Discordance suggestion

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Dementika
Journeyman Scribe

Discordance suggestion

Post by Dementika »

I believe changing the formula so that the monster hp won't affect the chance of discording a target would be beneficial. As it stand, you can only discord a target under 3000 hit points or so with 120 music/disco, which is often the last 5-6 second the monster is alive. Since alot of monster are immune to bard already, this make this skill often unused as it simply doesnt work on a monster with 50,000 or 80,000 hit points until they are under 3000 hit points.

It's perfectly fine to have higher barding difficulty on harder monsters, to have 50, 20, 10 or even 1% chance of discording a target, but as it stand until under a set ammount of hit points its impossible to discord.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Discordance suggestion

Post by Yoda »

imo discordance works fine. and the skill is widely used across the shard by most vetern and midrange players who have it trained..
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
azrok
Novice Scribe

Post by azrok »

Unless the mob is completely imune to barding, it should never be harder than 160 anyway.
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

I agree with Yoda. There are many creatures on which the Discordance works wonders. Rotting Corpses, dragons, balrons and ancient wyrms come to my mind first and the skill truly makes killing them a lot faster and easier.

The creatures with such a high hp are bosses and in my opinion, should be immune to Discordance in the first place. However, I don't see any reasons to change their scripts before more important coding has been done and there's time for fixing a minor flaw like this, assuming it'd even be considered worth changing by +Colibri. Boss and bosslike creatures should be hard to kill and by adding one more way to make those battles easier and faster, would only bring the creatures closer to the regular ones. This would mean that the bosses and the like should be made tougher/harder by further changing them and forcing the majority of players into using that particular skill when fighting those creatures.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

I actually agree with the OP for the most part. Discord is awesome, but it's also very easy to train up and get to work with little resource costs, so it might be a bit overpowered if every creature that can be discorded could be affected immediately. I would say make it more like under 50% or 30% of HPs so you still get those tougher boss fights for a while. It doesn't make a lot sense that the last 5 hits on something like Netopir are in discord. It literally saves me a few seconds to discord him at most. As the OP stated, it would make more sense to have him or other higher tiered mobs not be affected by discord (which is fine too). Another thought would be to base it off of discord bonus type items. Maybe at 120 you can only discord at 5% HPs, 130 is 15%, something like that. Would open up more gear options to for the new facets as well (more DPS type items).
Harbertown
Adept Scribe

Post by Harbertown »

I honestly don't think discord is overpowered now. All the stuff I can kill with discord I can kill without but slower. I honestly didn't know it was based on health so I just stopped trying to discord paragons. I just kill them without it and by the time they get down to the health you could discord them who cares by then lol.

I would wish that perhaps some mobs over a certain health get a lesser discord and not a full discord. That way you would at least get more use out of the skill. It also doesn't make sense to me that discord isn't or can't somehow be AoE. You are playing an instrument that can be heard by many close to you so it should have some option for it to effect more than one mob at a time even if it was a lesser effect.

I really wish they would add bard masteries. I read about those on the real uo site and they seem very cool. I also wish they would perhaps let us raise our bard skills to 130.