Radio?

Related to the radio station.
paulus
Elder Scribe

Radio?

Post by paulus »

Anyone still interested in the radio?
Once I get settled back into the community, in a few weeks I would really love to get a radio show and game contest show going again.. would be nice.. (For those who remember the old deal or no deal) and other various games I used to run.....

would be great to get some air time again soon.

Paulus
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Re: Radio?

Post by Alex »

I would be interested. Please keep me updated.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Hi, and welcome back :)

We haven't had anything going on with the radio in years. I think you'd be best served by seeing if +C replies to your thread here. If you don't get anything from him by next week, I'd shoot him an email (ca@uoex.net) and see if he's interested in letting you pick it up again.
mwade0123
Passer by

Post by mwade0123 »

that would be awesome to have a radio an the shard.. pandora and iheart make me lag.....
Gimme
Passer by

Post by Gimme »

Is this going to be playing via the game client? and if so, will there be an option to disable it if we do not wish to listen or because it is causing issues with the client? Personally I have either netflix, NPR or listening to my own mp3's while playing. I'd be more interested in a radio show that provides game info, content, howto, Upcoming events etc. That'd be a great deal more appealing to me.
It's not that I'm a Type‑B personality. It's that I'm driven by a passionate, all-consuming desire to take it easy.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Gimme wrote:Is this going to be playing via the game client? and if so, will there be an option to disable it if we do not wish to listen or because it is causing issues with the client? Personally I have either netflix, NPR or listening to my own mp3's while playing. I'd be more interested in a radio show that provides game info, content, howto, Upcoming events etc. That'd be a great deal more appealing to me.
It would be an actual internet radio station. You would connect with your browser and listen to live (or repeated) shows. There will be giveaways of in game items etc. It should be going live in the near future.
paulus
Elder Scribe

Post by paulus »

What Req said.

you will need to go to a link to listen to it.
but during live shows you will be able to win prizes :D (most shows)
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Post by moonsongtx »

Will there be possibility of buying airtime (as in commercials) for in game events? Such as what one would put on a town crier but over the radio instead? :D
paulus
Elder Scribe

Post by paulus »

moonsongtx wrote:Will there be possibility of buying airtime (as in commercials) for in game events? Such as what one would put on a town crier but over the radio instead? :D
There will be.
Not sure on a model yet and how it will work. (AS the station won't be 24x7 at launch) .. but will have something in place when we go 24x7 for people to be able to have ads playing (as its a radio requirement)