Virtue of Sacrifice

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Virtue of Sacrifice

Post by BlaZe »

In response to the mass amounts of "omg weren't you Overlord yesterday??" from people:

Of the eight Virtues of the Avatar, only two are active, Sacrifice and Compassion. To view your dedication to these virtues, click on the symbol above your character's head on the paperdoll, as seen below.
virtues1.JPG
virtues1.JPG (4.76 KiB) Viewed 4018 times
Each virtue has three paths (Seeker, Follower, Knight) and the benefits of that Virtue increase with each path. For example, being a Seeker of Compassion will allow players you resurrect to have 20% of their hit points recovered. This increases to 40% as a Follower and 80% as a Knight (of course, resurrecting with Restoration fills it completely). Being devout in Sacrifice will allow you to self-resurrect once, twice and three times per week (once per path), bringing everything currently on your body to your backpack.

To gain in Sacrifice you must give up your fame to 'save' an evil creature (I prefer Liches). To do this, double-click the teardrop that represents Sacrifice (while alive) and target an evil monster. They will disappear after 'repenting' and your fame will be reset to zero. The higher your fame is, the more you will gain in Sacrifice.
virtues2.JPG
virtues2.JPG (21.49 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
virtues3.JPG
virtues3.JPG (14.34 KiB) Viewed 4008 times
Once you have achieved a path in Sacrifice, you can self-rez by double-clicking the teardrop while a ghost. VERY handy when you're in those "How the hell am I gonna pull through this one?" situations. :P
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
fuschy
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Virtue of Sacrifice

Post by fuschy »

thanks for sharing that info...... I did not know about the sacrifice virtue and how it worked. Seems pretty awesome!
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Post by Sorgon »

Thanks for posting this. Being a UO vet since day one (actually beta) I took these for granted. Its good to have people post some of the stuff that people may not know or in my case just forget to tell others.... Good job!
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Just finished putting this into the Wiki, requesting topic to be deleted. :)
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR