Feluca Cities into Guild Owned Cities...Just a thought.

Silvest Shaladar
Novice Scribe

Feluca Cities into Guild Owned Cities...Just a thought.

Post by Silvest Shaladar »

I know this is my first post, but I been trolling the forums for about 2 weeks. Though I had an idea and wanted to cast out and see what bites.

You know how in Fel the towns are overrun with baddies and none of the gates are available to use. Why not have those cities available for players to take over?

Lets say a group of players or a guild wanted to have control over Britain, they would have to clear the town of hostiles and keep it clear for a certain time limit, say an hour from the time the last enemy was slain inside the city. During that Hour nothing could spawn within the city, it would have to spawn on the outskirts and move into the city to try and take it back. Once the time has elapsed, shopkeepers would start spawning, the Gate would appear for regular usage, but only be able to go to another gate, it couldn't take you to another gate location if there was no gate there. Players would have to keep the city safe (Once a week there would be a surprise attack, scouts always come in first about an hour in advance to give players a chance to muster) from the baddies which would spawn in to try and retake the city.

While in charge of the city, the player elected as Mayor by the other players, could make certain changes to the city, the city gate (near the bank like in Tram cities) would be available. The city would be guarded at each road into the city by guards that would defend till death while raising an alarm. This alarm would be sent to any persons linked to the cities defense.

No single guild could run more than one city, but they could help another group take a city.

Just a thought I was having.

Thanks for reading and any input.

Silvest Shaladar
Ghost in the bushes
Pek
Elder Scribe

Re: Feluca Cities into Guild Owned Cities...Just a thought.

Post by Pek »

I love the idea of taking back Fel cities. I was looking to gather peeps to clear the orcs out of Yew, but I realised there was no real reward for it, other than the satisfaction of killing baddies.

I love your idea of fighting to clear the town and keeping it safe from invasion. You could make it so, we clear the town to save the npc who are captured. Then they can return to their shops.

Also by increasing the gold or artifact drop chance, you can entice people to do more in Fel than just champs.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Silvest Shaladar
Novice Scribe

That and the comradery of doing something together with a thought to the future. I am sure the coders have plenty on their plate at the moment with the facets and everything else they do for us. But maybe sometime in the future it would be plausible.

Silvest Shaladar
Ghost in the Bushes
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

While initially I like the idea, I’ve thought of a detriment to the idea. (Though, I still do like the idea).

A lot of people go to some of the fel cities for weapon leveling, essence/ointment gathering, gem collecting, gathering, and a few other reasons. If a guild were to overtake Cove for instance. They would have easy access to the cove champ (regardless that it’s rarely done) it’s a competitive advantage for gathering organics. Not to mention the loss for anyone/everyone else who might like to venture into cove for leather gathering, or whatever else.

I know that there are alternative places to go for gathering/leveling etc. but you’d possibly be taking away a place a person really likes to go and adventure.

Personally, I like the idea of an invasion that encroaches on a lesser used trammel town like, say, Jhelom. (Think S’gail but where more people could participate) The invasion could then take place in an area that is sparsely used, and not impact much in the way of adventuring. Players that do happen to use that area for banking etc can move to another area. Then the rewards could be titles etc for killing x numbers of invaders. Like Defender of xxxx town.

Like I said, I like the idea, but I am also that guy that like to play around in some of the Fel cities.
Valorian in game!
Silvest Shaladar
Novice Scribe

Good thinking Versales, I am new to the server and unless I was at a champ spawn I had only seen one other person besides myself just running around Fel, course I was dead and he the nice soul who ressed me and helped me get back to my corpse.
What can I say I like Minoc, and those blood / poison eles ganked me hard. Wasn't expecting half a dozen blood elementals and a couple of poison elementals to be right there when I was running from an ummm.

But you are right, I am sure there are folks that hunt in particular towns, according to what they are farming. I went thru Brit and saw it was full of undead, some not so tough and others pretty mean. But I could see myself farming a town.

Thanks for the input!
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I like this idea! I have proposed a city loyalty/citizenship aspect but this sounds great to. We need more city involvement for sure