Rewarding Honest Players

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
midge
Passer by

Rewarding Honest Players

Post by midge »

After the recent server maintenance, and couple reboots one player (sorry i do not remember your name) mentioned over chat that is character was now far too old and had thousands of rewards he could claim from the rewards gump. He was talking to a God over chat. I was 13th person to log in and the player i forgot the name off mentioned this seconds after i logged in.

They could have kept quite until someone else noticed but reported over chat to the gods and did not keep quite and claim as many rewards as he could until the gods noticed or it was reported!

Honesty like this should be rewarded. Maybe just a piece of unique deco, a scroll labeled "thanks from the gods" and for reporting a very serious abuse maybe something like one item blessed for free by the gods.

Maybe the same for bugs found in game or on test server (i assume you have one), a scroll or shrunken solen ant labeled " "insert players name" found a bug!"

This would only apply to the first player to report and if its not already known.

(I am new here so if this has been suggested before or if it is already in place ignore all i just wrote :) )

Midge
Last edited by midge on Tue May 10, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Rewarding Honest Players

Post by +Nyx »

It is already in place for most of the types of situations you mentioned. :)
midge
Passer by

Post by midge »

ok ignore all that then :)
Bulsie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Bulsie »

belive that was Barreytor
barreytor
Novice Scribe

Post by barreytor »

Karma already rewarded me with happening to find and tame (and use a pet bonding deed) with a stray ridable pack llama, and a pretty cheap yet awesome alligator that eats dragons for breakfast.

To be honest, the rewards didn't really appeal much to me, and I'd rather find an easy lazy way of making steady gold than abusing a problem to try and make a quick buck, leading to me single-handedly crashing the market.

Btw, I only happened to see this thread by chance. :lool:
biscuit
Passer by

Post by biscuit »

when i played years ago i got rewarded for reporting a bug but i can't remember what the reward was lol! for some reason i wanna say it was a special shirt or something but that was a long time ago and i don't remember. made me feel great though :mrgreen:
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

There is a blue shirt, called something like +Colibri's Bug Zapper. Also there is a white one called something like shirt of excelsiorian honesty. Not sure if there are others, not 100% sure where they came from.
TDC Guild
beanerman
Master Scribe

Post by beanerman »

i got a shirt that is on a display table at the DLG shop. it was given to me by +c for reporting a bug
The almost famous Mr. J