Wiki Editing Group

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

+Nyx
Administrator

Wiki Editing Group

Post by +Nyx »

Alright,it's time to get some folks together to help keep our wiki updated and prettified. We're looking for players who meet the criteria below.

Requirements:
- Excellent spelling and grammar (English)
- In-depth knowledge of both UO and Excelsior
- Account age over 6 months
- Clean account history (No harassment, staff-disrespect, cheating or AFK violations resulting in jail. Warnings don't count)
- Basic knowledge of wiki editing
- Time and motivation enough to help keep the wiki fully updated (We'd expect each editor to browse the wiki and make additions/updates at least once or twice a week)

If you'd like to help keep the wiki up-to-date, please reply here.
Birko
Elder Scribe

Re: Wiki Editing Group

Post by Birko »

I'd love to contribute, but I'm not prepared to be a full time editor.
If you can get an editorial team together I'd love to work with them.

My knowledge and experience is not broad enough to be responsible for the Wiki content, but I have experience in sub-editing.
In publishing, the sub-editor makes sure that the writers' work is properly conveyed to the reader, and follows the editorial canon. Sub-editors always take the blame when things stuff up, as they are "canon fodder".

With my limited knowledge of game play specifics, I offer my support to a more experienced team.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I'd love to contribute but only when I have something to contribute (like http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8181 and http://uorforum.com/threads/barding-for-dummies.3313/) not once or twice a week.
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

Post by Unbeliever »

If you feel that I meet the requirements, I'd enjoy being a part of this. Updates once or twice a week is just my speed. :)
in-game Thomas Covenant
walter
Master Scribe

Post by walter »

I would like to help :)
In game name: Walter
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I'm certainly not going to keep a tally of how many edits each person makes a week, but I wanted to give a general ballpark idea of how active I'd like to see the wiki editors. Whether you just check a page or two here and there, or update as you think of something that needs it, you'd be welcome to do so. However if someone went completely inactive for a few months, I'd probably remove them and ask for new volunteers.
RaeZon
Expert Scribe

Post by RaeZon »

I am interested in helping out with the wiki. =)
The Chosen One - Alt IGN: Thomas Marshal
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Hi,

I'm interested in helping out too. I have editorial experience as I work as an editor and I have some experience of the game. My account is approaching a year old, but I'm not near my first relayer yet, approaching 220 dex though. I'm a pretty casual player, but I really love the wiki and have used it a lot, so it would be good to put something back in :) So I know some aspects of the game, but there are many that I don't know about.

Maybe if we don't get many vet members volunteer to be actual editors, we could have some give those who are on the editorial team some info to fill in any gaps and editorial can implement it?
In game name: Abarai
Relysis
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Relysis »

I'm available to help as well.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

If y'all have wiki accounts already, please post or PM me the account name so I can get you guys set up.
Relysis
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Relysis »

http://uoex.net/wiki/User:Relysis

Without younger players in the phpbb group, it would definitely benefit the shard to encourage discussion in the otherwise dead wiki talk forum. Otherwise important age-limited areas like Mistvale will get the silent treatment. The current Mistvale guide is incredibly well structured, but I assume you would rather work on content than keep those pages updated yourself.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You should be able to edit now, Relysis.

Regarding the Mistvale page and others like it - I actually have them locked down so they can only be edited by staff. This is intentional, we plan to keep pages of important information (particularly ones that folks are often spreading misinformation about... :roll: ) staff-managed so we can be sure they are always 100% accurate.
Relysis
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Relysis »

Thanks, I can log in. Hopefully those locked pages won't be too much of a time sink, but we all certainly appreciate information straight from the source. Anything to help reduce the ongoing information telephone game in global.
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

Post by Unbeliever »

Before it was locked, I edited the wiki several times using my forum account info: username Unbeliever. It won't let me login now though.
in-game Thomas Covenant
Acacia
Elder Scribe

Post by Acacia »

If I qualify I'd love to help with updated information.