Adding additional World teleporter vendor spots

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Adding additional World teleporter vendor spots

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

I don't know if it is possible or if the staff are willing to do it but I would like to see additional spots added to the world teleporter for vendors. I'd love to get my vendor shop up and running but I really don't have the time to sit at the world teleporter waiting for someones shop to drop off the list. And at the price that is being charged per week it shouldn't be so difficult to get a spot... maybe it sounds like I am whining... maybe I am... just a little though lol. Its just a thought, either way I will find a way to get people to my shop :)

I would appreciate your opinion.
Dorn
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Adding additional World teleporter vendor spots

Post by Dorn »

I like it

+1
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

You know, there are two open house spots directly on permanent, free world teleporters.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Maze Scarlethart wrote:I don't know if it is possible or if the staff are willing to do it but I would like to see additional spots added to the world teleporter for vendors. I'd love to get my vendor shop up and running but I really don't have the time to sit at the world teleporter waiting for someones shop to drop off the list. And at the price that is being charged per week it shouldn't be so difficult to get a spot... maybe it sounds like I am whining... maybe I am... just a little though lol. Its just a thought, either way I will find a way to get people to my shop :)

I would appreciate your opinion.

While I understand your frustration at not being able to get a spot, I don't think additional spots are necessary. It was designed to have a limited amount with the prices going up to be competitive getting and keeping a spot on there. Plus, there are other locations that have world teleporter access (Town Center, and Makoto Zento). There are also a couple apartments right off a world teleporter. I know Mt. Sho Castle in Tokuno was just taken by a person who wanted a vendor mall there. I think there are one or two other locations, but I'd have to check to be certain.

I wouldn't mind seeing it that if you had a shop, and did not renew (at the higher price), then there was a waiting period to "refresh" at the bast cost as further incentive for people to keep their spot on the list.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I think someone else also submitted this idea thru the help system. The intent and design is for there to be just one page of spots, and then with changing prices to balance out supply/demand (prices set so that as many are rented out as possible, but 1-2 being available).

This feature kinda killed Tc/Mz (well, along with other factors), so I think it's best to keep it limited to how it is right now, one page only.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)