Request: Character Title

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Request: Character Title

Post by JimTheDM »

I found this info about how titles are created in UO and thought that this would be a good addition to the Wiki:

When a character has one skill over 30 the character is assigned a professional title that indicates their primary skill. This title is not shown to other players until you reach a higher level of fame, but there is a sense of satisfaction when one achieves the title they have been looking for. There is also certain amount of pride that goes along with saying “I’m a merchant” and having the professional title to prove it. The skill that is displayed in your paperdoll is, by default, the highest skill that you have that is marked up (to raise the skill).
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Re: Request: Character Title

Post by Rossi »

I believe its already in there if your referring to the Skill title like Grandmaster healer/Alchemist/Warrior those are already in the came and become visible to all players once you hit Lord in fame
Commander And Chief Of BRO (ENGLISH) and Mayor Of The BRO City Aurei Urbem

Here for all your bio Engineering Needs Pm Rossi In Game for Sales and Questions
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Post by JimTheDM »

No this is in reference to which one shows in the title. I have checked the wiki and have not found it anywhere as to what controls the one that is seen and this addresses that.
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Post by Rossi »

Well here on Excelsior you can have a custom title put in like mine says "The Bio Engineer" it cost 500,000 gold and a Gm can put in any title you want as long as it doesn't break any rules of the codex

Here for all your bio Engineering Needs Pm Rossi In Game for Sales and Questions
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Rossi - he's just asking for a list of which skill gives what title. Snooping around the 'net I found the results below. Please correct as appropriate.

Archery - Archer
Anatomy - Healer
Fencing - Fencer
Healing - Healer
Mace Fighting - Armsman
Parrying - Warrior
Resist Spells - Mage
Swordsmanship - Swordsman
Tactics - Warrior
Inscription - Scribe
Evaluate Intelligence - Scholar
Magery - Mage
Meditation - Stoic
Wrestling - Wrestler
Alchemy - Alchemist
Arms Lore - Warrior
Blacksmithing - Smith
Bowcraft/Fletching - Bowyer
Carpentry - Carpenter
Fishing - Fisherman
Item ID - Merchant
Lumberjacking - Lumberjack
Mining - Miner
Tailoring - Tailor
Tinkering - Tinker
Animal Lore - Ranger
Animal Taming - Tamer
Cartography - Cartographer
Detecting Hidden - Scout
Hiding - Rogue
Lockpicking - Rogue
Musicianship - Bard
Peacemaking - Bard
Provocation - Bard
Snnooping - Pickpocket
Stealing - Pickpocket
Stealth - Rogue
Begging - Beggar
Camping - Ranger
Cooking - Chef
Forensic Evaluation - Detective
Herding - Shepherd
Remove Trap - Rogue
Spirit Speak - Medium
Taste ID - Chef
Tracking - Ranger
Veterinary - Healer
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Post by Rossi »

Lol yeah just caught that maybe i shouldn't post when im tired and haven't slept

JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Post by JimTheDM »

That is a good add on Ilsanor. My main reason for posting was because I did not know what was causing my title to change and it is due to the skill that is the highest and it is set to raise that controls that in the title.
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Well, you got your answer and more. :) I heard people asking a couple of times for such a list so I'm sure it'll come in handy.
Quinton
Master Scribe

Post by Quinton »

As a wiki editor, it can be taxing to add information that is the same as what is on many other uo wikis/guides/etc. That being said, there's also a chance those sites just might go dead, but uoguide and many other uo informational sites are still going strong after many many years. Their information isn't always the same as what is on our shard, and that's where our wiki comes in.

What could be added to our wiki is how the title information works on our custom shard (if it differs), then link to another external uo guide/wiki page that maps the skills to their professional titles that show up on your paperdoll.

A good example of external linking is on the http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Relayer page. There are currently external links to uoguide for each item slot, each lists all the item types for that slot.
----
If anyone finds information that is missing, you can always add it yourself. You can log in to the wiki with the same credentials as the forums if you want to edit the wiki. If you aren't familiar with editing, formatting, and mediawiki tags. You can read up on it here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki.

You can also view the page source of any particular wiki page, to see how it was formatted.
----
As for adding character titles, as I'm not sure how it differs from OSI, but the page to add this to would probably be:
http://uoex.net/wiki/Character_titles
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Well, the site I found it had the titles separately - each under its own skill, so it'd be tedious to link each entry separately. UOGuide had no information on skill titles altogether (which I found strange). I confess I didn't search very thoroughly, but I did not find a ready-made table for the titles that would be linkable. Hence I posted the list, hoping that someone will either convert it to a wiki standard or use as it is. It was by no means to duplicate something available elsewhere.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

i want Legendary Camper. grrr
Shotta
Legendary Scribe

Post by Shotta »

anarchy wrote:i want Legendary Camper. grrr
I dig this idea ... why not make 130 camping available on this shard??
It can't possibly make gameplay easier in any way :P
Jecks
Elder Scribe

Post by Jecks »

Shotta wrote:
Sounds a little OP imo.
Larsa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Larsa »

Shotta wrote:
.... or you can pay for a custom title :nod:
Now offering free tours to Sgail and Umbris camp, bring your own weapons as safety is not guaranteed.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

@ larsa :P ppplbs i want free stuff. hhahahahahah