Tailoring revamp

Tufi
Master Scribe

Re: Tailoring revamp

Post by Tufi »

Me and someone else cannot tailor ANY leather. It deducts resources and counts but doesn't make anything! Anyone else having this problem?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

as per usual will thanks for adding nothing to conversation, thanks for your unsolicited opinion, you must be so much fun at parties. if your intent is to continue this Wil, this is the last I say about your petty nonsense, sorry that i am not immature enough to sink to your level
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Yoda, I think you have it backwards. YOU are the demonstrating immaturity. This discussion includes remarks by people whose enjoyment of the game has some issues. It is about support not opinionated BS about another player's persona.

Maybe you would like your money back?
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

interesting how neither Wil nor Tufi were at all addressed in my post(S). yet both saw the need to pile on?

anyway this is about the tailoring update, specifically I am concerned about the repair deeds, the rest of it has some fantastic new options, and the bugs will be squared away as I understand it. so...... I don't see the need A) for will to come at me specifically to both things I said in the thread like a school teacher with a red pen.. B) for you to chime into that particular situation at all because it has nothing to do with you, my message was really just.. There was no need to start doing that, and I wasn't going to continue.

and I am also not going to continue with you, what I find astounding is how so many conversations degenerate into pointless back and forth, strangely I don't play videogames to do that, neither do you likely.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Okay, let's just get back on topic and keep it civil and mature please folks. I'm sure everyone can manage it if they try real hard.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Yoda, please re-read your post. You DID specify Wil! It was personal and TOTALLY inappropriate!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

All 3 of you are now being inappropriate, knock it off!
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

no problem Boss!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

im loving the new option for filling bods from items in bag instantly except for the target icon that has to be canceled after each fill. its a minor thing having to cancel after filling each bod but if your filling a few hundred bods the annoyance does add up and theres no way to move onto the next bod unless you close that icon.

*posted this on bods thread too wasn't sure which it goes to so went with both
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

there is a great deal of mechanical improvement generally, that to the bag stuff is a rocking idea on many levels. I think at first like anyone who has played this game for a long time the new colors and such from the gumps, it was an adjustment, but there is alot there to be really pleased with.

its going to be great fully worked out no doubt about that, life would be boring if it was 100% on the first try every time, in every way, all that will get sorted.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Absolutely agree with you there Culichi!! Though I have not done any Tailoring since the change, the add from targeted bag icon is a fantastic plus when doing fletching & smithing BoD's.
Can't wait for the "Salvage" bag to come out. Hopefully we will be able to make things directly into that bag, fill the BoD from the salvage bag & then say "activate" the salvage bag to scrap the remainder of unwanted non exceptionals. Least I hope it will work this.
As I am also a player who loots everything when actually hunting it would be amazingly wonderful if the salvage bag could be used for more then just crafting waste??? I tediously now salvage ingots & leather and token bag the rest. Would be nice if one could put all looted metal, wood and leather items in salvage bag and every so often "click" to scrap to raw materials. Perhaps with some really fine, yet sad, pleading & begging, things like potions/scrolls could be salvaged by to empty bottles/blank scrolls??? Food for thought anyway. Oh and - Pretty please with an assortment of seasonal berries on top....
Even if this sort of item does not come to be I would still be a "total looter", never want to get to the stage where I don't loot anything, not even the gold...

The Wheel - Sliced Bread - BoD Improvements
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I don't think I'd used tailoring before the change. Fiddled with the stone crafting a little, but not much.

Was in the hunger games event yesterday.

It was probably largely due to the stressful event, but I found the tailoring gump very hard to understand or to even get it to work.
After the event I couldn't tell you what I pressed to get things made.

Granted, that is an extremely unusual situation, but then that's when design's really get tested.
Character name: Ebony
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

OMG, HA! Yeah, the Hunger Games was my first time opening any sort of crafting gump in the last 2 years. I was like, "Whoa, wha--?" That may have contributed to my slow start. I barely managed to craft a green bow before I had to dive into combat. I spent way too much time in the fletching gump. Oh well, next year.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

its given the coding team more flexability, the way I am choosing to see it is pain now, awesome later unfortunately its a big ask to restripe these menus lots of moving parts and tiny details that are easy to not notice until after its up, being used etc

but yeah on the subject of the hunger games, it definitely was interesting being a spectator to Pheobe.. certain times she was crafting she was able to see an enemy approach while crafting (classic)

and stuff with the new gump blinded her completely, tricky tricky tricky.

I mean what is the best way to go, as I can understand the choice to take the menu opaque 100%. It definitely makes the text more legible. I will say this 2 coders in stereo going at a gump it wouldn't surprise me at all if +C and +A already have made everything from the colors to the transparency trivial to adjust, if so I can see a bright future for say, a preferences menu to allow end user control over transparency and colors. Sounds like a luxurious thing, but if you consider the amount of players we have law of averages dictates that SOME will have some level of color blindness, bright light sensitivity etc, and it could be a real boon for accessibility.

or like me Id have likely adjusted all the menus to be a see-through hud for a combat/crafting event like hunger games.

Its all steps towards a good goal, and all negativity (myself included) although less than perfect often indicates a passion for this place, and how it operates, nothing wrong with passion if directed in a productive way (myself included)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Annachie wrote:I found the tailoring gump very hard to understand or to even get it to work.
Buttons that don't look like buttons:
* click a tiny hammer and scroll to sew something
Unlabelled buttons
* a purple up-arrow sets quantity to "all" and the X sets it back to one? huh?
* What does the blue disc do? It clicks but nothing happens.
Mystery icons:
* What is the gold disc anyway? It doesn't click.

Also the craft to bag text and button overwrites the left/right arrows for the item list.