Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) RP Guild now recruiting!

This forum is a place for all the guilds of Excelsior to post their news and to have a discussion.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) RP Guild now recruiting!

Post by Pek »

Hail and well met.

After months of gathering interest and play testing, we are proud to announce that Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) RP Guild is now recruiting!

Inspired by the fantasy settings of Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons and other popular fantasy books and universes, D&D aims to bring together all like-minded adventurers who wish to role-play on Excelsior. Be you warrior or wizard, elf, human, dwarf or even half orc, we want to build a diverse community dedicated to enjoying the freedom of Ultima Online without the stress of trying to become uber powerful.

Constraints
We have some guild guidelines that are currently being reviewed, but for anyone wishing to join us, we generally abide by the following constraints:

1) No relayers or leveled weapons
2) Only use gear that is crafted or has been looted - Artifact weapons and armor are allowed
3) No stat scrolls or 3rd party programs or custom things that aren't in the natural UO game

At the moment we are allowing two legendary power scrolls to be used per character. Reason being, this may aid in character development (e.g. a power scroll for fighting and one for crafting) and also, it just looks super badass to be a 'Legendary Warrior' :D

The reason for these constraints is to ensure that our characters have a hard limit. For RP story purposes we want Balrons, Ancient Wyrms and similar monsters to be the ultimate badass monsters that we can fight.

Role-playing Your Character
The very core of this guild is role-playing, so it is essential that you take some time to think about what sort of character/s you want to play. Most people chose to create a fresh character and often choose to bring one of their favourite fantasy characters to life, or to create an original character using a traditional fantasy template.

It is up to you. Have some fun with it and as long as you can back up your gear and skill choices with a solid character backstory, we're all for it! We have also found through testing that your backstory will change quite often. This will depend largely upon what you enjoy doing in-game and how you see your role within the group.

Ultimately, how you play and what you play is your choice. We aim to stay in character as often as we can and have some pretty exciting guild events in mind :wink:

If storming an orc compound to rescue a friend or throwing fireballs at dragons sounds like something that has been missing in your UO life, then please send Ecthelion or Val'kuth Nath a PM in-game and we can invite you to the guild. Thank you.
Last edited by Pek on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
memowolf
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Seeking Interest for RP Guild

Post by memowolf »

Hi,

Sounds like a great idea. I am already devoted to a guild but I do not mind doing some RPG adventures with like minded individuals. PM Tlaloc ingame and we can discuss/play further.
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argis »

How did I not see this sooner? I would be interested as well. I've always enjoyed the RP aspect of the game, but always seems tough to drum up much interest.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I am waiting to buy a 18x18 plot of land in a secluded part East of Yew Trammel, that I plan on making into a little RP town. If you have ever read the Dragonlance Chronicles books, I aim to build the tree town Solace. I'll see how the building goes, but hopefully we can have enough people using the town to make it a proper self-sufficient RP hub.

My RP character Drizzt is still running around (by himself unfortunately) and at the moment he is trying to tackle the Dragons and Drakes of Destard. So if you are bored of farming, then send me a PM and come join in some dragon hunting.

I also have a guild deed but for now, until we actually get people together in-game and do some party stuff, and create our little town, I won't bother with a guild yet.

UO is the ultimate RP platform, so lets make this happen! Thanks.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Oh and I forgot to mention, the town will have the Inn as it's meeting point and then crafting shops (blacksmith, tailor etc) for players to run. I will also build an armoury that we can donate newbie gear so that those starting fresh can grab weapons and clothing.

I have a lot of ideas for RP guild wars (orcs vs humans etc) but for now, just getting a party together and a starting point would be great.
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argis »

I actually just created a character for rp last night. It will be a little while before he is ready for dragon hunting, but hopefully not too long.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

So my ranger Drizzt is all set and ready to rumble, but now I'm tossing up between two magic using support/healers.

The first is a Dwarf Cleric who used to be a tattooed, mohawk wearing, drunk, axe-wielding Dwarven berserker (or Slayers as they are known) named Ulrik the Slayer (based off the Warhammer 40k space wolves priest). He will wield an axe but uses Chivalry and Cleric spells to heal and some beneficial magery spells.

Alternatively, I have in mind a vampire who was once a doctor, but got bitten and turned when he examined what he thought was a corpse. Turns out the corpse was a sleeping vampire who didnt take kindly to being disturbed. As he was a doctor before being turned, he refuses to drink human blood and instead works to rid the world of all the dark and horrible things. He is quirky and obsessed with magic, so I'll make him a full necro mage who heals with bandages and uses provocation and discord to mind control monsters.

Both seem like fun characters and a good counter point to the often somber ranger I usually play. Thoughts?
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Here's a pic of a Dwarf Slayer from Warhammer :dance
Dwarf_Slayer.png
Dwarf_Slayer.png (881.44 KiB) Viewed 6341 times
And here's the vampire based on Vampire Hunter D anime.
vamp hunter d.jpg
vamp hunter d.jpg (22.69 KiB) Viewed 6348 times
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argis »

I like both ideas, although the doctor turned vampire necro is a very interesting idea. Almost has a Blade feel to it, where he is always battling the thirst.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

I made Ulrik the Slayer and less than 24 hours old, he is quite fun, although at the moment is more paladin than cleric.

I'll make the vampire as well and see how long I can stay alive just casting magic :)

If you want to join in, you'll find me slaying skeles and zombies and running away from liches at Brit graveyard.
Lady.Kryste.Demacles
Passer by

Post by Lady.Kryste.Demacles »

Are these rules only self imposed or also on the others in the guild as well? I have been wanting to RP in UOEx for a long time, but I am pretty set on being a 120 tamer. :(

Otherwise.. I have roleplayed a lawful evil vampire for a very very very long time and would love to RP with others, either good or evil. :)
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argis »

I don't have a problem with having a few legendary skills. Just trying to avoid being super powerful is all, at least for now.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

To second Argis, I don't have an issue with a legendary scroll here or there either. Having the "Legendary" title on your paper doll is pretty cool, and if I ever decide on a full mage, then I'll most likely use a 120 scroll for the title :D

Argis and I have done some adventuring, fighting zombies and skeles at Brit graveyard. As frustrating as swinging an axe with 70 dex is, it is fun when you have someone to share the experience with - and that is the entire point of this guild.

I am waiting on the sale of land that will become our guild village but in the mean time, I have two lowbie characters ready to rumble whenever we can organise a catch up. I have Drizzt, the bow and scimitar wielding Drow ranger who can stealth ahead to scout, and I have Ulrik the Slayer, the former drunk Dwarf Slayer who traded in his axe for a war hammer and is now a grumpy cleric. He has GM all of his vital skills and is capable of healing the party through a dungeon.

If you are keen, drop us a reply and we can organise a time for everyone to meet up. Then we can hit up Despise and see how far we can go. I would love to see a lawful evil vampire kicking butt next to Argis' Druid Barbarian :dance

Lastly, we have yet to settle on a guild name, so suggestions are welcome. It doesn't have to be super RP heavy and can be something as simple as RPG - The Role Play Guild or LOA - League of Adventurers etc.

Thanks and PM any of my characters, Ecthelion, Drizzt or Ulrik the Slayer in game for a chat.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

On another note, I killed my first Ogre Lord! There was a lot of running away and healing, but I managed to crush his skull with my mighty war hammer in the end. Victory!
Attachments
ulrik ogre lord.png
ulrik ogre lord.png (624.59 KiB) Viewed 6119 times
Pek
Elder Scribe

Re: Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) RP Guild now recruiting!

Post by Pek »

After months of gathering interest and play testing, we are proud to announce that Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) RP Guild is now recruiting!

Inspired by the fantasy settings of Lord of the Rings, Dungeons and Dragons and other popular fantasy books and universes, D&D aims to bring together all like-minded adventurers who wish to role-play on Excelsior. Be you warrior or wizard, elf, human, dwarf or even half orc, we want to build a diverse community dedicated to enjoying the freedom of Ultima Online without the stress of trying to become uber powerful.

Constraints
We have some guild guidelines that are currently being reviewed, but for anyone wishing to join us, we generally abide by the following constraints:

1) No relayers or leveled weapons
2) Only use gear that is crafted or has been looted - Artifact weapons and armor are allowed
3) No stat scrolls or 3rd party programs or custom things that aren't in the natural UO game

At the moment we are allowing two legendary power scrolls to be used per character. Reason being, this may aid in character development (e.g. a power scroll for fighting and one for crafting) and also, it just looks super badass to be a 'Legendary Warrior' :D

The reason for these constraints is to ensure that our characters have a hard limit. For RP story purposes we want Balrons, Ancient Wyrms and similar monsters to be the ultimate badass monsters that we can fight.

Role-playing Your Character
The very core of this guild is role-playing, so it is essential that you take some time to think about what sort of character/s you want to play. Most people chose to create a fresh character and often choose to bring one of their favourite fantasy characters to life, or to create an original character using a traditional fantasy template.

It is up to you. Have some fun with it and as long as you can back up your gear and skill choices with a solid character backstory, we're all for it! We have also found through testing that your backstory will change quite often. This will depend largely upon what you enjoy doing in-game and how you see your role within the group.

Ultimately, how you play and what you play is your choice. We aim to stay in character as often as we can and have some pretty exciting guild events in mind :wink:

If storming an orc compound to rescue a friend or throwing fireballs at dragons sounds like something that has been missing in your UO life, then please send Ecthelion or Val'kuth Nath a PM in-game and we can invite you to the guild. Thank you.