Tailor BOD quick touchup

+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Tailor BOD quick touchup

Post by +Requiem »

Howdy,

IMHO, the problem is quantity but it's the exact opposite quantity problem: too many combinations and an ineffective system for searching vendors for them.

Fewer combinations would help. Having bods in the books show up on vendors.uoex.net would help. Having more bods in the overall system... no great help.

Regards,
Wil
That's also what helps keep the rare things rare. Personally, I would be ok with removing the 15's of bods, as you suggested above, if the chance for a reward was 50% or 75%, rather than 100% upon turn in. Gotta keep the balance somehow.

This is also a major overhaul type thing, not a quick reward(s) fix.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

im loving the new option for filling bods from items in bag instantly except for the target icon that has to be canceled after each fill. its a minor thing having to cancel after filling each bod but if your filling a few hundred bods the annoyance does add up and theres no way to move onto the next bod unless you close that icon.
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

The only complaint I have about BODS in general is that it seems to take forever to complete a large BOD. I have 100s of small BODS that do not match up to any of the large BODS that I have. The rewards could definitely be updated but since joining this shard I havent gotten many so its not my major concern at the moment. Thanks for your time and all that you do to make the shard a better place.
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Ok everyone.

I've spoken with +Colibri about a revamp of the tailoring bod rewards, and got permission to proceed. So far, I've come up with a few ideas. Without giving away too much, I have re-worked the rewards to be more meaningful, and also come up with a new currency specific to bods.

I am looking for some of your input on items you feel could be purchased with this currency. I already have some new tailoring specific rewards picked out, as well as some custom titles only available through the bod system. Just looking to round it out a bit more.

Are there any rewards you feel would be beneficial to tailoring? Please describe them, (and what they do, if anything), below.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

-One time use recipes for clothing found in the new patch that can be used as samples for relayers.
-High use runic sewing kits/ regular kits.
-Commodity Deeds filled with leather/cloth.
-Large/small BODs of your choosing.
Jace winters
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Jace winters »

Maybe some new rug decos? I know me personally I only do the 20 exceptional shadow bod for the 33 % chance of the cloth bless deed.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Ability to combine pet leashes somehow. Or perhaps huge pet leashes. I dont know how it would work, but the premise is that tailors can sew them together.

Combine Bag Of Keeping deed. Or add item count to bag of keeping. (Premise being that tailors can sew 2 together, or reinforce one to hold more.

1 Use Unidye tub, that only works on wearables, maybe even just clothing. (same restriction as clothing bless deed)

An insured bag. Holds x items, but costs x times more per death.

Magic Carpet Mount.

Leather Furniture.

A bed you can lay down on. (Really I mean dive into and lay in like the Enormous Vat of Candy)

Self Repair 3 deeds.

Leather Grips. (Adds something to a weapon, perhaps it can push it past the 255 durability cap?) ( Or maybe something fun like +5 comfort. or +5 Style lol)

A saddle that reduces the chance of being dismounted.

A riding Crop. A weapon slot item that gives bonus taming, and does a little damage for those pets that need to be subdued but not killed.

Sturdy Backpack, holds more than the usual number of items and weight.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Will these new rewards be realistically available to most crafters? I miss my flying carpet a lot!!!!!
Also will the new currency eliminate the gold we get?!?!? A ripoff exchange rate required to get the gold we need for regular stuff? Please do not eliminate a prime income source for non-fighters.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Tailoring guild banners or flags

Tailoring guild cloak or sash

Different underwear for paperdoll

Change item appearance restricted to clothing.

+60 (and other increments) ancient hammer that is available for blacksmithing (and fletching?) but a tailoring version

Arms lore bonus equipable items, i see hardly any arms lore PS around ever.

I do like a lot of the ideas that have already been posted here like additional bag weight and item count and magic carpet too :)
In game name: Abarai
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

bod rewards do need some tweaking but I hope the rewards being tweaked are the ones no one currently has any interest in. id hate to see bods for clothing bless deeds or ethy kits reassigned to some new reward that may or may not catch on and watch our once valuable bods become junk. some of us love bods and have spent a lot of time/money (years/millions) building up our collections based on current rewards and deserve some consideration as people that will stick with bods long after the new rewards novelty has worn off for most players. I like seeing new things in the game and sometimes that means losing things ive grown nostalgic about but I also feel any changes to existing systems need to be well thought out or its just best to leave it alone.
also I think current ratios on reward possibilities should be kept 2 or 3 options per tier is the right balance so its always a gamble but not so too many duds makes it pointless to even fill those bods.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Sounds wonderful! I trust you guys. Hopeful now
This is Tuferon BTW Crafting maniac!
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

* new mount - flying carpet/rug
- weapon - leather whip - (chances to blind, disarm, dismount)
- It could be neat to have a BoD reward house addon -- Tee Pee
- special repair deeds that have -0- chance to reduce durability, 100% success chance increase max durability by 1 and don't need specialized leather for repairing.
- single use item gives 100% success chance on next thing you craft
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

There are some great ideas in here! Just to quickly address some of your concerns...

I have no plans to remove gold. I personally feel that the gold rewards for bods are a bit on the low end, and have suggested a bit of a buff to them, as well as tokens. The new currency will not replace gold or tokens, it is given as a new bod reward, at several different levels, and will be used to purchase unique things to tailoring, like custom tailoring titles, only available with this currency.

I have not removed any of the "valuable" rewards like clothing bless deeds, or runic kits. I have moved some things around however, to be more in line to where I think they should be. So, your collections may be changing accordingly. Some things were made easier to acquire, some a bit more difficult. All in all, it shouldn't upset the balance too much. I did add a 4th reward to some tiers to keep things on the less common side, and most have 3 options per tier now.

This is like the early version though, and is still subject to change. When I have my meeting with +C we'll figure out exactly what to do, and finalize things.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

I don't understand why you feel the need to change the three things about tailor bod rewards that are not broken. the bless deeds and the ethy kits are solid rewards that sell easily so those of us that do bods save bods that lead to those rewards and have paid premium prices for those bods when we find them for sale but now youll just make them give rewards that may or may not be as good . why should we ever make long term plans in this game if the rug can be pulled out from under us at anytime? also the ratios are good they have been for almost 20 years now but your gonna change the odds and now well have even worse odds at getting reward we want from tier which means its very likely those bods just wont be worth doing for those of us not that into lotto ticket odds. new rewards are great but you have to admit most new things fade and replacing a proven item with something new on reward tiers is a risk only those of us who care about bods will pay for if it fails.
im really not trying to start a fight here but bods like rares are very important part of my game. you say youll change things around to be more in line with what you think they should be so I guess you know better than the pros who built the bod system to be balanced. ill admit the original rewards are not what they used to be so im happy those can be replaced but the original odds of only 2 or three options per tier worked fine and ive nevr heard anyone complain about that except when difference in value between options was too great. you've said before that you do have a player account I do hope you at least do enough bods on that account to understand the work and the risks that go into filling bods and arnt just passing off opinions and guild chat as expertise. I know im sounding hostile but I don't mean to im just very honestly worried that your going to try to fix things that arnt broken instead of limiting yourself to just tweaking rewards that need tweaking. I do like the currency idea as long as it doesn't allow you to purchase rewards that can otherwise be earned from turning in bods that can just devalue good bods as people churn lower bods for currency to buy the good rewards.

I wont post about these opinions again as ive seen posts like this spiral outa control but I did want to go on the record with my concerns before the changes are final
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

culichi wrote:I don't understand why you feel the need to change the three things about tailor bod rewards that are not broken. the bless deeds and the ethy kits are solid rewards that sell easily so those of us that do bods save bods that lead to those rewards and have paid premium prices for those bods when we find them for sale but now youll just make them give rewards that may or may not be as good . why should we ever make long term plans in this game if the rug can be pulled out from under us at anytime? also the ratios are good they have been for almost 20 years now but your gonna change the odds and now well have even worse odds at getting reward we want from tier which means its very likely those bods just wont be worth doing for those of us not that into lotto ticket odds. new rewards are great but you have to admit most new things fade and replacing a proven item with something new on reward tiers is a risk only those of us who care about bods will pay for if it fails.

im really not trying to start a fight here but bods like rares are very important part of my game. you say youll change things around to be more in line with what you think they should be so I guess you know better than the pros who built the bod system to be balanced. ill admit the original rewards are not what they used to be so im happy those can be replaced but the original odds of only 2 or three options per tier worked fine and ive nevr heard anyone complain about that except when difference in value between options was too great. you've said before that you do have a player account I do hope you at least do enough bods on that account to understand the work and the risks that go into filling bods and arnt just passing off opinions and guild chat as expertise. I know im sounding hostile but I don't mean to im just very honestly worried that your going to try to fix things that arnt broken instead of limiting yourself to just tweaking rewards that need tweaking. I do like the currency idea as long as it doesn't allow you to purchase rewards that can otherwise be earned from turning in bods that can just devalue good bods as people churn lower bods for currency to buy the good rewards.

I wont post about these opinions again as ive seen posts like this spiral outa control but I did want to go on the record with my concerns before the changes are final
While the rewards may have been balanced and well thought out once upon a time, several have minimal to no use here because of all the customizations and being able to train every skill to 120+. As I remove one thing, it needs to be replaced with something else. Like I said, i didn't remove the clothing bless deeds, or runic kits. You will still get those.

I felt that with the updates to the crafting system as a whole, a refreshed bod reward system would fit in nicely, and give you all something more to look forward to. By adding a currency to it, it becomes expandable indefinitely. If you get the currency, you can either keep it, sell it, or use it on a special new stone with rewards you can buy only with this currency (which is a very easy way to expand stuff, or have seasonal/temporary stuff, etc as needed). The goal was to make MORE/MOST/ALL bods more useful, instead of just a select few. For instance, the person above saying he only saved the ones that gave out Clothing Bless Deeds, will hopefully find more value in saving and doing other ones.

I am expecting more people to be doing bods with this update, so that means more rewards will be going out, and in order to prevent them from being undervalued due to oversupply, I made some things more rare by adding to the tiers to help them keep their value.

Your concerns have been noted, and I think you will enjoy what I am doing. I certainly hope you will.

ps: by posting this and soliciting ideas, I am also giving you time to do any of those bods you are worried about changing. This won't be happening for a little while, so empty out those you have been saving for a rainy day.