Possibility to switch off Night Sight on items

Pete10
Journeyman Scribe

Possibility to switch off Night Sight on items

Post by Pete10 »

One of the things i love are the light sources in UO, nothing is more cosy and pretty then the towns at night with their torch lights and candles and lanterns and and..
But the jewelry ruins that, i often earlier tried to get therefore jewelry without night sight what made people love, because in dungeons it can be a lifesafer, but then you still have the good old spell. Btw, having a timer on the spell to see how long it lasts could be an idea also, like timers on all other buffs. I think there are not all buffs shown on [buffs yet.

Would it be possible to implement the option to switch off the night-sight-attribute on jewelry ?
Would really be cool.
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Re: Possibility to switch off Night Sight on items

Post by mattwaldram »

I was thinking recently that a relatively simple* (*I say "simple" but I have no idea how easy it would be to code) way to increase the difficulty of a dungeon, or event/quest etc, would be to have it so Night Sight doesn't work in that area, so it's harder to avoid the critters.

I also agree with the OP that being able to turn off night sight from time to time would be nice for seeing how the towns and player-houses are "supposed" to look.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

mattwaldram wrote:I was thinking recently that a relatively simple* (*I say "simple" but I have no idea how easy it would be to code) way to increase the difficulty of a dungeon, or event/quest etc, would be to have it so Night Sight doesn't work in that area, so it's harder to avoid the critters.
One of the basic features in Razor is the ability to block the packets which change the lighting the client experiences. Even if you disabled Night Sight in an area, folks running around with lighting disabled would still experience it fully lit.

Regards,
Wil
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Then I cheerfully retract my suggestion.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Sorceress Adel
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sorceress Adel »

UOS

This results in night sight not working on you what so ever presenting you with dark nights and colored lighting if applicable :)

(Server is down right now or i'd show clip of effect working)
Sorceress Adel Archmage of the Void
Sorceress Adel
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Sorceress Adel »

Sorceress Adel Archmage of the Void
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

It would be nice if night sight either failed to work period, or had a very limited range.
I agree the lighting in the game makes night time in towns quite nice looking and add more realism and danger to the game.
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

Charon wrote:It would be nice if night sight either failed to work period, or had a very limited range.
I agree the lighting in the game makes night time in towns quite nice looking and add more realism and danger to the game.
This but also it would be nice if it were harder to get, the lighting in this game is phenomenal but I don't think anyone pays attention to it that much. I recommend everyone try playing with the lighting down (if you use UOSteam) :)
Attachments
lightscameraaction.png
lightscameraaction.png (592.94 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Erth wrote:I recommend everyone try playing with the lighting down (if you use UOSteam) :)
Wow, tried, awesome. Will always be using reduced lighting, adds a completely new feel to the game. Had no idea you could set the light intensity yourself (despite seeing that slider in UOS a million times lol). Thanks Erth.
JOHNNY WARREN!
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

This way of playing is much more interesting. I love how we can make it darker... without making it pitch dark.
All these pools of light are awesome.
On a sorta side issue... I have a "North Star" that does not shine. Is that supposed to be that way? Now I wonder if there are other items that would add to the looks of the game if they actually provided light.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Entora
Master Scribe

Post by Entora »

Forgot how awesome to stay in the dark and now I just own a creepy bar in the forest.