Tailoring revamp

+Arden
Elder Scribe

Re: Tailoring revamp

Post by +Arden »

Repair deeds only need 1 deed to craft now but the player using them needs to stand next to the appropriate NPC and have the required materials in the backpack for the repair to work, the repair can't fail and the materials required are the same as the repair function on the craft menu.

Also added the field repair kit, it comes with 1500 durability (1650 if crafted exceptional) and will add durability to items of the same material type or lower and does not require a NPC or any extra material to use.
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

considering all the work this has caused I/e refixing the fixes, re improving the improvements and undoing and re doing all these benefits and as it appears it is far from done yet. might it not be a serious and radical thought that to actually improve this would be to wipe the slate and put it back to the way it was and hope the memory of this entire episode fades fast :goodsuprise:
si vis pacem parabellum
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Practice makes perfect :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

if you practice a mistake does that make it a perfect mistake?
maybe a shard vote is in order
si vis pacem parabellum
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I vote people quit whining about a free service.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I'm sure the staff will figure out all the bugs and glitches with the new systems, i'm just afraid how newbies will find these changes (i know this is a heavily custom shard but still) as this is changing the core of UO gameplay...

Also, remember that we as players see only one half of the picture which might be confusing at times but it'll all work out in the end.

Peace :P
ForrestElf
Expert Scribe

Post by ForrestElf »

I think that this new deed should say that it is tailoring repair deed. Much better now when there is only one type of a deed :nod:
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

ForrestElf wrote:I think that this new deed should say that it is tailoring repair deed. Much better now when there is only one type of a deed :nod:
+1 Gets quite confusing otherwise IMO.
Musaeus
Passer by

Post by Musaeus »

Are the gains the same as before?

Before the revamp, my char experienced gain per tailor attempt that seemed to match other skill gains. It seemed to go by fast. Now, my other char went from 39.2% to 40.0% after 50 attempts at creating long pants (57.6% success chance). 8 tenths in 1:45, which seems good at first, but I need to be here to double click the next sewing kit when one dies. Unless I set up a macro... wait, wasn't that the premise of this system: make it as easy for scripters and non scripters to tailor, since no scripts were needed to mass craft?

It would be better if the new menu could access all sewing kits I have and use them in consecutive order.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Musaeus wrote:Are the gains the same as before?

Before the revamp, my char experienced gain per tailor attempt that seemed to match other skill gains. It seemed to go by fast. Now, my other char went from 39.2% to 40.0% after 50 attempts at creating long pants (57.6% success chance). 8 tenths in 1:45, which seems good at first, but I need to be here to double click the next sewing kit when one dies. Unless I set up a macro... wait, wasn't that the premise of this system: make it as easy for scripters and non scripters to tailor, since no scripts were needed to mass craft?

It would be better if the new menu could access all sewing kits I have and use them in consecutive order.
We have multiple ways to combine uses on tailor kits. If you take advantage of them you shouldn't have an issue as the max uses is 60,000.