Administrator

Re: Elysium FAQ

Post by +Colibri »

Annachie wrote:What does he drink and where do we send him a bottle? :lool:
No worries, i'm thoroughly stocked :mrgreen:
barcaffe.jpg
barcaffe.jpg (19.81 KiB) Viewed 9097 times
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

+Colibri wrote:
No worries, i'm thoroughly stocked :mrgreen:
barcaffe.jpg
Ah yes the life blood of the programmer, although I don't need the fancy cup like on the package... straight out of the pot with a straw
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

I just take mine as an enema.
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

+Nyx wrote:+C's motivation levels are probably the primary thing for now, and I'm not sure how anybody else can help him with that hehe
Go +Colibri Go!!! +Colibri is the Best! You Can Do IT!!!! YAY!! WOO!!!!!

TDC Guild
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Will you be taking the opportunity to rearrange the dungeons? ie: What actual dungeon map a dungeon entrance leads too, or where in the dungeon it leads too?
Character name: Ebony
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Annachie wrote:Will you be taking the opportunity to rearrange the dungeons? ie: What actual dungeon map a dungeon entrance leads too, or where in the dungeon it leads too?
Yes, I will. So, where you'd normally enter wisp dungeon isn't necessarily going to lead to the duplicate dungeon map of the Wisp dungeon in Elysium. It may port you to an entirely different dungeon, or a different part of that dungeon. I've also built 3 completely custom dungeons from scratch (2 of which were previewed here, along with another new structure I built for Elysium: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9203) that will have entrances in various areas of Elysium.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Added 4 more previews to the wiki, direct links:

Botanical Gardens: http://oi66.tinypic.com/krwhz.jpg.

3rd new dungeon: http://oi63.tinypic.com/23mrnna.jpg
(note the size on the mini-map, and that's not the entire dungeon either!)

Water City, Upper level, inside the roman-style baths: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2d1o1aa.jpg
Disregard the hot pink tiles, those delineate where I need to build another shop

Water City, Lower level: http://oi65.tinypic.com/2eggn12.jpg
DBD DEADLY 7
Novice Scribe

Post by DBD DEADLY 7 »

im sure we have all played warcrack one or twice in our lives but +nyx i seen you mentioned something about factions earlier in the FAQ so are you eluding to factions with daily's and certain items that you can only acquire through factions
"Probably one or two on faction vendors" im new to the forums this is the best i can do as far as quoting you lol
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

DBD DEADLY 7 wrote:im sure we have all played warcrack one or twice in our lives but +nyx i seen you mentioned something about factions earlier in the FAQ so are you eluding to factions with daily's and certain items that you can only acquire through factions
"Probably one or two on faction vendors" im new to the forums this is the best i can do as far as quoting you lol
Yep, there will be dailies (or, well, frequently repeatable quests), for earning faction and/or currency with that group. I don't intend to implement them the way they are in wow, where it's basically a requirement to grind the dailies to get anywhere. It'll be offered as an option for raising faction - for example if you already did all faction-A's non repeatable quests, then lost faction with them by doing quests for their enemy, and now want to get on good terms with faction-A again. I also intend to make them as dynamic as possible, so that from day to day the tasks you're asked to do will vary.
DBD DEADLY 7
Novice Scribe

Post by DBD DEADLY 7 »

I don't intend to implement them the way they are in wow, where it's basically a requirement to grind the dailies to get anywhere
.- +nyx
what a relief to hear BTW i love the new dungeons you have shown us. also .
So, where you'd normally enter wisp dungeon isn't necessarily going to lead to the duplicate dungeon map of the Wisp dungeon in Elysium
+nyx .
does this mean that in order to get to the new lands we will need to go through a secret tunnel/dungeon. similar to the lost lands entrance from marble. or was that just a example and not entirely how the new lands will work at all. also did i get the purple right?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

DBD DEADLY 7 wrote: does this mean that in order to get to the new lands we will need to go through a secret tunnel/dungeon. similar to the lost lands entrance from marble. or was that just a example and not entirely how the new lands will work at all.
Sorta, at first there will be only one way into Elysium, you'll do a long quest to get an access token, and then enter each time through a specific gate. Later, you'll earn good standing with various towns and unlock those locations. Once unlocked, you can then see them on world teleporters and port there for a fee. Or, you can continue to enter the facet via the method unlocked in the oringal entry quest (no fees).
kamila
Novice Scribe

Post by kamila »

Hi Nyx,
I have an additional question .

I) Artifacts/ Quests Items

My question goes in line into the new artifacts and items that we will find in this new facet.

Basically its divided into two topics: Appearance and “ Relayability “ .

Since this place will be visit by middle+ players , one of the stages of fun for some players is the process of planning/getting relayers and as a consequence try to arrange what items goes in which slot to have the smaller cost in order to increase your caps ( I.E : Use of Spirit of Totem in the head -> original slot ) .

And an additional step post relayer is to choose how it will looks at (I.e: Masks, hats, helms..).

As example to resume the question above , let’s take 02 items as sample:

1) Sgail Pants
2) Jewel of Winter

The pants if we want to relayer it into a BC/other items we can. Add to that, we can keep the awesomeness design that it has.

The second one, we cannot relayer something into it and maintain its appearance, making the necklace slot exclusive for it – I mean, if someone wants to use it.

P.s: I have not yet tested to relayer the pants or the jewel into another slot, because as I said, since a relayer takes a lot of gold and effort, I first planned to keep all the original slots for the items that it has designed to be to reduce all costs that it would be possible.

So, if someone find an arty and want to use it but already have an item/relayer on the same slot, would we be able to relayer the item to another slot? Also, if someone really enjoy the appearance of the new item, would we be possible to change an existing item (with the same slot) into the new design?

Once again, thanks a lot Nyx! :mrgreen:
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

kamila wrote:P.s: I have not yet tested to relayer the pants or the jewel into another slot
You can't relayer the pants and i assume same goes for the necklace.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

There was definitely a notice on the winter quest saying the necklace can't be relayered, as I was thinking about how to get enough dex to remove Jackals collar and still have 220 dex!
In game name: Abarai
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

hi, Kamila. I've already answered this question:
Here and Here :)