Vet Rewards

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Jax2
Grandmaster Scribe

Vet Rewards

Post by Jax2 »

I don't know about the rest of the "vets" on this shard, but i have 44 reward choices I can use, and not a single thing I really need, or could use is on the menu. It's been ages since I've gotten my mounts, a few dye tubs ...etc. Would it be possible to get some new, useful items put on the rewards menu? Statues really aren't all that much fun tbh, and once you have one, well, don't really need more.

Just a thought, but I've heard a lot of other people say the same thing in chat, so I figured I'd throw it out there. Even if it's a one time thing, something(s) useful would be nice.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Vet Rewards

Post by dreamstalker »

44 choices? Dang youngin....last i checked i have bout 150 lol. Fully agree though. Really no use for them.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

I believe the staff are planning on adding more, i would personally love to see some new mounts and perhaps a one time only bound bless deed/luck deed/etc
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

I always thought it would be a good idea to develop a grocery list of rewards in the following manner:
Super Awesome Vet Reward = 200 regular vet rewards
Very Awesome Vet Reward = 175 regular vet rewards
Awesome Vet Reward = 150 regular vet rewards
etc..

The longer you play, the more rewards you earn, so if you plan on staying, you have something to shoot for and it will also provide a certain visual that you are indeed a true Vet of this shard.

If you make all vet rewards account bound, then you can also trade in rewards previously accepted to help in claiming the next higher level of reward.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I personally thought of a different idea something along the same lines but not quite.

A change to the vet reward system in that each month you automatically get a token and then just make a vendor / vendor stone that accepts only those tokens to pick up prizes.... then the staff can change things around all they want making better rewards with prices 5 - 10 - 20 etc tokens to get ...

Make the tokens account bound or don't and leave them for free trade ... in the end it gets rid of the need to program a whole new vet reward system ... and allows for customizable and changeable gifts rather easy.

-Lestat
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I like the stone idea, I have a list of numerous vet rewards to be put into the system but +C's always so busy with more important things that they haven't gotten added. If there was a stone instead, then I could make these updates as soon as +C approved them.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

lestatzero wrote:A change to the vet reward system in that each month you automatically get a token
If something like this would come, i hope veterans got the tokens from the months before this system was in place.
+Nyx wrote:I like the stone idea, I have a list of numerous vet rewards to be put into the system but +C's always so busy with more important things that they haven't gotten added. If there was a stone instead, then I could make these updates as soon as +C approved them.
sphynx ethy mount :lool:
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:I like the stone idea, I have a list of numerous vet rewards to be put into the system but +C's always so busy with more important things that they haven't gotten added. If there was a stone instead, then I could make these updates as soon as +C approved them.
This, this, so much this. We've had great content added specific and restricted to newer players and many things that were geared toward everyone, I'd love to see the vets get some love.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Yea use of the "Vendor stone" system is much more fluid than use of the vet reward system. That system can be bypassed once everyones current available uses remaining were stored somewhere else like as a tag. Then the whole thing can be checked at login and issue tokens based on that number etc.... then you can just load / change items available on a stone whenever you wish rather than needing to make code changes to add or subtract items from the current vet reward system.

A quick alternative is to remove all current items and put the token as the only thing you can get from the vet reward system and then continue as above for spending them.

The only thing you wld really have to decide on is if you want the tokens account bound or not.

Glad you liked the idea though...

Lestat
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Glad this issue has been brought back, been a year since the last time this was discussed (might be a thing in Jan I guess).
Just wanted to suggest that some Items remain blocked to veteran years ex. charger or the polar bear since loyalty years should be something that distinguishes the players (and doesn't make them stronger) although new items unlocked through years of account could be added since people are getting really account old (just realized Cygnus is going to make 10 years) :P

Anyways just wanted to thank the staff for not forgetting this issue :wink:
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Just the fact we are talking about this, rewarding players for years of loyalty, is a testament to the strength of this shard and the loyalty and efforts of the staff. Each and everyone of them have spent countless hours of their time to make this shard an enjoyable place to log in year after year for players like me. :dance Rock on Excelsior!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I talked with +C about this today. Over the next week I will be working on drawing up a list of new vet rewards, all the way up to the 15 year mark. I don't think we will be going with the vendor stone idea, but I think +C's idea will work out better in the end. I can't promise that he'll code these additions fast - there are a lot more pressing things to be working on - but he did think it would be relatively simple to update and I'm hopeful we can see some updates to the vet reward system in the near-ish future.

P.S. Please don't take this to mean "spam this thread with suggestions for vet rewards". I've got a pretty good list already and if I end up needing more ideas I'll let y'all know via a poll stone/thread. :)
patrix
Elder Scribe

Post by patrix »

++Nyx :nod:
Michiko in game

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle..
Irina Dunn