Bonsai Seeds

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Bonsai Seeds

Post by Viirin »

When I still played OSI, there was a Hops seed that we were able to get somehow, but I forgot what it was. Anyway, you could harvest the pollen from them and add it onto a normal plant, which would cause it to instead grow a bonsai plant! The Hops had a growth possibility too, though I don't remember the exact formulae to get the full set of bonsai, hops, and normal plants.
Could we do this? I'd love to be able to grow bright purple exceptional bonsai again.
But if I'm going really crazy, then could plant BOD rewards (since a few people told me that it's going to be a thing) maybe be sprinklers or the Hops seeds, or mutation color bonsai, or christmas tree or bramble seeds/deeds?
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Bonsai Seeds

Post by +Nyx »

Hi -
Bonsais already exist on the shard, you just don't breed them via hops.

As for the horticulture BOD system, it'll have various rewards including seeds for new types and colors of plants to grow and cross-breed. Other rewards will be planting beds that have growth bonuses, greenhouses which also have growth bonuses, tools to force cross-breeding/pollination/quicker growth/etc, sprinklers, deco, new types of trees and crops to farm in plantable soil, and tons more.
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

+Nyx wrote:As for the horticulture BOD system, it'll have various rewards including seeds for new types and colors of plants to grow and cross-breed. Other rewards will be planting beds that have growth bonuses, greenhouses which also have growth bonuses, tools to force cross-breeding/pollination/quicker growth/etc, sprinklers, deco, new types of trees and crops to farm in plantable soil, and tons more.
:woot:

/faints
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

That's pretty cool, actually.
But is there a way we can get bonsai that can be colored and produce seeds and pollen?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I really doubt that will happen, as there are already numerous plant-based changes in the works and modifying the bonsais would interfere with those plans.
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

Well, I'm interested in the plant-based things coming up already anyway!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'll keep you in mind when the time comes to beta test the new growing changes ;)
Viirin
Adept Scribe

Post by Viirin »

WOO! Thanks, Nyx!
Neve DeLeon is my guildmaster, and she can get a hold of me even if I'm not in-game. I'm letting you know just in case!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Viirin (or well anybody, actually) - what colors of the exotic bonsai were available on OSI - was it all the usual plant colors? I think right now players can only obtain the plain one via their own methods (anybody know for sure)?

Thinking I might do a little miniquest to get colored seeds for these.
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

I am not sure about the OSI colors, at all. However, it seems I remember getting bonsai seeds from killing bake kitsunas (also, I seem to recall that those plants do not make seeds when you grow them, much like the black and white mutations)....I will double check in the game. With the hundreds of plants I have grown and cross pollinated I have never produced a bonsai seed.

I regards to rewards for plant BOD's, I think a seed box that will hold bonsai seeds would be a nice addition. The current box does not hold them.

Looking forward to your Facet, +N :dance I know you have worked very hard on it, thank you.
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
Oni_Noquar
Passer by

Post by Oni_Noquar »

http://www.uoguide.com/Plants_%26_Seeds#Bonsai_Plants

These colors are the same colors i found on the Old Stratics page.
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/sk ... rs/#bonsai

But there is also a section on how to get the oddity colors.
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/sk ... -oddities/

I hope this helps for all your plant growing needs!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

k, for the ones you've looted, I'll want to know what types they are.
I *think* y'all are able to loot:

Common Green bonsai
Common Pink bonsai
Image Image

Uncommon pink bonsai
uncommon green bonsai
Image Image

the rare pink and green bonsais are available in the spring quest, because folks said they weren't able to get those any other way.
Image Image

as for exceptional bonsai and exotic bonsai, I'm not sure if those are available to you guys at all, or if they're only available in plain.
Image - exotic Image - Exceptional

Edit:
Also, this quest will be available 'now' (well, when I finish it), it's not for Elysium. Elysium will actually have its own bonsais available from new patch-graphics :)
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

I am pretty sure I have looted an exotic one before....and it seems the only colors are the green and pink. I just tried to find more, but did not. Also, the ones I had set aside now have different names: they are all just regular (and different) plants. :scared: No idea how that happened, hehehe

Great! I love plants and I love quests: the perfect storm!

thanks for all the work :nod:
Starfish & coffee, maple syrup & jam. Butterscotch clouds & a tangerine, side order of ham.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

The quest is now available. When you next visit the Brit naturalist, pay close attention to the gossip ;)

Note: you have to talk to the bonsai NPC in order to initiate the quest with him.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I've had a couple of issues with the quest dialog timing out while I read it.
I think it took me 4 times to actually get the quest, though I suspect next time will be better as I wont be trying to read the dialog.
Character name: Ebony