Gauntlet Runners recruiting

This forum is a place for all the guilds of Excelsior to post their news and to have a discussion.
jonsteele
Novice Scribe

Gauntlet Runners recruiting

Post by jonsteele »

New guild looking for recruits. Basic idea is to run the gauntlet as a group daily at 7 pm central time. Everyone brings 2 skulls for the run. one to get in and one to run. For instance if 5 people do this that would be 5 runs for everyone. The idea is to save on skulls to get more arti chances. If your interested please message Akrin Steele in game thx. Also will ask for extra players that are not in guild to fill out the run if necessary. If you would like to be apart of any runs through the gauntlet and not join guild you can also message me in game.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Re: Gauntlet Runners recruiting

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

Go in as a group, and it still only uses 1 skull entry. So 5 people bringing 2 skulls each, would be 9 runs. WIth 1 as entry fee.
jonsteele
Novice Scribe

Post by jonsteele »

1 for each to get in. So would be 5 runs. And I believe with 5 in group there is 2 of each to fight in the gauntet.
bigd1979
Novice Scribe

Post by bigd1979 »

No Akrin, Miranda is right. If you all go in from the bell as a group it will only cost you one skull for everyone to enter and then 1 per run, giving you 9 runs. If you all cross separately then your math is accurate but that just seems like a complete waste of resources when you are trying to maximize them. Meet somewhere as a group, gate into Doom by the bell, then cross together. And yes with 5 people you get 2 bosses per room. I believe you can get 3 per room but i am not sure of what that threshold is.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

If you party up (up to ten ppl) and nine of you stand next to the boat, and 1 person double clicks on the bell and give the dude 1 scull EVERYONE in the party AND STANDING by the boat gets a pop up msg saying they can go on to the boat to cross and the WHOLE party can cross with only 1 skull.

In gaunt one you get 1 monster if you have 1-4 ppl in your party AND present in that instance of gauntlet (they don't have to be actively fighting they can be AFK but still in gauntlet by the ticket room) if you have 5-9 ppl you 2 monsters per room 10-14 you get 3 15-19 you get 4 and at 20-21 you get 5 (you can only get 20 tickets plus the master)

in gaunt 2 you get 1 monster if you have 1-5 ppl in your party AND present in that instance of gauntlet (they don't have to be actively fighting they can be AFK but still in gauntlet by the ticket room) if you have 6-10 ppl you 2 monsters per room 11-15 you get 3 16-19 you get 4 and at 20 you get 5 (you can on bet 19 tickets plus the master)

They are supposed to be a perfect mirror of each other but they aren't, or at least they weren't last time I tested everything. When I sent in a bug report +C said i wasn't sure why but it really isn't a concern and is the lowest priority to fix since at some point they will do away with the "temporary fix we currently have" most likely with an infinite instance guant the may or may not still require a gold skull per round. It may have been changed I haven't been part of a gaunt run over 15 ppl in a long time. If you care to I suggest you review my post "nick newby gaunt runs event" (or something like that) and review the rules/ plan laid out there and modify it for your guild/group. Works much better if you have a declared group leader that holds all the scull and is responsable for Claiming all corps and you can either split all gold latter on or put it in your guild chest. if you don't claim corps it really slows things down (all loot in guant is trash don't bother looking through the corps) also, I recommend you require all persons to be mounted and only allow Nobles (if you even need the DPS depending on the size of the group) because they move VERY fast and the whole group can move along quickly. If you are taking more then 10 min per round you should be looking into streamlining things if you do 7 rounds in an hour EVERYONE is way better off then if you only did 3-4. Its your group and everyone has to agree to the method beforehand, this is just my advice/two cents.
jonsteele
Novice Scribe

Post by jonsteele »

Thank you for all the advise. I just noticed someone talking about how gauntlet is empty and not enough arti's for sale, so thought I would try to change that. Also I had read that post you referred to, that's actually where I came up with the idea in the first place. I used to run gauntlet a lot before I came back and saw the change so was excited to see a way to do it more often now. That's great then if I can get 5+ people to just bring one skull to run it several times as a group.