LADY MEL...

Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

LADY MEL...

Post by Alamiester »

i just did a run threw it, and OMG wth is goin on with this? ive done a few of them in the last few years, and i know they have changed alot, but i ran around in the lady mel area for two hours trying to figure out what i needed to do. then i my teamate found another portal in the back. it needs to be more simpler, 3 items, keys or whatever, i dunno whats what in that area, i just run around an kill stuff for hours. turn it to a key like travesty. 3 keys opens the gate to mel. :D
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Re: LADY MEL...

Post by Alamiester »

revert anyone, lol? sorry to say it but the few times i did it along time ago, i didnt mind waiting 10-15 minutes to do it. but i wasnt as active on the forums either. how many peeps in uoex wish it was back to the old way? i remember it the few times i did it 7 years ago, but i was lost yesterday.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

There is 5 keys to do mel> Its been that way for like 4 to 5 years now. And the wait timer on Lady Mel has always been 20 minutes. Always. Actually before the keys to get the ticket. It was 30 minutes. so at least its a little faster.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

i realize that, but its all weird now, like get some before you go in, run aound find some more, but when you go up to the tree area its nothing, like the portal to get to mel is away from anything you would expect.

use to be walk through the tree, where the signs are at now. but nothin there.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

Its been the gate over there since the keys for mel were put in 4 to 5 years ago. lol
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

i undersdtande whn the changes where, and why. but now its killed it. mind me the changes to travsty for instanceses worke well, i think the mel ones were counter productive. its a pain in the a to get there. compared to fighting mel, id pass just cause its too much too get there. travesty is just right for peerless. once you get your keys, hit the gate go in. mel is a mess.....
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

im just giving a new player perspective. i know how i was, and ive redone it after not doing it for a long time.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

prolly right at home for peeps that do it every day huh.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

well you aren't entirely wrong from my perspective.

what I do like about the lady mel line system is it actually doesn't do very much. the line still functions exactly the same as it did before the tickets on the honor system truly, its not like the tickets put you into a que that can't be changed etc

you can say similar things about other control/ticket systems , the gauntlet etc.

Interesting thing is these were all changes that were thrown together because of acute problems, as in 1 or 2 players I am sure there was a back end reason for all the choices but there are 2 realities

1. none of the controls created work well, they all make the area they have been grafted into feel clunky, flow stupid, and my favorite it assumes and treats the player base like a bunch of children.

2. none of the controls prevent what they are trying to prevent, the honor system is still required in all cases just like it always was, and as such it just means there is a bunch of key items, tickets, que line walls etc junking up boss areas

all opinion but I can understand the pov of the original post here.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

Yoda wrote:2. none of the controls prevent what they are trying to prevent, the honor system is still required in all cases just like it always was, and as such it just means there is a bunch of key items, tickets, que line walls etc junking up boss areas
This is the main 'issue' (if you can even call it one) with the peerless changes. It's like, I can see what they were going for, but those tickets don't put you in the queue alone, it's all still honor system and respect for the next person. It's almost as if a few people were highly disrespectful and caused issues with the previous systems, and so the whole system was skewed so it isn't as simple to be rude. You can definitely still be 'that guy' and jump ahead of people, but after going through everything to get to the queue in the first place, you'd rather just follow the guidelines. I don't think it SHOULD OF solved the issues that made the changes necessary, but I haven't heard of the same issues with players arising since the changes.

I prefer the old way. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, right? But in the end, it doesn't take much to 'ruin it for everyone', so to speak.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

thats the thing though it wasn't that broken for a really long time and its multiple attractions not just mel.

it would be interesting to see if we could be trusted with concepts such as not being jerks to each other without all the clutter
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011