account bound items

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

account bound items

Post by dreamstalker »

perhaps with exception of a few items that are the target of scammers nowadays i would like to see some of the old old older stuff in game that is account bound become un bound when a players house decays or their account goes poof.. or if all else fails how bout just lettin us just take it out of container and lock it down for all to see and reminisce (sp?) about what uoex was like all those years ago.. i am not talking about anything but eye candy so i dont think it would impact the game much. and i wouldnt have a clue as to how hard it would be to code this sort of thing in or if even possible.. either way almost 7 years and still enjoyin every min :)
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: account bound items

Post by +Nyx »

Mainly we account bound items that we want to eliminate when the account decays, so I don't see that happening at any point. I don't remember there being a whole lot of account bound items before Sgail, particularly just deco-wise, but what in particular were you thinking about?
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Costumes come to mind. Dont even care if i can wear them, I just like the graphics of them.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Is it possible to offer it as a service where an account bound item can be locked down on a surface?
Character name: Ebony
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

just 2 examples.. the 2nd one is not actually account bound ...sorta but i cant pick it up out of bag to lock it down.. but would be very cool display item.. perhaps if someones account or houses decay there is a way to flag that item as deco only not wearable or equipable or such.. would be great way to increase the "rares" collections that people here seem to lov ( myself included) :)
Attachments
unbind sample 2.jpg
unbind sample 2.jpg (18.14 KiB) Viewed 7656 times
unbind sample 1.jpg
unbind sample 1.jpg (18.79 KiB) Viewed 7653 times
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Well the elysium tickets are meant to decay with an account if they leave, so I wouldn't let those be kept even for deco.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

BoD dyetub is Bind to Account... Have always thought that was odd...
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Oh Columbus' account decayed. He had some good old school stuff.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Alex wrote:Oh Columbus' account decayed. He had some good old school stuff.
Is that the third time now? :lool:
TDC Guild
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Melkor wrote:Is that the third time now?
lol true
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

finally my wife has actually started playing again instead of just loggin in for few mins after i beg for an hour to transfer a house or something either to or from my account to hers .... woooohoooo anyways the mothers day gift bag for one thing is awesome cute lil somethin somethins in it. but would u believe...... its account bound. i realize my wife can and did get her own Mothers day gift bag but guess what i cant give her mine... im more of a manly type of collector and my wife luvs all the cute stuff..
my main concern is with things being account bound is it goin to hurt the buy/sell/trade very much if at all. if we dont have buy sell trade on most if not all items i would think that would overall hurt the shard/economy and none of us want to see that.
i realize as i said b4 im sure the gms have reasons that i dont know or understand or see behind the scenes that i cant even begin to imagine but would like even holiday/event items not to be account bound. ty for readin plz dont flame me for this luv s
uoex want to play here for the next 50 years even from heaven when i go there ( hopefully not today heheh) when i do ill post screen shots of my heavenly computer set up :) have a blessed day
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

As you know from running quests, most of the quest and event items aren't bound. However, in some cases, I do bind certain types of things. IE: when doing rewards for a very special, one time only event; or when I'm giving out some types of new patch items that I intend to implement more widely later (and thus don't want the market flooded with what I'm giving out today).