Basic Gear Player run Event/quest thread

This forum is a place for all the guilds of Excelsior to post their news and to have a discussion.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Basic Gear Player run Event/quest thread

Post by Nick »

I’m Interested in hosting/running a Reoccurring player event in felc but, only with basic gear. No relayers, Jewelry, no event reward, no runic crafted gear, no lower regent gear, nothing. Can only have NPC bought armor and weapons. (If we find some jewelry in loot we will distribute it out as we go). Looking to host/run this once a week and lurer my dad and little bros to play here. Ill be running it, would plan on 2-3 hour sessions that might just end in everyone dead and everything lost... :dance PM/ comment here

Same with pets. No bonded, or ointed pets, only fresh tames or bought pets allowed. No ethereal mounts. Packies will be a must (no bags of holding). ointments found during quest will be mixed with regents and administered to MVP (most valuable pet) I assume a few tamers with bears, wolves, nightmear/dragon combos will be needed. Pets will bond after a week of ownership and at that point we can just pretend they didnt die but, just got really hurt I guess.

No key rings for regents, or materials or tool houses for tools. Supply train will need to be on packies/lamas we need to keep alive and restock with looted regs or what we can buy, from vendors we find in towns. I will bring a mobile forge and anvil for repairs hopefully we don’t lose them.

We may craft weapons and gear once in felc but, only with resources we gather/loot. If the group finds some gargoyle pickaxes in sanctuary we can try and use them to get plat ingots and tools to use ect.

We may sell leather/ingots to NPCs or other players (but ONLY at a fair market price, tank or papa, can’t sell us 500 runic hammers for 5000 gold or anything like that)

Clearly this is integrity based as we can’t verify we don’t have hidden gear on but, if anyone does come to play I hope you can try and enjoy the quest for what it is and not cheat. I’ll be keeping a “adventure journal” and players can join and leave during sessions as RL allows and just keep there “adventure gear” in a chest or something.

Will probably have a level weapons deed, bless deed, or some other kinda “Prize” for the group if and when we finish a dungeon, kill a peerless or something like that. As the story develops.

All types of players are welcome from crafters, mages, necros, tamers, fighters and everything in between. New players and vets are welcome I’m running the adventure will try and keep it fun. Hopefully it won’t be just me...
PapaVirgle
Passer by

Re: Basic Gear Player run Event/quest thread

Post by PapaVirgle »

Sounds like fun! I will do my best to be a part of this.
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argis »

I'm in. Hopefully I will be on at times that you want to do it.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I'm currently at a water park (great wolf lodge) with my kids but, I hope to do my first outing on the 4th. If not it may need to wait until the 11th. Was hoping to do sanctuary or shame but, Im not sure if just three of use could handle it...
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

some of us in the silent minority will join if we're awake ! :mrgreen:
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Ill be headed out into the great unknown at 2100 shard time today (27 min, or 1500 EST). Sadly Virgil hasn't been able to get Excelsior to work on his PC yet... so I guess it will likely just be me.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

DAY 1:
The quest started in the most uninteresting way possible, picking some apples for the six packhorses that that were kind enough to accompany me on my adventure, they being the only lifeforms that were willing to adventure with a nug such as myself. As the leader of this one-man party, the motion to head to the Dungeon Destard and slay some dragons to fashion some barbed leather armor was unanimous.
Along the way, Mindfreak met up with the pack train and joined the party, trolls and ettens kept attacking the horses along the way but, through some sharp arrow work and a few well placed axe strokes they were all dispatched. A Wisp took offence to Mindfreak’s presence and gravely wounded him taking him out of the fight for a short while. An orcs encampment on the way to Destard was seen and the packies were left behind while Nick of old and Mindfreak crept forward and slew them all. Mindfreak was true to his name chosing at one point to whirlwine on a pack of orcs at one point and by some miracle (and magical healing from Nick) was able to stand tow to tow with the beast and kill them without grievous injury. A nice pair of boots in Nick’s size were found on the corps of an orc Captain.
While staking out our packhorses at the mouth to Destard dungon Atienne Navarr, beset by an umm, arrived to join the party. The dastardly Umm was immune to our weapons and we could not just run in to the dungeon for fear it would kill our horses and all our supplies would be lost. Magic bolts were cast though in a funny turn of events Nick of Old had to stop and mediate in the middle of the battle just recover his enough manna to slay the beast.
Upon entering the dungeon Destard there were very few dragons to be found, though plenty of drakes and giant serpents harassed the party. A few dragons were found in the far north of the cave and their barbed leather hides were distributed across the party who retreated back to the encampment at the mouth of the cave to craft some leather armor. While Nick crafted the armor Mindfreak and Atenne Navarr continued to hunt and brought back enough leather for a decent suit of physical resist armor to be made for the whole party. No good jewelry or weapons were found, though nick of old did pick up a Hammer pick that did offer some improvement.
After improving our armor the party went down to level two of the dungeon and slew a shadow dragon with Mindfreak dealing the final blow. The adventure was a success and the party camped out for the night tending to the routine chores of camp life content with days adventures,
Attachments
Packy pics start of adventure.PNG
Packy pics start of adventure.PNG (220.14 KiB) Viewed 5426 times
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Plan on doing this basic gear fight again on Saturday not sure what time maybe 1300 EST (11 my time) but, im pretty flexible let me know if you want to come and what time would be best. My discord is NickH#8203 if you want to get on there too.
PapaVirgle
Passer by

Post by PapaVirgle »

Looks like fun ...maybe next time?
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Will "running the next chapter" at 6 est if you want to join in meet up at the entrance to felc Destard or find us (or just me if no one showes up) as we fight our way along the road up to sanctuary and try kill some rat men maybe the fire dragon... neptare... and hopefully find some gargoyle tools... I expect to play for about 2 hours... hope some ppl decide to join in again like last week...
quick rules recap:

o ONLY NPC BOUGHT GEAR or gear crafted DURING THE EVENT from resources the group gathered.

o Pets must be fresh tames or buys (from NPC) no ointed pets, can not be bonded (if you use a pet on event and it lives and auto bonds the next week thats fine)

o no bags of holding, a personal packy is encouraged so you can have "your supplies" on it ( I have 6 to support the group and most things we will need) just set your to follow the last one in the pack train.

o no tool houses, or key rings for regents or materierals again I have tools in a chest on a horse and a andvile/forge for repairs/crafting if needed.

o main chars are perfectly fine you DO NOT NEED A NEW char just plz strip your uber gear and get basic with me. don't runin the fun. Its fun to work together for a little durring the event and not be able to act like a solo god.

also, if you don't want to be included in the "chapter summery" don't show up, i do this mainly for my own entertainment so, lets have fun. see you all in 3.5 hours lol.
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Chapter 2: The road to Sanctuary

Most of the party having been egregiously wounded broke way and returned to town however, Nick of Old stayed in destard Dungeon camped out with the six pack horses stitching together the dragon hides that had been gathered. Telling the pack animals to stay he emerged from the mouth of the cave only to be attacked by an Umm, casting energy bolt was imposable as the spell kept being interrupted. Ducking back into the cave to cast protection so as to focus on the needed spells a horrific discovery was made Grace, one of the pack animals had followed Nick Of Old out of the cave and was now a feast for the umm. Now that the adventurer was prepared, dispatching the umm way done quickly but the remains of the lost pack animal were a cause of great sorrow.
Knowing route north to Sanctuary passed right through a orc encampment, a brigand fort and numerous tolls, ettains and ogre’s were along the route Nick of Old decided a new bow was needed and, after cutting wood for while south of Destard found some red wood that was through some luck turned into an exceptional long (yumi) bow. As a mater of caution before each battle the pack train was staked out and the crates they carried piled up so as to build a small fort to protect them; upon feeding them it would appear the pack train bonded with Nick of old after being with them for so long and seeing the great care he took to keep them safe in the wild. The battle with the orcs yielded a thousand coin and a candle and was quite uneventful. The brigand’s camp was easily over whelmed as the fools failed to post any guard and fell victim to arrows fired right from their doorstep.
The trolls, ettains and ogre’s turned out to be more troublesome for the trip, then the know danger areas as they kept trying to seize the pack animals, though old Nick was able to make the movement North without losing any more of the pack train. A few harpies were found along the route which were killed and plucked and their feathers combined with the wood left over from earlier and over 500 arrows added to the reserves.
After arriving in sanctuary the animals were staked out in a safe area in the pass and Nick of old used is war hammer and bow to break the gates however, while imps and orcs were easy prey a succumbs blocked the pass. No path to success was found and our adventure, after many grievous wounds made camp and waited for other’s to join the party. If no brave souls join the fray, perhaps dungeon shame would prove more forgiving...
Attachments
a Scumbuss gravely wounded me and killed my horse
a Scumbuss gravely wounded me and killed my horse
Scumbuss got me.PNG (17.71 KiB) Viewed 5140 times
Always build a safe camp for the animals before going to a fight... they packies were greatful
Always build a safe camp for the animals before going to a fight... they packies were greatful
Campfire before fight.PNG (86.12 KiB) Viewed 5146 times
Lost one of the good ones... lucky the boxes of loot he carried were empty...
Lost one of the good ones... lucky the boxes of loot he carried were empty...
Dead Packie rip.PNG (150.82 KiB) Viewed 5173 times