looking for, runebook mining/lumberjacking macro

If you make a Client-side script you can publish it here for other players to use
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

looking for, runebook mining/lumberjacking macro

Post by Geriatric »

as the title suggests, looking for a macro that can go through a selected rune book and mine at those locations
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: looking for, runebook mining/lumberjacking macro

Post by davethemage »

What are you using? UOS, Orion, Razor, EasyUO??

Unless we know what client your using we can't help.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

oh sorry my bad, im using UOsteam, but i left it open cos i thought there might be an easy UO script out there

and i do know i could record myself in steam recalling and mining these locations, but its an arduous task of adding pause lines between mining attempt, adding the organize if weight =>
and having to do that for each and every rune book, i just thought there might be something alot simpler when you hit play you just select the rune book and does the 16 different locations and thats it,
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

Neat idea - I've been meaning to make one of these anyway so I'll take a crack at it here in a bit.

You thinking like, hit macro, select runebook, then sit back until all 16 spots are mined? Or you wanna be able to define a list of runbooks, etc?
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i mean it would be nice if you could go through an entire list of rune books
but i think designing the macro so it only does 1 rune book at a time is a better idea to dissuade people from doing unattended macroing
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

I have one for orion you could maybe use as a template for uos, but it just throws them in a BOH rather then using the nearest, or portable forge.

if your interested throw me a dm.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Eremite »

I hacked this together. Rather than selecting a runebook, you select a pouch containing runebooks. The idea being you could just have one of those blessed item pouches filled with runebooks and it'll cycle through all of the ones it finds.

May need to adjust the weight to something other than 500 depending on your backpack upgrades.

It will look for a mobile forge + metal worker keys - if it finds both of those, it'll smelt & add ingots to the keys.
If no mobile forge + keys are found, it looks for a resource bag in your inventory and will instead move the ores into that.
If you have none of those, it'll just exit since your weight will quickly get out of control. :D

I didn't have a proper mining runebook to test with, but I just marked 5 runes to a random cave and it seems to work fine.

NOTE: This probably won't work in Trammel caves - for whatever reason, UOSteam can't do targettileoffset in Trammel, but it works fine in Fel, Malas, Tokuno, Ilshenar, etc.

https://github.com/Erumite/UOEX-Macros/ ... ing.groovy

Let me know if anything's screwy with it.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I have a razor one you can use... it is more efficient to use a bag with runes in it; however, it is more convenient to use a rune book because you can just grab a rune book filled with the type of ore you want to mine and open it. It is ready to go as soon as you grab a new book (you don't have to target each rune individually).

I also have one in Razor that will spawn ore elements and kill/[claimall them, then move on if you give it a gargoyles pickaxe. Careful though the high ores cal one or two shot you.

Let me know if you want me to shoot you them on Discord. I know you don't use razors, but, they are pretty much hands-free until your bag of holding fills up.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

i agree that the macro would be much eaasier to make with just individual runes, but that backpack item count starts blowing out pretty quick

feel free to post the razor code in here and i will update the subject matter with appropriate titles

make sure you label each one carefully though, some people may not want to mine up the ore elementals