Wiki Updating

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Wiki Updating

Post by Devlin »

I've been working on updating the wiki, as it's been quite a bit since it's seen any updates. I'm looking for a bit of help on identifying any pages/content that is outdated/needs to be updated. If you know of any pages that need some tweaking, please post them here and what is incorrect/needs to be added and I'll put it on my list.

Thanks =)

-Devlin
Last edited by Devlin on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Wiki Revamp

Post by Yoda »

I just posted to comment on the revamp.. mostly because I like typing "revamp" its fun to say

revamp
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

A few random things:

http://uoex.net/wiki/Carpentry_BOD_rewards - either something's broken on my end or 4- and 5-piece sets don't exist.

http://uoex.net/wiki/Bael%27Nefario%27s ... Sg%C3%A1il - this page could use some expanding because if you want to know what's all the fuss about Sgail quests/items then it doesn't really help at all.

http://uoex.net/wiki/Mistvale - I'd add information that you need to complete Mistvale Quests in set order and maybe a note emphasizing that Reaper, Sash and Cloak are not age-limited (I've seen people asking about it in chat).
http://uoex.net/wiki/Mistvale_Armaments_Armor_Set - same here + add missing items.

http://uoex.net/wiki/UOEx_Must-Knows#Cleric_spells - third paragraph is out-of-date.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yes, the wiki is in need of updates and also restructuring in certain areas. A few players have told us they're interested in being part of this, but we need to figure out some guidelines for the content and the format, so that it includes the relevant info but doesn't give away too much - the point of the game is to figure things out, not read the spoilers.

I see you've done some cosmetic changes, for anything more invovled please wait until we get together and figure this out, so that the changes we'll make and the time we'll put into this will be something we can all relate to and agree with.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I'd be interested in helping out revamping. I have a bit of experience with editing the wiki, I made the treasure hunting page and have updated a few bits on lockpicking and a few other things here and there.
In game name: Abarai
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Re: Wiki Updating

Post by Devlin »

Noted, +C. I've updated this post to simply refer to any content that needs updating/fixing, as there are quite a few out of date pages (such as Lady mels ticket quest, gauntlets new ticket/golden skull system, Travesty/Dreadhorn summoning, and cleric spells, to name a few that I've found/fixed so far). Although revamp is fun to say, that wasn't necessarily my goal. Just to update incorrect/out of date content and universalize formatting across similar pages.

Once guidelines are set (which I'd be happy to help contribute to), then a more organized revamp can occur. Essentially, make the wiki purely factual (not opinion based), helpful (but not a step-by-step walkthrough), and informative (especially for anything and everything that is custom to the shard as there is no other source of information like uoguide/stratics).

Until then I'll keep updating old/wrong info and making it look pretty ;P
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

so in effect..

you would be... revamping the look and feel !! I can get behind that.

I have to go look but I do recall a few things that I could easily go over with a hi-liter as "inaccurate" or "that is A way to do it, not THE way" especially on the skill tree, hopefully when my schedule winds down I can properly make something I can email over to ya for your efforts.

best example: the big one that every shard wiki in the history of time gets wrong is barding

disco, peace, provo & musicianship

and how you can make the handy wiki charts fail you mostly by doing musicianship to 120 first, the effect of type of musical instrument on gains etc can counteract this effect. I figured out what was going on and adjusted I am sure many do, I think the wiki (without being a walkthrough) should specialize in those tricky moments like this, for those that don't say things like "oh musicianship boosted the success chance on X"
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
jchang74
Passer by

Post by jchang74 »

Kinda new to posting in the forum. i always check the forum for info i dont know i been on this server for over 1 year now but been out for about 4 month and come back to it often now. Well i notice that there is no section for fishing and the new system.
Can pm me in-game Highlander