Crafting Menus

Aerith
Master Scribe

Crafting Menus

Post by Aerith »

Hey, im gonna try to keep this as constructive as i possibly can.

Could i ask what was the reason that new customised crafting systems were made?

Im sure the person that made them put in a lot of time and effort, but they are not very well done, in my opinion.

Lets say im out in Felucca and my legs need to be fixed. On the old menu, i could whip out a tailor sewing kit. click repair, click my legs, done. 5-10 seconds tops.

On the new menu, i open up the sewing kit, then im greeted with a screen completely full of a huge menu that covers the screen. i find "repair".. click it... i need leather to repair my legs. What? So if i dont have the leather on me, i have to go home and fetch my keys. Then, i have to reopen that menu, click repair and find out " you cannot craft while mounted. Again, what?

Then finally i have a 10 second timer to repair said item with the leather i went to fetch from my house while my pet sits next to me in danger of dying.

Surely im not the only one that can see severe flaws in this?

I really appreciate that you want to take things and try enhance them and make them better and custom and cool, but there is nothing wrong with the old OSI menus from what ive seen? They work perfectly, theyre effecient and quick and easy to use. The new system just over complicates everything, requires materials and cant do anything while mounted and you have 3-15 second timers on crafting stuff. I dont get it im affraid.

Lastly, Arms of Tactical Excellence, the Tokuno artifact, cannot be repaired with Tailoring for some reason, nor Blacksmith. I need to use a 25k field repair kit to repair a 5k value item?

Thanks, hopefully i can get some answers and wrap my head around the reason for the custom menus.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Crafting Menus

Post by Johnny Warren »

Aerith wrote:Then, i have to reopen that menu, click repair and find out " you cannot craft while mounted. Again, what?
How many tailors you see creating things on horse/drakeback?
JOHNNY WARREN!
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Aerith wrote: Lets say im out in Felucca and my legs need to be fixed...........................
Read before you type maybe?
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

darn! my money was on someone else for a snarky reply to Aerith. I feel robbed... :roll:
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

patrix wrote:darn! my money was on someone else for a snarky reply to Aerith. I feel robbed... :roll:
Am I late to the party?