Human Bio Weapons

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Human Bio Weapons

Post by MagicUser »

Credit to Hroo-sta for not only having the interest to pursue a dead field, but being willing to put forth time and gold to look for the best bio weapon.

Here is some information about human bios that will be important later.
  • Weapon abilities are irrelevant.
  • Once an arrow type is selected they only need 1 arrow, regardless of the arrow type.
  • They can use a bow.
  • They need spell channeling weapons or the weapon will be unequipped.
  • They use stamina to cast their abilities, so any weapon they use must have stamina leech.
  • Clothing attributes are effective on them (with some exceptions).
The combination of the fact that human bios can use special arrows infinitely and that weapon abilities are irrelevant means that high base damage should be the goal of a weapon choice. From auctions I know that the graphic for the ancient composite bow has the highest base damage of any bow. Among the craftable bows, only the Elven composite longbow has both the right graphic (19-22 dmg) but the ability to choose a quiver type (armor pierce or lightning arrows).

Ideal Bio Weapon:
  • Elven Composite Longbow set (double click bow and select arrow) to lightning arrows with 1 lightning arrow in its backpack
  • Exceptionally Crafted (adds 4 to base damage)
  • Spell Channeling (so they don't drop it)
  • 30%+ Hit Stamina Leech (so they can use their abilities)
Additional attributes, such as other leeches and the hits, will just add even more damage. Though the more attributes you want to have the rarer they will be.

With 132 Bowcraft/Fletching skill, petrified runic fletcher's tool, and petrified boards it appears that the crafting success is somewhere around 100 attempts.

Here are some eye balled empirical results that Hroo-sta got.
Barehanded - 100-150
Axe - 95-130
Yumi - 105-140
Elven composite bow - 110-150
Elven composite bow with lightning arrows - 160-240

The end result is about 60-90 extra damage per hit on a trainer. Hroo-sta was hoping for some more empirical testing, but for the sake of this post, this information should be more than enough. I am calling attention to this combination for human bios, rather than trying to prove it. There may be better base damage bows out there, if so please feel free to correct me. This was just the conclusion I came to. I should also mention that this weapon combo is effective on human bios, because of their limitations. Players have different limitations which makes this weapon choice actually really bad, even for new players. Player weapons should not restrict their attributes like this.
Last edited by MagicUser on Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Hroo`sta
Passer by

Re: Human Bio Weapons

Post by Hroo`sta »

To clarify: one has to get a bow with Quiver property and an enchanted elven arrow in their backpack, double tap the bow and target an arrow. Then equip the bow onto bio - you got your bio Hit Lightning: 100% for free :)
Arrows cost ~80k per 500 in Heartwood, if people are interested I can sell them in singles on my vendor in Makoto *self plug :D*
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Hmm interesting. this bio can output as a imp, when in 5pcs pack. Anyway, have thought that one arrow thing can be something that will be fixed.
What im wondering for, is that it does less dmg with axe and yumi, than with bare hands. Also i would say that, i would like to see bio dmg output test, using captain jack sparrows cutlass.
Hroo`sta
Passer by

Post by Hroo`sta »

Yeah that would be an interesting test, can`t afford it though. I think the damage will grow it is just that her unarmed attacks seem to have higher than 14-17 of my axe. With 19-22 bow bio starts to deal more damage than barehanded and therefore leeches more stamina. Elven bow seems to be best weapon choice then as strongest melee weapon aside from Cutlass is Ornate Axe with 18-20. Arrow comes as an additional boon :)
I really would like to ask someone else to check me on bare hands damage output as I have only one bio, maybe it is defunct? :D My guesstimate is bio`s base bare hands damage is 17-19 or around that.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

there was some item inspector, or something like that, in steam. think it should show those stats.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Ok.There is a big point: the pet needs to fight against real monsters and not against harmless trainers, so my question is how much stamina is needed to keep "firing" abilities like acid rain or trial by fire at max rate?

Look here for bio pet abilities.
viewtopic.php?p=59532#p59532

How much a blade of insanity (100% stamina leech) changed into an elven compo bow can improve the damage/counter-heals?
https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Blade_of_Insanity

The idea is to get the max damage from the weapon but also the max rate of special moves per minute.

EDIT: added "counter-heals" into special moves.
The Skilled Image.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Thank you for your input Turnabout.
wesmith wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Ok.There is a big point: the pet needs to fight against real monsters and not against harmless trainers, so my question is how much stamina is needed to keep "firing" abilities like acid rain or trial by fire at max rate?
Hroo-sta said that his bio's combat capabilities took a significant leap against general mobs. He said that his bally kill time was significantly reduced. Additionally, his bio was able to tank the fire ruby dragon in Sanctuary, where it could not before.

With the previous weapon he was using (an axe) with high stamina leech he was doing significantly worse.
wesmith wrote:
How much a blade of insanity (100% stamina leech) changed into an elven compo bow can improve the damage/counter-heals?
Spending 200+ eds on a bio weapon is often not feasible or sensible for players looking at bios. The current way which just uses player weapons instead of specialized bio weapons requires expensive or type changed weapons. In addition, I believe Hroo-sta said he tried using a blade of insanity, but without type changing it, it was not very good. Most yumi's with less stamina leech are better.
wesmith wrote:
The idea is to get the max damage from the weapon but also the max rate of special moves per minute.
Agreed, I remember a misconception even from back in 2012 when everyone had bios. "Abilities are the only thing that matter." Implying that melee damage is irrelevant. Melee damage matters as long as it does not come at the cost of the abilities. From what Hroo-sta told me of his experiments, the attribute combo listed in the original post does not interfere with abilities. Melee damage appears to be the difference between a bio and a cheap imprisoned pet.

Crafting is definitely not my area of expertise, glad to see some crafters interested in the conversation. Thank you for y'alls contributions.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Hroo`sta
Passer by

Post by Hroo`sta »

wesmith wrote:

Look here for bio pet abilities.
viewtopic.php?p=59532#p59532
I am fairly new but my observation was that under heavy fire from multiple mobs (or maybe some mobs burn stamina) my bio would go to 0 stamina, basically stopping attacks and therefore leeching. With bow it started to keep up (absolutely subjective and speculative though).
Well, my line of thinking is - all Leech effects are calculated from base damage and the highest base damage (aside from Jack`s Cutlass) is Elven Composite Bow, exceptionally crafted.
Just thinking outloud:
Blade of Insanity gives 12 stamina on average per hit (avg[11-13]=12dmg*100%Leech=12 stamina per hit), 12 base damage;
Blade of Insanity changed into Compo Bow gives 20.5 stamina on average per hit (avg[19-22]=20.5dmg*100%Leech=20.5 stamina per hit), 20.5 base damage;
Elven Composite gives 14.76 stamina per hit on average when leveled to 60% Stamina Leech (avg[19-22]=20.5dmg*1.2exceptional bonus=24.6*60%Leech=14.76 stamina per hit), 24.6 base damage.

I am not sure if Quiver property would appear on Blade of Insanity morphed into bow though, without it enchanted arrows can not be used. Also crafted has both edge in base damage and usable points over morphed Blade even considering 200 points penalty. Crafted does 20% more damage but leeches 27% less stamina than morphed BoI if I am not wrong with my math.

EDIT: added "counter-heals" into special moves.
I`d like my Bio to do more damage but Bio is nowhere near 3 imps, so it`s main goal as I see it is to tank and do be on high stamina all the time. So high base damage and HSL are key.

My main confusion comes from uneven damage distribution when Bio attacks with melee weapon. It goes in sequence of 4-5 weak attacks followed by 1 strong one. May it be that my Bio does it due to having mana (though it does also throw fireballs), or my unstable connection merging 2 numbers together I don`t know. However bio with bow has a very even sequence with no spikes. I initially assumed that the 'spike' was not utilizing Stamina Leech was what was causing low stamina in challenging fights and tried bow based off of that guess. It may just be that the bow Paroxy crafted for me is outright better weapon :)

The conclusion I come to so far is pretty clear - Elven Composite is best shape of weapon for bio due to high base damage (and boon of non-consuming arrows), crafted Composite is close to the best in terms of damage output, Blade of Insanity morphed into one is best in terms of Stamina Leech. Not to mention that the bow has effectively 100% Hit Lightning/Fireball/Frost/Poison which can be suited to match the enemy on a whim, adding 400 points to the weapon ;D

P.S. if anyone can share if their bios do some sort of 5th special attack move melee, please let me know :)