Radio Giveaway Ideas

Related to the radio station.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Radio Giveaway Ideas

Post by +Requiem »

Hello all,

I would like to do some more giveaways on our radio shows. Things can include ED, Tokens, Gold, small items, renamed unique items, etc depending on the game.

Do you have some ideas our awesome DJs could use to do a giveaway?

the Xth to pm me the right answer wins:
the 1st in world chat to say what song is playing right now wins:
hide and seek:
pm me for a chance to enter - random drawing wins
collect a series of keywords over the course of a show, or several shows and repeat it for a chance to win....

Can you think of a good way to do this with a pre-recorded show, so we can have winners even in the off hours?
I'd like to get a more steady broadcast schedule, and I'm planning on uploading a bunch more songs over the next month or so as I have time to tag them properly, and lyric check them.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Re: Radio Giveaway Ideas

Post by lestatzero »

+Requiem wrote:Hello all,

I would like to do some more giveaways on our radio shows. Things can include ED, Tokens, Gold, small items, renamed unique items, etc depending on the game.

Do you have some ideas our awesome DJs could use to do a giveaway?

the Xth to pm me the right answer wins:
the 1st in world chat to say what song is playing right now wins:
hide and seek:
pm me for a chance to enter - random drawing wins
collect a series of keywords over the course of a show, or several shows and repeat it for a chance to win....

Can you think of a good way to do this with a pre-recorded show, so we can have winners even in the off hours?
I'd like to get a more steady broadcast schedule, and I'm planning on uploading a bunch more songs over the next month or so as I have time to tag them properly, and lyric check them.

On the pre recorded show side of things A auto responder can be set up using easyuo to reply to pm's and or world chat answers easy enough... and can be run by one of the dj's... I would be happy to work something up for that...

Somehting similar can be done for the enter to win type but would be harder to read the pm's without parcing the websites portal for that persons account but could be done ... but otherwise just a standard system to catch what people say in world chat can work just fine or in person ...

I know that's dooable as it was done for my scavenger hunt events .. I had a auto register script running that recorded peoples names to pre register and then also had other scripts that did actions based on keywords and such ... So if this is a script base your interested in looking at to see if it will do what you need Come find me and we can chat. I will be happy to share the scritps with you +R

he as a staff member +R you could even set up a npc for specific responders and hand out or deliver prizes based on the response ...

Granted it would take set up each time you want to run it to make sure the correct keywords are entered and such ... ...

Other option would be a simple website / database to supply info then you can just save all the correct responses in a table and automate it that way.

Other ideas would require some +C scripting Like an update to the Address book so that the dj's can send prizes right to peoples bank boxes or a ingame sub feature ... but agian that would require +C...

Just some suggestions