Request: Address book

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

+Colibri
Administrator

Request: Address book

Post by +Colibri »

Quick info:
an address book allows you to store your friends' "addresses", to obtain an address you need to click on another player, where they will be prompted if they allow you to add them.

to send a package, you click the gem next to a player's name, and target the item to send. then you post that sealed package into a post box (one currently at brit bank).

you need to recharge the book with scrolls and sealing wax (currently found on the gold vendor stone)

different level of inscription gives different number of entries that can be stored

Future ideas: (this is just forum fyi, do not write it on the wiki)
- going to replace that sealing wax and make it just regular wax (quite common)
- going to make "address cards" so that you can lock one down at your house or infront of your vendor, by targeting that card you will be able to add a person even if they are offline.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Aksala
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Request: Address book

Post by Aksala »

Thanks for the update - This is great :)))
Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Post by Sorgon »

If no one does this page I will get to it. I havent worked inscription as of yet so dont know truly how this works first hand. And without first hand knowlage I would rather wait.
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
+Tyrik
Apprentice Scribe

Post by +Tyrik »

Sorgon wrote:If no one does this page I will get to it. I havent worked inscription as of yet so dont know truly how this works first hand. And without first hand knowlage I would rather wait.
I had to test this out a bit and I'll be working on the page soon

I got most of the information I need