Suggestions

After some posted content has been published on the Wiki, the Scribe needs to move it to this forum

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Sorgon
Legendary Scribe

Suggestions

Post by Sorgon »

Anyone have any suggestions for pages that need to be created? I usually have enough free time on my breaks at work to write up one here and there.
If it is worth doing at all, it is worth doing well.
+Tyrik
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Suggestions

Post by +Tyrik »

+Aphrodite
Master Scribe

Post by +Aphrodite »

A few new pages have been added to the Wiki in the past week and it has been cleaned up to help make navigation easier. Does anyone have any new suggestions on what should be added?
°ºWiki Coordinatorº°

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
Galand
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Galand »

I realize that most of this information is available on Stratics, but perhaps it would be good to have something about runebooks/the runebook dye tub and/or the other veteran rewards, if they are available? If not, just putting an explanation on the FAQ might be nice.

Just some thoughts,
Galand
Kaervas
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaervas »

Actually, I think the veteran rewards here -would- need their own article. My initial assumption was that the rewards were meted out by month rather than year but otherwise followed the same scheme as OSI (year 1 rewards corresponding to 1 month account age here, year 2 to month 2, and so on). Either the gump is buggy or this is not the case as I do not seem to be able to pick all the rewards that I would be able to on OSI.

My account hit 2 months not long ago but there are some rewards missing compared to the OSI version listed on Stratics.

I would like to know if it is intended that the Flaming Head deed and Minotaur Statues are not available at the 2nd month, and also would like to know when the ethereal mounts are available (someone yesterday was saying they'd hit 90 days, which corresponds with the 3rd year on OSI where ethereals are first granted, but was not able to choose any), and so on and so forth.

Edit:
Oh, something else that the Wiki seems to be lacking now that it could do with is an entry on the Main Page leading to a page explaining the Excelsior Exchange in detail. If there is already one, I apologize, but browsing through all the links under "All pages" did not show any such page.
(I know how to use it, but an article would be handy for the new players because I am certain many players don't know it even exists, let alone how it functions)
+Aphrodite
Master Scribe

Post by +Aphrodite »

An ExEx tutorial would be a great idea, I will try to get started on that within the next couple of days unless there is another wiki scribe that wants to do it.

As for the vet rewards, we can make a page to list what age players can use the different dye tubs and ethys. Unfortunately my memory is a bit fuzzy, I can't remember exactly which months they're available, so if anyone can remember please post it here and then I can get started on that. Only +Colibri and +Rayne would know what's available every month and the way it's set up and if all the OSI rewards are available at some point or not, so that's not something I'll be able to add in.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep em coming! :D
°ºWiki Coordinatorº°

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
Kaervas
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaervas »

At month 1, I had access to white, black, special, rune book, and furniture tubs.

Month 2 unlocked access to the leather dye tub.

As for ethereals, I don't know since I'm not at the 3 month mark yet myself, so I can't confirm whether I can get and use them at that point.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

It was either 150 or 180 days when ethereal mounts were an option for me, I can't quite remember. I'll be sure to keep track of exactly what is available every 30 days now.

As for the ExEx Tutorial, I'll be glad to start working on one after I do my rounds of champs today.

Edit:
I'm pretty sure its 180 days (six months) for ethereal steeds, giving you the option of Horse, Ostard and Llama. At 210 days the Ki-Rin and Ridgeback ones are available. Don't ask me to remember what new AR gear and Statues are unlocked. :P
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
Striker
Adept Scribe

Post by Striker »

Kaervas wrote:At month 1, I had access to white, black, special, rune book, and furniture tubs.

Month 2 unlocked access to the leather dye tub.

As for ethereals, I don't know since I'm not at the 3 month mark yet myself, so I can't confirm whether I can get and use them at that point.

I got my ethy offer at 4 months
Work as if you don't need the money.
Love as if you have never been hurt.
Dance as if no one is watching.
Orbit Storm
Legendary Scribe

Post by Orbit Storm »

Any chance anyone can get a better list of the Vet items?

So far I have the following list to add in addition to the 6 month and 7 month rewards already listed on the page:

1st- White, Black, Special, Rune Book and Furniture Dye Tubs.

2nd- Leather Dye Tub

As for the 3rd and 4th months, I have two conflicting stories, indicating that the ethereals became available at the 3rd and then the 4th month. The Wiki currently has that they won't become available until the 6th and 7th month.

Any chance that any staff could offer some insight on this? I'd like to finish this Vet Reward page up as my first act as a Wiki Scribe =) Tying up loose ends I suppose.
TsiyaAma
Master Scribe

Post by TsiyaAma »

UOAM setup and synching? I've been playing for years and still have trouble with UOAM.
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

Try the beat verison of automap. It works for me the non-beta wont because it cant dl files it needs.