Upcoming Food Revamp

Pek
Elder Scribe

Re: Upcoming Food Revamp

Post by Pek »

I really enjoy the change. Being a non-script user and light PRer, I like using the skills in the game to track an animal/monster, shoot it, skin it and sit by a campfire cooking and eating. Breaks up the monotony of farming gold quite well.

Ultima has a unique skills system that allows you to actually role-play a little, and I absolutely love it. Just my two cents, keep up the great work :)
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

Ask +Nyx when Elysium is coming out. If we're lucky it'll only be 3 years late and be out this summer. Enacting a poor system before it is even half way ready is a bad idea. I'm sure the thought was to hurt people who macro farm, but I can assure you that if you can write a macro to farm you can most certainly write a macro to feed yourself. I love the idea of eating for bonuses but forcing you to eat or negating all of the bonuses on your relayers that in one way or the other come from actual cash paid to the server is just bad business.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Cornbread wrote: I love the idea of eating for bonuses but forcing you to eat or negating all of the bonuses on your relayers that in one way or the other come from actual cash paid to the server is just bad business.
You're actually feeding your armor... :lool:
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
bigd1979
Novice Scribe

Post by bigd1979 »

First, I want to thank our Admins. I can't even fathom the amount of work that goes into maintaining this server along with creating fabulous seasonal quests and awesome rewards. Amidst all of our whining, complaining, and arguing you are also trying to create brand new content, entire realms to explore, to keep us entertained. That kind of dedication to something that you do not have to be dedicated to at all is amazing and deserves more than thanks. As someone who truly loves to cook in real life I was so excited about the prospect of cooking being a viable skill with real purpose in UO. Thinking about hunting down recipes and rare ingredients to create that elusive Eye of Newt Sundae had me waiting in anticipation like a child before a stack of birthday presents. :woot: I totally understand that this is going to be something that gives us benefits, that it will make our game play stronger, and there for needs a balance of sorts with a debuff as well. Ying and Yang if you will. Where my gripe starts though is with the timing of the releases. We are promised this great feature sometime down the road, but are being penalized for using it now while we are getting zero benefits or rewards. Is it really difficult to raise your cooking high enough to cook some ribs or fish steaks? No, it isnt. Is it that hard to mass kill sheep or slay fish from the bow of your boat for a couple hours to amass a supply of food? Not at all. Could you dump a bunch of gold and just buy cooked food? Sure. Is it possible to write script to automate the eating? Not for me but for some. But without the benefits of recipes and food it is just really annoying to spend my time/gold and get nothing out of it besides carpel tunnel syndrome. In my opinion, I'm being forced to waste part of my game play time on a virtually fruitless task and it irks me to no end to waste time. :verymad: Time is the only thing you can not buy more of, there for every second on this plane is priceless. For me, it has actually kind of soured the excitement of the Elysium cooking updates. Now I feel like a kid who has been shown a stack of presents and told that he has to clean up the party mess, but can't open presents until later. When? Who knows, not now, but later. :displeased:
Dindu
Novice Scribe

Post by Dindu »

all I know is i'm eating a lot of food to keep the gen rates up and nuthin coming out. Something bad gonna happen.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

bigd1979 wrote:it is just really annoying to spend my time/gold and get nothing out of it besides carpel tunnel syndrome. In my opinion, I'm being forced to waste part of my game play time on a virtually fruitless task and it irks me to no end to waste time. :verymad:
I totally agree. I would macro it to avoid carpel tunnel syndrome, however, that kind of defeats the point of making the game more realistic in a way. All this change has done (apart from making me ruin a good levelable wep) is make one of my HBoH's carry only 39 items. I really don't think this adds any element of realness, role play or intrigue to the game. Just more clicks (or macros).

IF the Elysium stuff was done and there was more to the food/hunger system I would reevaluate my opinion. But as it stands. Huge waste of all players time.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I'd like to remind y'all that there was a poll stone going on in TC for quite a while and majority of voters voted in favour of turning the shard into a live test server. :roll:
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

yeah, as far as poll stones...i recall around 66% (or at least a sizable majority if my figure is off) indicating that they would prefer to dump safebet, yet there it still is...
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

Albini Steve wrote:yeah, as far as poll stones...i recall around 66% (or at least a sizable majority if my figure is off) indicating that they would prefer to dump safebet, yet there it still is...
Actually, the majority voted that they do not care about changes to it. The next majority was to change the amount to 50k. The next was to change it to 100k. I believe my gold amounts are off, but there was no option to 'dump safebet'.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Albini Steve
Expert Scribe

Post by Albini Steve »

I stand corrected, however my point was just that there wasn't much of a 'safebet is awesome!' kind of thing going on...
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I'm among those who couldn't care less about safebet. Tried it. Don't like it. Doesn't bother me.

If I had play safebet every couple hours or be restricted to chatting and bank sitting, I'd care very much about its prompt demise.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

is drunk fishing live now? I made some runic fishing poles tonight that required me to be drunk to fish but after a lot of drunken fishing I didn't get any kind of loot besides the usual fish, nets & white pearls