Guild Track for MapUO (UOSteam)

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Willy Fogg
Novice Scribe

Guild Track for MapUO (UOSteam)

Post by Willy Fogg »

So UOSteam has an option to view guild members on its map tool MapUO. It would be nice if this could be activated server side.

A quick google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=guild+track+uosteam

Shows that this feature was implemented on UOGamers last year and players can opt in or out using [guildtrack

There is even a posted script for Sphere but did not find anything on RunUO. Maybe did not look deep enough..
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Guild Track for MapUO (UOSteam)

Post by dreamstalker »

Prolly not since they already have server for uo auto map....I can only get the steam map
To work intermittently. But if they do start a server for it I'll prolly use it instead of auto map
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Willy Fogg
Novice Scribe

Post by Willy Fogg »

dreamstalker wrote:Prolly not since they already have server for uo auto map....I can only get the steam map
To work intermittently. But if they do start a server for it I'll prolly use it instead of auto map
There is no reason why they shouldn't be supported simultaneously. It has been done on other servers so now we just need the code.

Also, about MapUO not working it works everywhere but Trammel bc of the way UOEX files are patched. To fix do this:

Open up the folder where you installed the patched Ultima Online Client
Copy map0.mul to map1.mul (copy & paste map0.mul, then rename to map1.mul)
Copy staidx0.mul to staidx1.mul
Copy statics0.mul to statics1.mul
Close Ultima Online
Close UOSteam
Open UOSteam and connect to Excelsior as usual
Click the MapUO button on UOSteam while in Trammel and now you have maps!!

(Credit for the fix goes to a user in this forum, forgot his name)
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Cool will try it tonite. Tyvm for the info. Like I said I'd be glad to use it if they would start the server up.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Willy Fogg
Novice Scribe

Post by Willy Fogg »

Ok, so I posted on RunUO forums and someone shared their shards implementation of this:

https://github.com/JustUO/JustUO/blob/8 ... m/MapUO.cs

So perhaps a good starting point..