Sgail

Moderator: Wiki Scribes

MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Sgail

Post by MagicUser »

There was a request a few weeks ago, requesting information on Sgail. Unfortunately, there is a dreadful lack of information on Sgail. Some of that even bleeds into the responses that people are able to give. Not everyone is an expert on Sgail. This post is meant to help fix access to that information. Although, inevitably it will be lost to time, I believe it puts all the information in one place.

The only real source of information about Sgail for a long time was NME's SGAIL book. It was quite well done, but it is outdated. Junobo's museum's collection of books offers a lot more information. Most of the time, those 2 information sources, combined with a vet, is enough.

However, in the case that a veteran is not around, there is some pretty critical time saving information that is missing. For example, Violet The Apprentice, the Archmage Imbuement Quest giver is not mentioned in either source. The dungeon, within the castle route, is also missing from both.

Additionally, there is false information in some of Junobo and NME's book. For example, Junobo's book claims that 2 people are needed for entering the castle and both claim that 4 people are needed to summon Rindial. The quest can actually be done solo. To their credit, the quest is much easier in groups. Still, the information creates a notion that one vet would not be enough to even help. Which is unfortunate.

I am not a YouTuber nor do I have access to video editing software, so the quality of the video is what it is. The video is just meant to be a demonstration of getting through to all the important locations anyway. I did not record audio, because I did not want to have to focus on speaking while trying to run through everything. Which worked out well, because I would have been interrupted multiple times.
Important Locations At Sgail with Paroxysmus

If you would rather have a detailed description that is more wiki style, please see the pdf below. Unfortunately, the forums will not allow me to upload a pdf, so I had to zip it. It has 58 pictures in it, so I could not have made it a Forum post by itself. There is a limit on attachments.
Sgail Guide.zip
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 348 times
The only thing I can think of adding, as a warning, make sure you gather the materials that can be gathered outside of Sgail before starting the quests. If you think of something that should be added/edited, let me know below.
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Re: Sgail

Post by MagicUser »

Here is the material list and puzzle key from the pdf I posted above, if anyone just wants quick access to those rather than the rest of the guide.

Section 1: Material List
Wooden Trinket (Giver: Hyacinth The Assistant, Receiver: Walloc The Carpenter)
• 1k Grade A Boards (Sturdy Axe)
• 10k Ebony Boards (Lumberjacking)
• 250 Bark Fragments (Lumberjacking)
• 25 Parasitic Plants (Lumberjacking)
• Lurker Canine (Alpha Male Lurker)

Gleam Material (Giver: Thomas The Apprentice, Receiver: Artemis The Blacksmith)
• 7k Electrum Ingots (Mining)
• 3k Copper Ingots (Mining)
• 7k Verite Ingots (Mining)
• 2 Gleam Essences (A Penumbrus Gleam)

Shadow Material (Giver: Thomas The Apprentice, Receiver: Artemis The Blacksmith)
• 5k Shadow Ingots (Mining)
• 5k Dull Copper Ingots (Mining)
• 7k Agapite Ingots (Mining)
• 2 Shadow Essences (A Shadow)

Unimbued Armor (Giver: Ravi The Assistant, Receiver: Fenerrus The Tailor)
• 5k Spined Leather (Giant Snakes)
• 5k Horned Leather (Wyvern/Drakes/ Shadow Wyrm)
• 5k Barbed Leather (Dragon)
• 300 Black Scales (Shadow Wyrm)
• Mistic Fabric (Ximestis)

Archmage Imbuement (Giver: Violet The Apprentice, Receiver: Leifang The Archmage)
• Soulwood Talisman (Wooden Trinket Quest)
• Malleable Gleam Material (Gleam Material Quest)
• Malleable Shadow Material (Shadow Material Quest)
• Unimbued Leggings (Unimbued Armor Quest)
• Fallen Angel Down (Rindial The Deceiver)

Section 2: Castle Puzzle Key
Green Onyx
Blue Pearl
Red/Purple Sapphire
Yellow Diamond
Red Emerald
Green/Yellow Ruby
Respectfully,
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Post by Deadwerd »

Thanks a bunch for this! I knew the books were lacking critical info, and I've been told the whole quest, and helped someone do a run of it, but I haven't done it myself. I just came back to the server after a 3 1/2 year hiatus, and I've forgotten most of the quest, so I will be taking advantage of this immediately. If I notice a detail that could be helpful that you haven't mentioned, I'll definitely let you know. Thanks again!
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Hah, please do.

In retrospect, I noticed I called this the Sgail guide. Even though it really is more of a Gleam Aura Legging Guide. Oops. I think the description on the YouTube video rightly calls it out. Oh, well. That in and of itself isn't worth a second post. Titling the post Sgail might help with forum searching though, I guess.

As an aside, welcome back. I wondered where you had went. My first yumi was crafted by you :).
Respectfully,
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Thanks for this. Really great work.

By the way does anyone know if you can run the quest and get the legs a second time? I know they are account bound.
TDC Guild
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Melkor wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:46 pm
Thanks for this. Really great work.

By the way does anyone know if you can run the quest and get the legs a second time? I know they are account bound.
Sadly, no. I kept pestering +V about it for years :D

It's a shame since one of the dungeons isn't used in anything else but the leggins quest...
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

MagicUser wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Here is the material list and puzzle key from the pdf I posted above, if anyone just wants quick access to those rather than the rest of the guide.

Section 1: Material List
Wooden Trinket (Giver: Hyacinth The Assistant, Receiver: Walloc The Carpenter)
• 1k Grade A Boards (Sturdy Axe)
• 10k Ebony Boards (Lumberjacking)
• 250 Bark Fragments (Lumberjacking)
• 25 Parasitic Plants (Lumberjacking)
• Lurker Canine (Alpha Male Lurker)

Gleam Material (Giver: Thomas The Apprentice, Receiver: Artemis The Blacksmith)
• 7k Electrum Ingots (Mining)
• 3k Copper Ingots (Mining)
• 7k Verite Ingots (Mining)
• 2 Gleam Essences (A Penumbrus Gleam)

Shadow Material (Giver: Thomas The Apprentice, Receiver: Artemis The Blacksmith)
• 5k Shadow Ingots (Mining)
• 5k Dull Copper Ingots (Mining)
• 7k Agapite Ingots (Mining)
• 2 Shadow Essences (A Shadow)

Unimbued Armor (Giver: Ravi The Assistant, Receiver: Fenerrus The Tailor)
• 5k Spined Leather (Giant Snakes)
• 5k Horned Leather (Wyvern/Drakes/ Shadow Wyrm)
• 5k Barbed Leather (Dragon)
• 300 Black Scales (Shadow Wyrm)
• Mistic Fabric (Ximestis)

Archmage Imbuement (Giver: Violet The Apprentice, Receiver: Leifang The Archmage)
• Soulwood Talisman (Wooden Trinket Quest)
• Malleable Gleam Material (Gleam Material Quest)
• Malleable Shadow Material (Shadow Material Quest)
• Unimbued Leggings (Unimbued Armor Quest)
• Fallen Angel Down (Rindial The Deceiver)

Section 2: Castle Puzzle Key
Green Onyx
Blue Pearl
Red/Purple Sapphire
Yellow Diamond
Red Emerald
Green/Yellow Ruby
so can you gather the materials from one section at a time? like the wooden trinket part of the quest? or do you have to have the materials for all sections at the same time so they don't decay?
blackstone from the ILV guild
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

The biggest part is all the resource items to gather. It is pretty much impossible to gather as you go. Most people start working on the gathering before collecting the other parts and/or starting the quest. You can buy resources off exex but they (historically) have been extremely expensive as there are not alot of people who resource gather to sell on exex- and when you need them, quantity needed is in the thousands not a couple hundred.
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

I did a search on the venders ex site, if you type in "gleam aura" it shows a bunch of search suggestions for gleam aura materials.
but no venders are selling them.

you would think that how good these leggings are, someone would be selling a pouch with all the materials and making bank.
blackstone from the ILV guild
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

sounds like me,
collecting resources for "future BOD crafting" and this quest.
not selling them. because dissonance between price that I can get and price of the items I would like to buy is huge.

Why making life of high level achievers easier ... when I cannot yet get what I want?
we can both spent some time on basic resources gathering, not only on fun parts.
That wrote me in egoistic mood.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

the materials you wont really find on a vendor though, not when theres exex to get the resources, but parts like the lurker canine can be found on some vendors
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Your skill in necromancy has increased by 0.1 it is now 120.0

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I just did the Gleam Aura Legging's quest with someone and wanted to add some info. I used this thread to remind myself how to do some aspects of the quest. We were stumped with how to obtain the Fabric from Ximestis.

You must have the questbook BEFORE you fight Ximestis. The fabric is not an item, defeating Ximestis will automatically add the fabric to your book.

Seems stupid, but we wasted a fair bit of time trying to figure it out. This thread and the work done by Paroxys is very useful, so I wanted to add this so others don't get stumped like we did.
JOHNNY WARREN!