Newbie with Devlin's Rearmer v6.0

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
Ambient
Journeyman Scribe

Newbie with Devlin's Rearmer v6.0

Post by Ambient »

; Script: Rearmer
; Author: Devlin
; Current Version: 6.0
; Purpose: Rearms Abilities, Momentum Strike and Counter Attack.
; Read the instructions on the Forums first!
;
; SET-UP:
; You MUST edit the first 5 hotkeys below!
; Read the comments on each line for help.

; Hotkeys
set %Prim F1 ; Primary Ability hotkey
set %Sec F2 ; Secondary Ability hotkey
set %MS F3 ; MS Ability hotkey
set %Hold F11 ; Pause hotkey
set %Play F12 ; Play hotkey

Here are my questions... 1.) Do I set my hotkeys for primary, secondary and Momentum Strike to F1, F2 and F3 keys on my keyboard? 2.) Do I change the script that says "Primary Ability hotkey to say "Armor Pierce"...and "Secondary Ability hotkey" to say "Double Shot" and third line; "MS Ability hotkey" to say "Momentum Strike"??
After lines 1-3 I have no idea what lines 4 and 5 mean at all... Maybe some one can type what these five lines should look like in my script when I'm finished? Please?
And lastly, 4.) Where does Counter Strike play into this? No editing for that?
Obviously I didn't copy and paste the whole script, but I figure whoever helps me with this is probably going to be familiar with the script.
Thank you ahead of time, for any help to get this script up and running.
~Courser
Courser the Wayward, of NRG (in game).
SLiMX
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Newbie with Devlin's Rearmer v6.0

Post by SLiMX »

In response to your questions:

1. This is the default way to do this. What he means is you can set you hotkeys within UO to match what he has written in the script or u can edit the script to match your hotkey preferences. So, it is easiest to make you UO hotkeys match what is in script. On your paper doll choose options and then the last bottom icon on the left.

2. No, there is no need to change this.

3. The line stays like that unless you want to use your choice for the hotkey.
Example:
set %Prim F1 ; Primary Ability hotkey - if you want to use F5 for this it would be: set %Prim F5 ; Primary Ability hotkey
set %Sec F2 ; Secondary Ability hotkey - if you wanted to use F6 for this it would be : set %MS F6 ; MS Ability hotkey

The "Pause" and "Play" hotkeys to pause the CS action. (The default Pause button for Counter Attack is F11. Default resume is F12) that's the hotkey you designate to pause the counter attack if you want. The other you set to the hotkey you want to resume counter attack when pressed. If you want to change what hotkey pauses it would look like this.

Example :
set %Hold F11 ; Pause hotkey - would look like set %Hold p ; Pause hotkey - if you wanted to use the "p" key for pause

4. No the only thing you need to edit for the CS is the hotkey if you don't want to use the defaults like the above example.

Keys that can be used are A-Z, 0-9, F1-F12 and ESC, BACK, TAB, ENTER, PAUSE, CAPSLOCK, SPACE, PGDN, PGUP, END, HOME, LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, PRNSCR, INSERT, DELETE, NUMLOCK or SCROLLLOCK.

A) You MUST have the icons for your Primary/Secondary abilities out (and Momentum Strike and Counter Attack if you use them.) You can drag the tiles out from the Purple Book on your Paper doll and a Bushido spell book.

B) Your abilities CANNOT be active when you start the script. This means Primary/Secondary and Momentum Strike.

Hazardous VeT
Now known as HaZaRdOuS, still the same awesomeness behind the keyboard :)
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Re: Newbie with Devlin's Rearmer v6.0

Post by Devlin »

You're using an older version of Rearmer =)

New version involves no coding. Check out http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4660 for Version 7.03. Everything is done in menus now =)

Also, no need to match hotkeys in game anymore... Just choose hotkeys in the menu and make sure you have nothing set to those macros in game, or it will cast those as well when you attempt to switch.
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)