Finding Players (and all their transforms) in EasyUO

Discussion about the technical aspects of scripting. Ask about all issues involving your freelance projects here.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Finding Players (and all their transforms) in EasyUO

Post by MagicUser »

I compiled a list of player id types including all spell caused transformations in EasyUO. Thought others might be able to find it useful. Comments, concerns, corrections, and additions are welcome :). I included the finditem command in its entirety at the bottom. You can check out the EasyUO documentation to see what each of the parameters can be and what they mean. Essentially it results in the counting up of all occurrences of the found types on the ground in a 12 block radius.

None:
IS_HS (player)

Spirit Speak:
RC (angel)

Necromancy:
SAB (horrific beast)
LAB (lichFrom)
MAB_RAB (WraithForm)
IS_HS (vampForm)

Ninjitsu:
NF (rabbit)
WG (rat)
RF (cat)
HG (dog)
JD (snake)
BB (frog)
KG (ostard)
EG (llama)
PG (wolf)
EH (bake-kitsune)
SC (unicorn)
SH (kirin)

Magery:
AG (chicken)
HG (dog)
PG (wolf)
YF (panther)
RD (gorilla)
BG (black bear)
WF (grizzly bear)
VF (polar bear)
VE (slime)
ND (orc)
FE (lizardman)
UC (gargoyle)
XC (ogre)
PE (Troll)
QD (Ettin)
FD (Daemon)

FindItem IS_HS_RC_SAB_LAB_MAB_RAB_NF_WG_RF_HG_JD_BB_KG_EG_PG_EH_SC_SH_AG_YF_RD_BG_WF_VF_VE_ND_FE_UC_XC_PE_QD_FD G_12
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Re: Finding Players (and all their transforms) in EasyUO

Post by MagicUser »

Thought I'd take a moment to thank ButteryBiscuits for helping me test out the various checks on other players and seeing if there were any female counter parts (spoiler alert... there were).
Respectfully,
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

This ought to be useful for the afk farmers with recall scripts. I had fun messing up their scripts by changing into different forms but that was a long time ago, i'm assuming most of em have made this list for themselves already :roll:
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Eh... At least they won't also kill-steal while AFK if they use it
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Xavian wrote:Eh... At least they won't also kill-steal while AFK if they use it
In theory, although this is more just doing the leg work for finding the different types. They'd have to make a descent macro to truely prevent themselves from kill stealing and others from kill stealing from them.

The polymorph transformations are a pain to find cause it takes so long for the spell to ware off. Its also annoying to have to worry about players in unique forms popping up. I couldn't find any lists out there, so I figured I'd make one and then post it.

I certainly won't claim that it is perfect and captures everything, but so far it seems to be working as expected.
Respectfully,
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

Not really... Once you have the types, the scripting is easy. Super simple sub that you call once you recall into a place.

Code: Select all

sub FindPlayers
  finditem <insert types here> G_10
  if #FindCNT > 0
     goto Recall
return
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

MagicUser wrote:Thought I'd take a moment to thank ButteryBiscuits for helping me test out the various checks on other players and seeing if there were any female counter parts (spoiler alert... there were).
awww...happy to help anytime :dance
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Xavian wrote:Not really... Once you have the types, the scripting is easy. Super simple sub that you call once you recall into a place.

Code: Select all

sub FindPlayers
  finditem <insert types here> G_10
  if #FindCNT > 0
     goto Recall
return
Well that's an over simplification if I ever saw one! Hahaha. You're not wrong though. More sophisticated elements require more sophisticated code. I will however point out 2 things, one: you want #findcnt > 1 as you as a player in one of those forms are included in the count. Two you should NEVER use goto within a sub. It'd be better to set a flag and then return with that flag.
Respectfully,
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

The point I was making is that finding a player is only a small piece of a much larger (hopefully optimized) segment of code. If you are always checking, then you will allow other players to come in and steal your kills. If you don't check at the proper time you will steal other people's kills. I won't claim to have the best script, I am just pointing out that finding players is part of a much larger project to allow someone to afk (even if its illegal).
Respectfully,
Xavian
Legendary Scribe

Post by Xavian »

I use the goto function all over the place. I've never cared what is "right" when it comes to coding. It is right if it works for me. lol.

It all depends how complicated you want to get with it. My player checker checks for players before each new mob. I target the closest mob and if there is a player within 2 tiles of that distance, I recall out. I'd rather it recall me out than kill steal. Honestly, I could AFK farm for days on end with it and shouldn't have any issues. I don't AFK, but that doesn't mean the script isn't written to be able to do so.
Matrix
Legendary Scribe

Post by Matrix »

MagicUser wrote:I compiled a list of player id types including all spell caused transformations in EasyUO. Thought others might be able to find it useful. Comments, concerns, corrections, and additions are welcome :). I included the finditem command in its entirety at the bottom. You can check out the EasyUO documentation to see what each of the parameters can be and what they mean. Essentially it results in the counting up of all occurrences of the found types on the ground in a 12 block radius.

None:
IS_HS (player)

Spirit Speak:
RC (angel)

Necromancy:
SAB (horrific beast)
LAB (lichFrom)
MAB_RAB (WraithForm)
IS_HS (vampForm)

Ninjitsu:
NF (rabbit)
WG (rat)
RF (cat)
HG (dog)
JD (snake)
BB (frog)
KG (ostard)
EG (llama)
PG (wolf)
EH (bake-kitsune)
SC (unicorn)
SH (kirin)

Magery:
AG (chicken)
HG (dog)
PG (wolf)
YF (panther)
RD (gorilla)
BG (black bear)
WF (grizzly bear)
VF (polar bear)
VE (slime)
ND (orc)
FE (lizardman)
UC (gargoyle)
XC (ogre)
PE (Troll)
QD (Ettin)
FD (Daemon)

FindItem IS_HS_RC_SAB_LAB_MAB_RAB_NF_WG_RF_HG_JD_BB_KG_EG_PG_EH_SC_SH_AG_YF_RD_BG_WF_VF_VE_ND_FE_UC_XC_PE_QD_FD G_12
Thanks man
Please reply to me:
in-game: [pm Matrix
discord id: Matrixre
(Only checking the forums monthly)
(All prices can be change, ED to Gold to ED)