Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
Lairn
Novice Scribe

Re: Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file

Post by Lairn »

wow and I feel dumb but thats all it took, no copy/paste...thanks
Djarnis
Passer by

Post by Djarnis »

Hey there - new on the shard,

I had some problems with running razor as well;
First it was stuck in verification, which was fixed when I changed to the proper port (from 2000 to 60)
I then started experiencing flashing lights occasionally, and eventually UO stopped responding after a few minutes ingame - this was fixed when I edited the custom registry file, as pointed out earlier in the thread. ([... "Wow6432Node"...]) as well as running razor in XP/SP2 compatibility mode - GREAT advice - thanks!

I also have a helpful hint of my own, which has worked wonders for me and many others in getting ALL games running more smoothly: Make a separate folder for your games (mine is C:\Games) or in other words; DO NOT use "program files" for games, ever. Supposedly it is because that folder is always filled with tons and tons of files, though I really couldn't say why it works - all I know is that it works for me.

Cheers.
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Well, I'd give even better advice - store your games on a different drive than your system (preferably different physical drive, if you have more than 1). Defrag regularly. Try not to run a million things at once. Get better hardware. :P
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

I just recently posted a good tutoral that includes a working reg. file. I gives you directions from start to end. If you look on the EX Wiki under Miscellaneous > Razor & Macros it is all there for you. Here is a link to my fourm post. The fourm post is better than the Wiki post. If you find it helpful please comment on the fourm. :] Hope this gets you all fixed up.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4708
Fabio
Passer by

Post by Fabio »

ticketguru wrote:If you are asking about the registry files needed to update razor to work correctly with the Excelsior client, then those are the .reg files that are included with the prepatched client. These are just text files that are in the "RAZOR HOWTO" folder of the client install. Just go through the readme files included for a description on what to do and the custom changes that might be needed for your installation.
I don't believe the instructions work with 64bits systems. Follow Blaze instructions about it. Also, i found that installing UOAssist (as admin) and running it once (as admin) created the registry keys for me to not have this error and also fixed my issue with mining radar not working in Easyuo.
Dramoor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Dramoor »

Fabio wrote:
I don't believe the instructions work with 64bits systems. Follow Blaze instructions about it. Also, i found that installing UOAssist (as admin) and running it once (as admin) created the registry keys for me to not have this error and also fixed my issue with mining radar not working in Easyuo.

Actually IIRC it's because there are about 5 or even more versions of windows 7 and windows vista and i'm sure by now windows 8 out there. And all of those operating system versions have a lot of compatibility differences between them. My windows 64 did as yours did for just admin rights and such, but others who weren't using an OEM version of win 7 and were using 64 bit prepacked win 7 still needed the registry created. Depends on which version you are running, different versions need different answers.
Berry
Novice Scribe

Post by Berry »

Hello everyone,I'm noob in Excelsior shard from playing a few days ago.
I had same issue but by reference to this thread
Finally I can launched Razor.

I'm windows7 64bit user.
I installed all Ultima online files to C:\\Program Files (x86)
so I was rewriting C:\\Program Files\ to C:\\Program Files (x86) into registry file

each "ExePath" ,"InstCDPath","PatchExePath","StartExePath"

Then it worked on well now.

If someone has similar issue Please refer to this thread.
when you used razor ,client was'nt work on (stopping client on verifying account) or
Razor unable to locate and load a suitable UO cliloc file error
Pls check once again your registry file

thanks reading