New concept and updates on Fel Wrong

+Mocha
Expert Scribe

New concept and updates on Fel Wrong

Post by +Mocha »

First, I would like to apologize for the delay. I know I used to change it all fairly often.

So I have started with the new concept, currently nothing on the entrance level has changed , most creatures in the second area have been removed as some of you know to get ready for new things. New things will be released 1 thing at a time and the reason for this very slow update and release is so that I can observe the impact of the changes along with the usefulness of it.
Some things will be very easy compared to before, others harder. As many of you know, sometimes the wealth there is in gold, sometimes it is in other things. For the last maybe year it has been mostly gold there, that phase is ending. Some months ago new stealables were added, some old ones were taken away. There will be new collectibles added and with a little luck new quest lines and or rewards for large hard to kill things. I understand that the changes will make some people unhappy, but there will be some that will love it.
It has always been a crafters place if people knew what they were looking for and it will continue to be so. It will not continue to be as fast paced as it has been since there are lots of places for older player to hunt and play I am hoping to make past of Wrong more inclusive , and include the moderately skilled player. This should not be mistaken for easy, unless of course you are very well geared.
Dashelwest
Apprentice Scribe

Re: New concept and updates on Fel Wrong

Post by Dashelwest »

Isn't the exclusivity of farming wrong what made it great? Something to aspire to? If it is made any easier and more accessible to moderately skilled players you are taking away that drive to be better. There are a lot of places to farm but not a ton that are truly rewarding to older players. As it stands we already have to take turns at the few there are. I truly love this shard and the players in it. Especially the ones who have been here longer and stick around. All those players are fully relayered and wrong was one of those places that could still reward a well equipped player who has put in the time effort and money to earn their place. So much of this shard is designed and geared to the low and mid level players to help them get to the end game quite quickly. Its just unfortunate that once you get there a lot of the game falls off. I don't mean this to sound ungrateful although i fear that's how this will come off. I actually do really appreciate all that you guys do to make this shard great. I just hope you take into account a different perspective of what constitutes value in this game and that a place that is highly rewarding and out of reach of an average player is something highly valuable to those of us who put in the time and dedication to this shard. That was a bit long winded but i am passionate about this game and shard. =P.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Dungeon Wrong has been my go-to place for years now, mainly because of the speed, volume and wide variety of loot & valuables it has. Also the small tweaks here and there kept it fresh. Needless to say i'm a bit upset about reading this:
+Mocha wrote:It will not continue to be as fast paced as it has been since there are lots of places for older player to hunt and play
+Mocha wrote:I am hoping to make past of Wrong more inclusive , and include the moderately skilled player. This should not be mistaken for easy, unless of course you are very well geared.
The thing is, with it's current implementation a veteran with most slots relayered can "lock down" Wrong alone (don't even need that many relayers if you know what you're up against/which stats you need to survive) if they're efficient and systematic using the well placed teleporters around the dungeon, it really held max 2 players at once before slowing down too much. Not to even mention other hunting spots, which are considerably slower, can and will be locked down by a single player with relayers. This is what i've observed off peak hours.

There really isn't that many spots for vets to hunt considering above "issue". Relayered folk can lock down most hunting spots alone. Sure there's stuff like Sgail but that place isn't good for gold considering the risks (it is fun tho if you don't have gold in mind alone).
+Mocha wrote:It has always been a crafters place if people knew what they were looking for and it will continue to be so.
IMO the crafting materials were a nice bonus but it would be more efficient to go and mine/chop wood/kill elementals than go to Wrong for em.

I guess we'll have to wait and see :)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

that's the thing Mr. G and you illustrated it beautifully

The game simply isn't designed to handle a fully relayered player, so in many ways stop trying.. yeah will you lose the odd uber relayered vet saying it is boring sure. the good ones will stay for the community and deliver themselves strong self directed goals.. I always suspected blazeBud back in the day as having a penchant for finding apparently impossible teleport targets and camping them. To each their own. but I flat out don't expect the mechanics to work for my gear, and in fact I like that fact, chat creativity etc..

I mean you can sit there as a crash test dummy for the staff see if you can let them find ways to kill you (fast tag-teams with mortal strike and various other delays/paralize at high proc%chance is murderous id expect)

content for a fully relayered is nei-impossible to get right takes a lot of doing, then an Ace like Corn will come along and flush any progress you THINK you made.

very rough catch22 for staff
what +M does with wrong is outstanding, for this time it may be mid-geared, but if you were describing `locking it down`was already not stomping fully.

And I will reiterate something I have said before..

None of you including myself truly want a challenge, you just want to thump your chest occasionally like the near ape you are, myself included and show off..
faced with anything remotely representing a challenge most of us old timers have chucked on a bluray, netflix or some other form of instant gratification..
people like to SAY they want a challenge.. challenge comes.. they typically go.. OK OK ENOUGH CHALLENGE!!
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

I want to say the things I said in the other thread, but I'm going for a different point here.

Wrong was nice because it was hard until you learned how to do it. When I came back I was doing it with a lvl 70 SoP necklace and some BC boots, that's it. The good thing is that it was hard enough and the learning curve steep enough to make it quite a bit more exclusive than most other places. I enjoyed going there because I have a lot of HBoH and could farm all kinds of resources and actually ran around actively killing things. I didn't like the fact there was a bank outside because it made farming for people that weren't geared a little too easy, imo. If it were up to me, and I know it's not, I'd love to see Wrong updated however +Mocha sees fit as it's been a pretty good place to farm a large variety of items at a rate way slower than actively farming one but fast enough to get you a bunch of stuff. Get rid of the bank for aforementioned reasons. Lastly I'd love to see those instances that we've heard about used so we could all have our own personal Wrong. The reason I say that is the reason you guys mentioned is one person can lock it down, the dungeon is just too small. Oh, almost forgot should also get rid of the teleporter there from Tram. Make us lazy folk have to run there.

Thanks for the update, +Mocha, and look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Erth
Expert Scribe

Post by Erth »

Fel Wrong is easily my favorite dungeon to go to on this shard and I feel like this is another example of tweaking things that don't need to be tweaked. I'd much rather you put your time into updating other existing content and other dungeons. I have no reason to go to any of these other Fel dungeons, besides a select few for leveling. Even S'gail doesn't seem that rewarding for its difficulty besides for finishing off the quests. I hope I'm not coming off as really rude, though. I appreciate the thought and effort, I just thought I'd voice my opinion.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I have really enjoyed wrong since I came back in 2017. I hope to enjoy the new wrong. I will run there today and check it out. I've been checking once a week or so for well over a month. You a 3rd and fourth level that just keeps getting harder would be a good way to make everyone happy. level five all hit for 250 hp with an immortal strike every time!.

Oh BTW decorate your workshop near. Wrong I keep thinking wow A GMs workshop and then I walk in and its bear. but at least I can repair my ax there.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

So, now that I have had some time with new wrong level two (Phase 1) I like the 3 dragonish spawns in the first room it is rather neat that they rotate the type of dragon it is (I've seen 4 types so far).

Sustains:
1) rotating spawn is neat and make that room more interesting.

Improves:
1) if these critters could be tamed it would make collecting them fun.
2) they could use a buff to both HP and the number that spawn at one time. (they are rather fragile right now, I get we are making level 2 more lower level friendly but, buffing 1st room spawn is just my opinion.)

I have found a pair of horse shoes to steel on level 1 but I am unsure of where or what else to find. Has anything been added to level two beside room 1 and the removal of all other spawn on the level beside smurf room?
Attachments
pic of room 1, no spawn show as it rotates between a bunch of dragon types
pic of room 1, no spawn show as it rotates between a bunch of dragon types
wrong phase 1 room 1.png (401.73 KiB) Viewed 5811 times
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Reading Mochas post I realize Wrong is in a reboot phase which I look forward to seeing the changes down the line.. With that said the way it is currently is its just a nerfed version of its former self.. I went to see what the fuss was the other day and was just bleh but yes its in transition.. But in the meantime its not worth the run through forget. No, end game players don't have "plenty of other stuff" What do we have? a pointless sgail after you get the legs? As far as Wrong being for crafters, that's odd as in order to survive there even now you need to be quite buff. Whos going there to farm ingots or scales when they have 6 relayers? I have stated before that Wrong has potential to be great for end game content but I realize its also Mochas baby and well its up to her heh :)
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Post by Iltar »

Fel Wrong was place where I farmed most gold for my first relayer and HBOH and I enjoyed spending time there. Now it gives twice less gold. It's not that bad(though it's quite bad because I don't know how players and especially new players can farm gold now with Wrong and Gauntlet changes except killing balrons(so boring) and making jewelry), just hope that new dungeons or quests will be added in addition to Wrong for diversity of hunting.
About s'gail it's really a loss that after getting leggings there is zero motivation to go there - no gold, no weapon exp, no gear. Currently leggings give 30%SDI, 50 mana and 12 hp. I think increasing hp to +18 on Gleam Aura Leggings would make them interesting item to relayer and give reason to do s'gail.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)