UOS - UOSteam - Fix MSVCR100.dll missing error

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
+Colibri
Administrator

UOS - UOSteam - Fix MSVCR100.dll missing error

Post by +Colibri »

We were just troubleshooting this with Bubba, so while it's still fresh in the memory, I'll post it here for others that might be struggling with this.

uos msvcr100.png
uos msvcr100.png (9.24 KiB) Viewed 2588 times

Although various versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable were already installed on the computer, the "100" in the "MSVCR100.dll" means version "10.0" which is the year 2010 edition. And this version wasn't in the list of installed apps.

Here's a direct link to the Microsoft download page.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=26999

(There are sites that offer downloading of just the MSVCR100.dll directly from their site, I wouldn't download from there unless if it was the last resort... Best to get things from official known places).

Since UOSteam seems to be a x86 application, you might only need the x86 one, but when dealing with this issue I have downloaded and installed both the x86 and x64. And it worked.

BTW some useful windows shortcuts if you don't know them yet:
- Winkey + E opens a new Explorer window.
- Right-click on your start button shows some system shortcuts, with "Apps and Features" at the very top of the list.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)