Move-ore-macro in UOSteam

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Move-ore-macro in UOSteam

Post by Reskal »

Hi,

i would like to have a macro moving the ore i mine with my mining-macro directly into the resource bag. I tried to make a macro for that in UO-steam, but failed to make a command for target type - if that command is right. I want to have all ore sorts moved into the bag, not only one type, thats why i try using target type-command.

1. moveitem 0x44784c17 0x4390fcd5 65535 65535 0
2. pause 600

This is the macro, how would i have to modify it, so the ore goes with a keystroke into the resource bag ? I don't use the organiser of UOSteam, because the ore is not stacked in the resource bag, the organiser just adds everything it throws into the resource bag as a own stuck unfortunately.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Re: Move-ore-macro in UOSteam

Post by Reskal »

Or if you can't tell me, how target-type works, it would be great to have the ore stacked on my feet, because i did not find an option in UOSteam to do that. Razor had such a option i think.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

there is a little bit of a work around you can use

if you already have a macro to mine the location at your feet
you can add a few lines of code in to play an organizer
this of course requires you to set up an organizer

so if you reach 200 weight, it will play the named organizer type
you just have to add each ore type into your organizer
change the weight and organiser-3 to whatever you want

----------------------------------------------
if weight >= '200'
organizer 'Organizer-3'
pause 500
endif

-------------------------------
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Thanks for the help, i don't have such a macro. Tried to have one but i failed in making drop the macro anywhere instead of only at one certain place, razor was much more easy to learn and making own macros, in UOSteam i just fail.
Anyway, i used one from here to mine ore and smelt it but it doesn't work for me also.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

Hello,
this is my part of macro for mining.
This one is using pack animal, not resource bag ... but ... pack animal is treated as bag and everything is stacked there ...
You could use Bag of Holding for ore .. it is also stacking there. I did not tried bag of resources ... just substitute as Beetle3 your bag of resources.
Edit: 188 was my beetle max capacity.
'backpack' is reference to your top level carry container. You do not need to define it.
0x19b9 is 'graphic' for pile of ore 'any' means any color/type
You can use object inspector button from UOSteam Macro tab to check serial id of specific object and graphics/type of object

Code: Select all

if not @findalias 'Beetle3'
  promptalias 'Beetle3'
endif
if counttype 0x19b9 'any' 'backpack' < 188
  movetype 0x19b9 'backpack' 'Beetle3'
endif
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Reskal wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:32 am
i would like to have a macro moving the ore i mine with my mining-macro directly into the resource bag.
This code will move all ore types from main pack to a inner bag. Change XXXXXXX to the inner bag's serial ID

@setalias a_resource_bag XXXXXXX
while @findtype! 0x19b9 any backpack any 0 and @property "Ore" found
  moveitem found a_resource_bag
  pause 500
endwhile
Reskal wrote:
how would i have to modify it, so the ore goes with a keystroke into the resource bag ?
On the UOSteam Hotkeys tab, expand the "Macros" category. Find your macro and assign a hotkey.

Instead of a hotkey, you could loop the above code and conditionally execute based on weight. The code below will move ore whenever your weight exceeds 789 stones. Adjust the 789 number to your needs. Caution, if you move the ore to an inner container that does not reduce weight, the loop will look for ore over and over again.

while not dead self
  if weight > 789 
      pause 500
    endwhile
   else
     pause 1000
  endif
endwhile
Reskal wrote:
I don't use the organiser of UOSteam, because the ore is not stacked in the resource bag, the organiser just adds everything it throws into the resource bag as a own stuck unfortunately.
On the UOSteam Agents->Organizer tab, Select your organizer from the list of names. Then next to the play button check "Stack" The selected organizer will now stack items moved.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Reskal wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:33 am
...it would be great to have the ore stacked on my feet...
Unlike the original OSI UO shards, there's no need to stack ore at your feet while mining here. UOEX has Bag of Resource/Bag of Holding that eliminate weight issues and Tool House to create 60k use tools so you can mine using a single pickaxe/shovel.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Thanks a ton both for the suggestions !

I used this part of GreenBar in UOSteam:

pause 500
endwhile
After i tried to embed it to a working macro it looked like this:

useobject 0x4478f87d
waitfortarget 15000
targettile 2610 845 6
@setalias a_resource_bag 0x4390fcd5
  pause 500
endwhile
It works great in moving the ore into the bag of resources at once, and that is what i needed. Now it just needs 2 little more things to work properly:
1. how exactly can i change the first line from using a certain shovel to the type of item, means any shovel ?
2. is there a way that the macro ends, when the vein is empty ?
3. change certain target to target type, means: that it starts to mine where i stand(does this work outside at mountains also or only inside a cave ?), because actually i only can mine at one spot

Edit: sorry ! i forgot that i use cyberpopes mining radar mainly and when i do "loop" in UOSteam, your suggestion works perfectly, thanks again !
I just have run both now, your macro and CP's mining radar.

I just experience often, that there is a message saying "you must wait to perform another action"..it is for sure because 2 things are running and the game cannot keep up with them. I tried to expand "pause 500" to 2000, but did not help. Is there a way to fix that ? Maybe combined with weight or something.