[EasyUO] UOEX World Chat Window Script

If you make a Client-side script you can publish it here for other players to use
Crothos
Novice Scribe

[EasyUO] UOEX World Chat Window Script

Post by Crothos »

World Chat and Guild Chat Windows

I will put up more information on how to customize the window in the near future. If you cant wait, [pm me and I will try to help.
UOEX Chat Windows.zip
Contains both World Chat and Guild Chat Windows.
(1.56 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Re: [EasyUO] UOEX World Chat Window Script

Post by Crothos »

Updated the Guild Chat window with a crude timestamp. What it shows is in the format hhmmss. I have a few subroutines that I found that should make it display the correct format but need to figure out how to use subroutines in the script. Once I figure that out or someone that is more knowledgeable can fix it, i will upload it.
UOEX Guild Chat Window with timestamp hhmmss.zip
(824 Bytes) Downloaded 220 times
Ambreena
Passer by

Post by Ambreena »

Is there a way to make the chat wordwrap when the lines are longer than the window?
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Post by Crothos »

honestly, i don't know. that was one of the reasons i had the font and font size set so i didnt have any lines that went off the window. I will see if i can figure this one out. No guarantees.
Crothos
Novice Scribe

[EasyUO] UOEX Guild Chat with Date and Time Stamp!

Post by Crothos »

I figured it out! Can't believe it but I have added Date and Time stamps to Guild Chat. I had to look at a few other scripts that had it but they were confusing until I found one that made it easier to understand.

As for the wordwrap, that is a NO-GO. I researched it and found out that EasyUO created windows are very basic and cannot set wordwrap. The only way around this is to set the font and fontsize that will hopefully let you see everything on one line. I will see if I can add a horizontal scroll bar. Dont know if that will work.

Anyways,

ENJOY!

P.S.

Customizing Tutorial. I have added comments into the script that tells you where/how/what to change to customize the window/text.

Leave me a comment (good or bad) about what you think of the window.
Attachments
UOEX Guild Chat Window with Date and Time Stamp.zip
(1.33 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Re: [EasyUO] UOEX World and Guild Chat Window Script

Post by Crothos »

This should be the last update for this thread. Uploaded both World and Guild Chat windows with Date and Time Stamps. Also added comments to both scripts to show what can be customized.

Enjoy Everyone and See you on UOEX!

Crothos
Attachments
UOEX World and Guild Chat Windows with Date and Time Stamps.zip
(2.78 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I tried this out, not bad I had a pretty simple solution for your word wrap woes, I simply made the window wider changed 2 numbers at the beginning and it worked a treat.

not bad
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Post by Crothos »

Thanks for the feedback Yoda! Yeah totally forgot about adjusting the window size to fit the text in it.

I am gonna try and see if I can put in a pos x y so the windows will open in the same place everytime rather than having to move them each time it is opened. I would think that this should be possible but maybe its not an option for windows created in EasyUO.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this script, feel free to leave a comment.

Have fun and see you online!
Crothos
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

hey I am happy that people are coding for this still, its nice to see
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Post by Crothos »

I like to play with codes and what not. The hardest thing for me is having a reason to do something. The only reason I modified this chat script was because it had almost everything I wanted but I wanted specific things from a chat window. Now that I think I have it just the way I want it, guess I need to find another script to work on. I might make a skills/spell casting buttons script. UOSteam has a built-in icon organizer but Razor does not. Maybe I can come up with something similar to UOSteam.......maybe
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

Crothos wrote:UOSteam has a built-in icon organizer
It has a what-now?
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
mattwaldram
Elder Scribe

Post by mattwaldram »

I just found it! How on earth did I not know this?
-- In-game: Oslington Weasel
Crothos
Novice Scribe

Post by Crothos »

LOL. It was not an easy decision to swap over to Razor after using UOSteam. They both have their PRO's and CON's. Once I get the icon organizer script going, I should be much happier :)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Uos spell organizor is called spell grid. Arrange spells in order u want then use sliders to put the bar where u want it on screen. Click lock to make icons stay in that order. Right clicking wont close the icon n they r single click to cast
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you