Slayer weapons, chests in dungeons and t-maps.

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Iltar
Elder Scribe

Slayer weapons, chests in dungeons and t-maps.

Post by Iltar »

1) Each slayer weapon type has opposing group. This makes sense on OSI where it is possible to carry another good weapon, but here it would require leveling several weapons to 100, which is too slow. It doesn't worth to spend a week levelling a weapon just to have few fights last a minute or two less. Slayer weapons would be used more if opposing group was narrowed, especially removing mobs from peerless areas from opposing group. Champ bosses could perhaps be left in opposing groups. This way having 1 leveled slayer weapon would be enough for most, and Slayer tag would really make weapon more valuable.
2) As far as I seen, chests in dungeons are either empty or only load a little bit of money, not even worth to pick and loot. Would be great if some chests in fel dungeons actually loaded notable amount of money making dungeon runs make same profit as ointment farming.
3) I guess t-maps are well balanced now concerning rewards/effort. Suggestion is to make t-maps more rare, make them to be from fel more often, and to spawn more mobs, but proportionally load more money and to have higher chance of higher level map. This would turn finding treasure map to more like "lucky event" than like "just do 10 t-maps" after few hours of hunting.
Those who never die, do not live. (in Ultima Online)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Slayer weapons, chests in dungeons and t-maps.

Post by +Requiem »

Thank you for your input. I don't think there are any plans in the works currently about slayer weapons. Perhaps at some point in the future, but this is not high on a priority list.

2) I have plans to eventually look into dungeon chests, as well as fishing chests to make them more interesting.

3) Treasure maps still aren't where I/we would like them. We have plans to update them at some point (probably after the facet needs). The gold was already significantly boosted, and I don't think there needs to be more than that, and The rarity for finding a higher level map seems about right, but maybe a slight tweak. I do want to increase both the number of monsters, and their difficulty. We will see how things go.