A players Did you know.

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Kile Morgan
Elder Scribe

A players Did you know.

Post by Kile Morgan »

Yet again today or for some yesterday I had to ask fellow players about something I couldn't find in the forums about the custom content. It was how to remove some steps I made on my old house with the yard wand. The answer in the forum was to double click on it (which instead turns it). The first answer I got in-game was to page a gm. The second I got later that day from Colibri was to single click on it. That worked. Now I'm not posting this because I wanted to complain about not finding this little thing in the forums under yard wand, or somehow annoyed at the player who suggested I page a gm (which I feel my problem wasn't in the same ball park as most pages and so likely a waste of their time). First now when someone else searches for the answer (unless they think of single clicking) they will run across this post and second perhaps there are other things that are out of date or changed that other players know and aren't yet in the forums. Or even posting about how the corpse stone will only bring to you the last corpse you dropped (ok I haven't searched that one but considering how many times lately someone just found that out why not). Just was thinking we could put in some of these things we know that aren't common knowledge etc. Things that could be helpful to know before starting in this game or things someone who never played UO before might not know.

Bod = Bulk order deed. Two types of deeds are small and large. To fill a large you have to first fill small ones and then put those into the large.
ED= Excelsior Dollars. These you get from donating or sometimes events.
Yard Wand: Stand one space from where you want to place the item from it. To rotate items double click the item after you place it, and to remove the item single click on it. Also unlike the customize house the money will go on your character and not into the bank.
If you want to get your body back using the stone, remember that only the last body will be brought to you.
Tokens can be traded at the token stone which for now is located in Trinsic.
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Re: A players Did you know.

Post by Sorgon »

Well as for a yard wand. I have never used one yet so I am not teh one to write that page.

The rest or your requests are all on the wiki already. I will scan over them make sure they are all up to date.
The ED part I know is on the donation page so I never wrote that one up in the wiki.
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
Llexa
Legendary Scribe

Post by Llexa »

Exhibit A:

I myself found out about the yard wand removal of items on another shard i used to be on, and found out about it completely by accident. I saw that when you single click a players yard item it says "<name>'s yard" so I wanted to do that with my items and see if it said the same if the owner clicks it. Tada!

Anyway, you do delete items by either a double click or single click depending on if the item is turnable. So I guess I'll do a wiki for it when i have time, but really, it seems like something you can just find out about very easily even by accident *points to Exhibit A*

love,
Llexa
"We push and we push away,
For fear of facing our mistakes.
So we call it judgment,
And watch our friends, our world, ourselves... go comatose, inside."
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Post by Sorgon »

Added a line to the BOD page. Vendor stone page was fine.
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
+Neptune
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by +Neptune »

well, I have personally tried to explain to players when they ask me a question that I either personally do not know the answer to or it is a question that we as staff are not allowed to answer (i.e. specific spawn locations etc.) to post said question on the forums.
Mainly for two reasons:

1) if it is a question that only an Admin could answer/fix then you have a better chance of getting their attention faster due to the fact that even though they may not be "In Game" all the time , they do check the forums very, very often.

2)if you have the question, I can promise you that you were probably not the first nor last to have said question and the others may have been to "shy" or "scared" to ask said question and are still wanting to know the answer. If you post the question on the forums those people and everyone that comes after them who wish to know will be able to gain from your effort and may learn something new about this wonderful game and add to their enjoyment.

So Friends... please use this forum often and get the absolute most out of it.. It is here to benefit you and all players and without positive input and "ANY AND ALL" questions you may have.. it will never fulfill it's true intent... To aid you and increase your enjoyment of the game.

So remember.. if you have a question and you can't get the answer in world chat and it is not absolutely critical you know the answer right that second, take a min and post it here in the forums... let everyone benefit from that tidbit of knowledge...

This speech was brought to you by the letter D and the number 5
hehehe ... all you old folks will get that joke
+Neptune
Kile Morgan
Elder Scribe

Post by Kile Morgan »

I was actually trying to see if the players would post some of the info they have run into that commonly newer players ask that is either out of date or isn't in the forums. Granted that yes many times what is asked are things that are on the wiki or in the codex and someone just didn't look for it first.

Here's something else for example. As I understand it in the standard UO you can find and pick wheat but in this shard you can only plant it yourself and pick that wheat. If so I have no idea where you can find wheat seeds. Do you use any seed?
Sextant, in the standard you are supposed to be able to buy it from a tinkerer, here either you can't or you need a skill at a certain level.

With what I put down on ED and BOD for example. There are terms or abbreviations that are used in chat that people new to the shard or to UO might not understand. Took someone asking me if I had a bod for me to put two and two together. In this forum the search is not going to turn up an answer though a simple google of "ultima online bod" will make it clear real quick.
kennyblankenship
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kennyblankenship »

You buy seeds at a farmer, and the reason you can't pick any of the crops already down is that they belong to someone else! lol No one but the one who plants can pick the crops, tho honestly i wouldn't mind :D