Request: Relayer article cleanup

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Tacityl
Master Scribe

Request: Relayer article cleanup

Post by Tacityl »

There's currently a lot of contradictory information on the Relayer guide. Some examples:

- In the main list in the Relayer properties section, Swing Speed Increase is mentioned. A little lower down, the advice is not to add SSI.

- Resists are mentioned in Relayer properties, then it's mentioned they aren't needed (but look nice)

- char stats/regens/rpd/spdmg are mentioned as essential, yet are not mentioned in the main list

- The article mentions you can cap LMC (I assume Lower Mana Cost?) on your first relayer. However, if you look at Stat caps, it wouldn't be possible to cap that stat in a single relayer: 40% total cap, with a 10% per weapon deed cap. Perhaps the Stat Caps page is old, as the title seems to indicate?

It would be a great help if this page could get cleaned up. I'm planning my first relayer, and it's hard to parse out exactly what the article is recommending.
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins ..." ~Sir Neil
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Re: Request: Relayer article cleanup

Post by anarchy »

re layers are hard to explain properly.

resist: great if you only have 6 re layers after that you want the lowest resist possible to inflict more damage via RPD. because you have over 6 re layers you should have over 350 hps which will protect you from the hard hitters. when umbris was open i was taking from the elite's about 150-175 hps and 500 hps from the assassins. so at first you will want maxed resist, but you might regret it later.

SSI: imo (and trust me everyone has their own opinions) is useless. when you get about 250-300 stamina it really defeats the purpose as your hitting around 1.25 anyways until you reach about 200 stamina. in which case divine fury will restore all stamina.

you can not cap LMC on your first relayer BUT if you have 3 or more goc's you'll have it capped. i think. it's been a long time on that.

regens see picture below and memorize it

notice where the caps are. this test was done from +Veritas (thank you +V)

any other questions pm...erm... dramoor hahahahaha :P or you can pm me if ya have more questions.

also get a stat compiler like nabor stats but i've heard that nabor stats is a little erm.. wrong but dunno. never failed me. good luck.
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

The stats thing has flaws as it will only add up what it can see, meaning a shirt hidden under armor and robe, will not be seen. Also. Lets start getting things straight

If you are a person who wants to do a lot of hunting. And Maybe not get relayers 1 after another like some of the rest of us.
SSI has use for you.
If you plan on getting 5 or so relayers really fast to get you over full swing on a yumi (If you plan on using a yumi). You would have to be at 240 dex, I think its actually like 237 or something, For full swing speed on a yumi.

So if in the near Future you do not see yourself having the given dex and quite a bit of stamina, SSI might be a good Idea.

But do not forget even SSI Depletes when losing stamina during battle. It is basically Making up for lack of dex on swings. That is all.
Tacityl
Master Scribe

Post by Tacityl »

Dramoor wrote:...So if in the near Future you do not see yourself having the given dex and quite a bit of stamina, SSI might be a good Idea.

But do not forget even SSI Depletes when losing stamina during battle. It is basically Making up for lack of dex on swings. That is all.
This is a great example of the neutral point of view. Regardless of each player's opinion on various stats, I think it's the purpose of something like a wiki to document the pros and cons of each stat.

Said another way: A players makes various assumptions about playstyle, combat, etc that leads to the decision of which stats to put into a relayer. Document those assumptions, e.g. 'SSI is good if you xyz'. Do not document opinions, e.g. 'SSI is worthless/awesome'.

I'd love to see this kind of thing inserted into the Relayer article :)
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins ..." ~Sir Neil