Request: UOAM Support!

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Request: UOAM Support!

Post by Orbit Storm »

Okay, so clearly the owner of UOAM has decided to let the program go. Well, it's stated so on his site anyway. :mrgreen:

Should you, upon installing, encounter an error informing you that not all of UOAM was installed, then follow these directions to fix the issue!

1) If you still have UOAM installed, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Find UOAM and REMOVE it.

2) If you still have the install file handy, use it and reinstall. If not, <a href="http://uoam.net/uoam.html#downloads">click here</a>, and re-download the file and reinstall it.

3) Upon completion of the installation, it will provide a gump asking you if you wish to run UOAM at least once in order to buffer the maps, etc. CLICK CANCEL!!!

4) Once you click cancel, download (if you have not done so already), the UOAM.zip file. You can download that <a href="http://uoam.net/files.html">here</a>.

5) Meantime, go to the directory in which you installed UOAM. Delete EVERYTHING!

6) Once the .zip is downloaded, extract it into the same directory. In the event it asks you to replace already existing files, do not panic, just click "Yes To All". Whenever you delete one of the .map files, it immediately converts itself into a .bak (a backup version of the .map)

7) Once the .zip is extracted, open UOAM, let it run its "update" (despite the update server being no longer available), then click Continue and get right into UOAM.

=========================

In the event, after installation and opening of UOAM, you only see a black screen and are not able to see the map itself, please follow these instructions:

1) Click on the "Map" tab at the top of the screen, and click on "UO Client Data Files Location", this will pop open a gump.

2) Once the gump opens, immediately check and see what directory UOAM is currently using. MOST times it's incorrect. If it's anything other than your Excelsior directory, or UO directory (if you have the OSI version installed), then you've most likely found you're problem.

3) At this point, you need to open up your UO Excelsior file directory, most commonly installed as: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard, and copy and paste that link into the UO Client Folder box on that gump in UOAM.

4) You will see a check box at the top of the gump asking if you want to: Have UOAM locate client date files for you". Make sure that you UNCHECK this box. Click okay and you should be all set. :dance

****I'll continue to update this post with more solutions to UOAM as they come along. Thanks to everyone who has made an effort to help with this thread!

~Orbit
Last edited by Orbit Storm on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nyght
Passer by

Re: Request: UOAM Support!

Post by Nyght »

Well thanks for the try but after following your directions step by step I still have a black screen that does not show any land masses, just all the labels on them :(
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Nyght wrote:..I still have a black screen that does not show any land masses, just all the labels on them :(
This is usually caused by a missing Registry file that tells UOAM where the UO folder is located. To fix it, click on Map -> UO client data files location... and then Copy/Paste the path to your UO folder (where client.exe is at).

An alternative way would be to look in the RAZOR HOWTO directory of your UO folder and follow the directions in there to insert the registry file yourself.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Btw i have a problem too, lol. Seems that the map doesn't track my position unless if I'm using Razor. Is this the only way it's supported, or is there a way to make it work without razor?
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Nyght
Passer by

Post by Nyght »

Thank you Blaze!! I finally have land masses again, hehe. :D
Kaiana
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaiana »

+Colibri wrote:Btw i have a problem too, lol. Seems that the map doesn't track my position unless if I'm using Razor. Is this the only way it's supported, or is there a way to make it work without razor?
As far as I know you must have Razor running to have it work. If someone could find the specific code that allows for the positional tracking in the UOAM and Razor code, they could probably mod it, but I don't know if UOAM's code is even available...or Razor's for that matter.... ;)
♥Kaiana♥ - Administrator of the Heart

Yay for scripting and programming! :)
public bool EasyUOMastery = true;
private double CSharpSkillz = 30.0; //and rising!
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

+Colibri wrote:Btw i have a problem too, lol. Seems that the map doesn't track my position unless if I'm using Razor. Is this the only way it's supported, or is there a way to make it work without razor?

Razor is apparently the only thing that seems to help track your position on UOAM. That could be due in part to Razor providing its own GPS system.

===
I've edited my original post above to include tips for fixing the "Black Screen". Any further issues that require support and are able to remedied, will have support details added to my original post.

As I said above, thanks to everyone who lent a helping hand in this thread! :D
Tahris Nayloc
Master Scribe

Post by Tahris Nayloc »

I seem to have an issue with it linking to Razor. Anyone know how to fix that? In other words, it won't track me.
NeoNightmare
Expert Scribe

Post by NeoNightmare »

just give you guys a head up that a while ago i posted a working uoam that did not razor... unfortunately since then i have formatted my computer and lost it..