HOW-TO & NEWS

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Danilo Thann
Elder Scribe

Re: HOW-TO & NEWS

Post by Danilo Thann »

Not sure how to do step one... But as of step two... Id like to be added as a Wiki Scribe. I wish to help others become more understanding of the goings on in UOEX, as i call it, and to do so I intend to update, add, and destroy such myths which need to be done away with.

I have played on UOEX now for over a year and have another 10 years of OSI based UO under my belt. I'm sure Im qualified. I know that alll severs/shards are created differently... and with their own pluses and minus's, that being said for the last 12 years of my life I have been an Archer, a Nox Mage, and now a Melee Artist.

Most of the wiki guides will get you there, through macroing or perseverance, but are not informative with regards to playing the game as intended. I'd like to help open up that insight to the EX players.
Criticism is good because it improves upon what came before, and solidifies the strongest of foundations.
Diamond
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Diamond »

If you need an editor, let me know. This can be collaborative.
Thorgal
Legendary Scribe

Post by Thorgal »

I would like to become a scribe,i have been playing the shard over 6 months now and also played osi for more then 5 years, i am very knowledgeble of the game i would like to help building the wiki which in my opinion is under developed and in great need of new content!

TY
Layfon Alseif
Elder Scribe

Post by Layfon Alseif »

I agree the wiki could use some newer information on it but I think thats more a GM matter. :)
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

Accept to group please, ty.
Would like to update the stats caps page in the least, theres no right info there
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
Allen
Expert Scribe

Post by Allen »

Lust wrote:Hey Allen, from my understanding you do not even have to be part of the wiki scribes to modify the UOEx wiki. Just long on using your forum username and password and you should be able to edit the entries.

Not sure if anyone might have read the previous posts in this thread, but last time I checked anyone can update the wiki. No need for the application. As I had found out, some time ago the same way, in this very same thread. 8) . Thanks to all who are interested in refining the wiki.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Want to join. Have submitted my request via the usergroups. Thanks.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

Need an acct set up on the wiki, same log-in for the shard doesn't work for the wiki.
EDIT: Nor does the forum log-in info
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I am asking to be added as a Wiki Scribe

Thanks

Lestat
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Uhhh, no need to do that. Just log in (upper right corner of the wiki main page) with your forum username and password and you can edit the wiki to your hearts content.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Ilsanor wrote:Uhhh, no need to do that. Just log in (upper right corner of the wiki main page) with your forum username and password and you can edit the wiki to your hearts content.
no i need to post here to get access to the forum section on wiki scribes so that is what i am doing it is currently locked to invite only
Shotta
Legendary Scribe

Post by Shotta »

Ya, I have some guildmates that have been trying to get even Forum access for a several weeks now.
I believe it was a security measure put in place for some unsavory happenings semi-recently.
But yeah, the wiki does need some serious updating in some areas.