Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
Pendragan
Passer by

Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file

Post by Pendragan »

Hello every one. I am trying to load UO and Razor onto my wife's Laptop that is running Windows 7.

I went into the Custom Folder and changed it to this
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]
"HarvestStageNew"=dword:00000000
"UniqueInstanceId"=dword:484b15f1
"LastHarvestTime"=dword:484bf8d8

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\"
"PatchExePath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\\uopatch.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"
First this file folder is only called Custom as apposed to Custom.reg.
Second I saved UO just like the web page says, and how I did on my XP machine. To C:\Program Files\ I actually have everything working on my computer so I just copied and pasted into her computer.

how ever I am still getting the
Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file. Some text may not be displayed.
Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong????

Thanks
Sabar
amadman
Elder Scribe

Re: Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file

Post by amadman »

Dont know what that is but....

Mine says that too and I have always just ignored it :)

Game seems to work fine though.
Pendragan
Passer by

Post by Pendragan »

it then comes up
Unable to launch the client specified.(Error:UNKNOWN-ERROR) TwoD:"-null-"
and shuts down. this is probably "now that I think on it" my main problem.
Any help?
TheWatcher
Elder Scribe

Post by TheWatcher »

I was having a similar problem.

It has something to do with where razor looks for the files to run UO.

Ill outline the steps I took to fix it.

1) Contact Blaze Budd in game
2) Sit with a dumbfounded look on my face as he fixed it

:D

It did take me a while to fix it so the few things I picked up while working on it
The custom file needs to be pasted into notepad and then saved as custom.reg (all files i think it is).
The second error I think it related to the first setup page and where you have razor looking for you client. I think if you browse client options or UO data directory and set it to the folder your UO client is in it might help. As I said Blaze would be able to help more than I......

But try this it might help.

I did everything the razor howto said to do and it didnt help but Blaze alerted me to something about Wow6432Node which im sure he would be able to tell you better than I something about 64 bit OS lol

This is the .reg file he used to fix my problem.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"InstCDPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"
Hope this confusing rambling helps

TheWatcher
Arayl
Passer by

Post by Arayl »

I was having this same problem, and this is what fixed it for me:

Check the "Use OSI Encryption" box (I don't know if that actually did anything, but it works fine so I'm not going to touch it again. :P)
Also, where it says "UO Data Directory" click "Browse" next to it and locate your UO file (mine was C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard).

Then, you still get the "unable to find suitable UO cliloc" error, but I ignore it and the program works fine.

Hope this helps!
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Pendragan wrote:Does anybody have any idea what I am doing wrong????
The problem lies in that you're probably running a 64-bit operating system, which stores 32-bit application (UO) entries in a different part of the registry. The HOWTO file really needs to be updated to address this issue..

Anyway, to fix it, check out what TheWatcher said:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"Upgraded"="Yes"
Either copy/paste the whole thing over your current .reg file or note the lines that say "Wow6432Node" and put them in yourself.

If you're still having problems, go download TeamViewer and contact me in-game. Note though: only TV with people you trust. I have a bit of a track record with helping people through it, so I can list off some references if need be. :roll:
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
Pocketcow
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pocketcow »

Believe it or not, I'm willing to bet that this has absolutely nothing to do with your registry at all.

The problem you are having with razor is caused by razor not being able to find the default install of UO. This is caused by a couple things. First, as mentioned above, if you are using a 64 bit OS, you will have two programs folders in your C: drive. You need to install UO in the folder named: "Program Files."

The second thing that you have to do is rename the folder that UO installed in back to: Ultima Online. You downloaded the client from the main page. I can see it because of the way your UO folder is named in those registry keys.

I am almost 100% positive this will fix your problem. I highly doubt you will need to make any registry changes at all to solve this issue.

Once you do these two things, you will have to reset the default locations in both razor and connectuo.(if you use it) If you don't know how, you can just uninstall and reinstall them. Once they are repointed to the UO folder they were expecting, this error will disappear.
BlaZe
Legendary Scribe

Post by BlaZe »

Pocketcow wrote:. . .this has absolutely nothing to do with your registry at all.

The problem you are having with razor is caused by razor not being able to find the default install of UO.
Guess what tells Razor where the UO install directory is at? The registry.

Its true that you can get Razor to work without having to mess with the .reg file at all (clicking on Browse next to UO Data Directory on Razor's Welcome screen, then pointing it to your UO folder). However, without that registry key, you'd have to do something similar for other UO 'assist' programs. In fact, without those lines in the Registry, some EasyUO scripts will fail miserably.
EasyUO Devotee
Download
My Popular ScripZ
Pet FightR | Doorman | TrainR: Lockpicking | HealR
Pendragan
Passer by

Post by Pendragan »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU,

I copied and pasted the Stuff From blaze and I also Hit browse and located it to the UO folder. not sure wich one actually did it but thank you very much. to all of you.

My Bride is going to be so much happier playing now ;-)

Sabar of the KoA
Tael
Elder Scribe

Post by Tael »

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit and the above stuff worked for me. Additionally, remember to set the compatiblity mode for Razor -- XP SP2 seems to work well. Before I did that the screen periodically flashed white.
Taelwrath - noobus perpetuus
Pocketcow
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pocketcow »

Yes Blaze, I know that the programs have their default values. That was my point. This shard installs with a folder name that is not default, which messes up all of the links. If you rename and install as default, it won't have that issue. But yeah, some scripts might require you to add registry entries, but I just did a full reinstall myself and didn't use those keys and your updated script works perfectly now. (thanks for rewriting that for this shard btw, it is amazing)

I was just posting this up here in case those registry keys didn't help, because I know they aren't gonna work for some people and this gives them another option.
Gumbi
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Gumbi »

love you blaze, worked like a charm
Kaiana
Elder Scribe

Post by Kaiana »

BlaZe wrote:However, without that registry key, you'd have to do something similar for other UO 'assist' programs. In fact, without those lines in the Registry, some EasyUO scripts will fail miserably.
Hmmmm.....do you think that is maybe why some people are having trouble with my looting script? Some people say it crashes their UO immediately, and I haven't been able to find a cause or connection with anything. Hardware doesn't seem to affect the problem at all...could this be the cause?
♥Kaiana♥ - Administrator of the Heart

Yay for scripting and programming! :)
public bool EasyUOMastery = true;
private double CSharpSkillz = 30.0; //and rising!
Lairn
Novice Scribe

Post by Lairn »

Bad question but where is the registry file.. also, is it possible that this the reason I can't use in game stones for UO websites and such. I can run the game fine outside of some scripts/macros crashing the client.

I know can't find the registry file anywhere LOL.

Thanks
ticketguru
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by ticketguru »

If you are asking about the registry files needed to update razor to work correctly with the Excelsior client, then those are the .reg files that are included with the prepatched client. These are just text files that are in the "RAZOR HOWTO" folder of the client install. Just go through the readme files included for a description on what to do and the custom changes that might be needed for your installation.