just a chat moderator would work whos timezone is different to Cols
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thanks, and also to all who have sent in tickets about this person. Overall, this could only be avoided if we had 24/7 moderators online, which isn't simple with quality moderating... it's easy for someone with the power to chatban, although well intended, has a too zelaous approach to things and then i have to deal with more than just banning the one account. So, this is something that I'll be addressing, but there are some other priorities first.

Bazzserver, if you are reading this: you have created an account just for spamming this in chat, I don't know who you actually are, so I can't do much about whatever your problem is. I think I know who you are, and well just because I haven't granted your request (done things the way you think is right), doesn't mean going on such a rampage will change my mind... if anything, you've made a strong argument against your point of view.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

+Colibri wrote:Thanks, and also to all who have sent in tickets about this person. Overall, this could only be avoided if we had 24/7 moderators online, which isn't simple with quality moderating... it's easy for someone with the power to chatban, although well intended, has a too zelaous approach to things and then i have to deal with more than just banning the one account. So, this is something that I'll be addressing, but there are some other priorities first.

Bazzserver, if you are reading this: you have created an account just for spamming this in chat, I don't know who you actually are, so I can't do much about whatever your problem is. I think I know who you are, and well just because I haven't granted your request (done things the way you think is right), doesn't mean going on such a rampage will change my mind... if anything, you've made a strong argument against your point of view.
I think the solution would be to have a handful of players in game that could turn off other players ability to post in world chat for a period of up to 24 hours would solve the issue. If you made it so these players are all vets (5+ years) with no serious rule infractions then the risk of damage would be minimized. You could set up rules with these players that the feature should only be used in the event of serious & egregious violations such as what happened this morning.

I've always been an advocate of having more staff present and that's because I feel like just having someone available has a sense of reassurance for the players. We'v gone from having 7-8+ staff members down to just 1 and while there needs to be a "leader" there also needs to be a support system for that leader to delegate activities and tasks (no, not the jail ones).
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Check the paypal transactions for the past 24 hrs col and cross reference them with main accounts. Im pretty sure its a 4 letter name, starts with H ends with B. they logged on immediately after bazz stopped posting and theres been many many issues with them before
Aira
Novice Scribe

Post by Aira »

To whom it may concern:

These types of issues once they have been made aware to +Colibri, ALL "speculation" of any persons involved is ASBOLUTELY unwarranted, especially on a forum post, if you have any information to which you could find relevant should be directly discussed with +Colibri !He has the tools to ascertain the individual responsible!
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

Well first off you should not jump to pointing fingers at people if you don't know . Know that when you pointing a finger at someone you are pointing 3 more back at your self. just makes you look bad.

And I know for a fact its not the person your accusing. And i'm sure +coli know it to.

The fact that you out right accuse someone of something with out any proof makes you look bad. Now I stay out of drama as much as possible. its the thing that kills communities and games. so what i think is if you got prof of something then you can drop names. cuz now its making you look bad like you got a grudge or something.

So why don't you put your self in check and watch who you talk about. its people like you who talk with out thinking about what your saying and who your hurting so my suggestion is to keep it to your self.

Dint your Grandma teach you if you cant say something nice not to say anything at all?

so I would appreciate it if you keep my guild members off your fingers and if you have a problem with one of my family members, you be an adult about it and bring it to me not go and slander someone name all over the forums or world chat.

So with that said I hope you all have a good day!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I THOUGHT it was HaLb too Aerith!! But we shouldn't single them out and slander them in a public forum without proof... Oh I just did...

I was not online during the tirade. The community itself is usually really good at moderating world chat. But when people get all ranty it can be hard. I guess the community just needs to remind everyone how to put players on ignore. Then the rager can just waste their own time.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Sister Nicci
Passer by

Post by Sister Nicci »

Aerith wrote:Check the paypal transactions for the past 24 hrs col and cross reference them with main accounts. Im pretty sure its a 4 letter name, starts with H ends with B. they logged on immediately after bazz stopped posting and theres been many many issues with them before
How do you say vendetta?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Sister Nicci wrote:
Aerith wrote:Check the paypal transactions for the past 24 hrs col and cross reference them with main accounts. Im pretty sure its a 4 letter name, starts with H ends with B. they logged on immediately after bazz stopped posting and theres been many many issues with them before
How do you say vendetta?
7 letter word, starts with an A and ends with an H?....oh wait i'll stop.
Sister Nicci
Passer by

Post by Sister Nicci »

Muolke wrote:
Sister Nicci wrote:
How do you say vendetta?
7 letter word, starts with an A and ends with an H?....oh wait i'll stop.
ya still change your face
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Well my evidence was that'

1; They had PMd me a couple of times asking to borrow millions of gold, (even though i dont really speak to them much). After saying no, id assume they dont like me now, hence why they was unhappy with me in global and i was one of the few that was targeted.

2; When Bazz stopped talking, your guild member came online pretty much straight away, could be coincidence i guess.

3; Your guild member stole a LOT of things from my friends house after she placed trust in your guild member and gave her co admin to her house. This is the type of person they are... allegedly.

4; There was the incident with HLP where there was drama in global and drama on discord over your guild member taking money off Love and i believe a bow was took too.

5' Your guild member has pmd me and openly asked me to break shard rules before. she asked me to drag monsters to someone in Mistvale and kill them. i declined.

I didnt just randomly pick a name out of my backside papa, this is who i assumed it was. Im sure Col can find out and if it isnt, then i apologise for thinking it was them, but even that said, that doesnt change the fact that your guild member is a beggar, thief and just not a good person from what ive seen and heard from others and personal experiences.
PaPa
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by PaPa »

Aerith wrote:Well my evidence was that'

1; They had PMd me a couple of times asking to borrow millions of gold, (even though i dont really speak to them much). After saying no, id assume they dont like me now, hence why they was unhappy with me in global and i was one of the few that was targeted.

2; When Bazz stopped talking, your guild member came online pretty much straight away, could be coincidence i guess.

3; Your guild member stole a LOT of things from my friends house after she placed trust in your guild member and gave her co admin to her house. This is the type of person they are... allegedly.

4; There was the incident with HLP where there was drama in global and drama on discord over your guild member taking money off Love and i believe a bow was took too.

5' Your guild member has pmd me and openly asked me to break shard rules before. she asked me to drag monsters to someone in Mistvale and kill them. i declined.

I didnt just randomly pick a name out of my backside papa, this is who i assumed it was. Im sure Col can find out and if it isnt, then i apologise for thinking it was them, but even that said, that doesnt change the fact that your guild member is a beggar, thief and just not a good person from what ive seen and heard from others and personal experiences.
So you have made 5 statments that tell everyone you have a grudge aginst my guildmember. none of the points you made are proff of anything.

lets break this down
hmmm no proff of anything here that points to my member here.
what a coincidence but hmm still no proff of anything.
so my guild member allegedly stole things from someone and this was weeks ago and my guild member had payed for this crime with being jailing and payed restitution . this case has been closed
This is still no proff of what your are accusing my member of doing.
still sounds like a grudge to me let move on to your next point
This still fits into your 3rd point and has been resolved
so this point has no proff shown but it still has nothing to do with the orginal post.
no i agree with you you dint just randomly pick someone you choose someone you have a grudge against.

your own words
this is who i assumed it was.
so you admited you dont know and you are just pointing fingers at someone you dont like. no proff was pointed out that my member was useing a second account to come into global chat and did and said what was said.

and now to your insults
that doesnt change the fact that your guild member is a beggar, thief and just not a good person

im just not going to comment cuz talking bad about people just makes you look bad so i dont need to.

Now my proff.

the alleged person your are slandering beacuse you are holding a grudge aginst was jailed and doing tasks for a issues i had caused her at the time this was happening and was talking with me in discord even thought i was not in game at the time.

So with this all said and done you have not once have showed 1 thing that proved anything besides you are a grudge holding finger pointer, no proff, agitator who must not have anything better to do ( like play the game) then create problems and make bad feeling to your self and other people.

and the worst part about all this is that it had nothing to do with you in the first place.

so with all this said and done like i said in my first post
So why don't you put your self in check and watch who you talk about. its people like you who talk with out thinking about what your saying and who your hurting so my suggestion is to keep it to your self.