DISCARDED: House Customizing (roof)

Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

DISCARDED: House Customizing (roof)

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

Right I'm looking at my house having a proper built roof, Here's the problem, There are only a few selections off roofs (about 5)that have the south-east facing corner edging bits.

And the grass roof doesn't want to even be placed.....

Was wandering if there was any chance off being able to add those peices that are missing.... they have the edging that faces inside out but not the other way around....

So your only limited to a few roof sets unless you want it looking half done.

I understand it would be a pain to do but that bit more veriety would be great.
EFANCHENKO MM
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Re: House Customizing (roof)

Post by Harabakc »

Roofs are a serious pain in the ass to get them to look right. I eventually gave up and just put flat roof 4th floors for storage on everything. I think that's what most people do. I think a lot of it is more a side effect of RunUO then it is any particular shard.

If you manage to do it without wanting to shoot yourself you'll probably be one of the only ones with an actual roof on the server, lol.
Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

It's not to hard to be honest it's just understanding it properly. I would just like to see the proper bits there to use because I can't use the roofing I want due to the parts not being there...
http://uo.stratics.com/content/guides/roof.php
That's the stratics Guide for roofing take a look, it explains really well.
I've set up my roof a few times but it's never the one I really like lol..... Hope that helps someone....
EFANCHENKO MM
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

Well there for a while we had randomly disappearing roof tiles, so after getting done to a certain extent there'd be a tile that disappeared but you couldn't figure out where it was so when you tried to place the roof cap it errored and oranged out the tile so that you couldn't place anything.
Efanchenko_MM
Legendary Scribe

Post by Efanchenko_MM »

Harabakc wrote:Well there for a while we had randomly disappearing roof tiles, so after getting done to a certain extent there'd be a tile that disappeared but you couldn't figure out where it was so when you tried to place the roof cap it errored and oranged out the tile so that you couldn't place anything.
Oh really? hmm. I have tested a few roofs not had any problems..... or are you talking when your customizing because you can only have one roof tile per square... if you over lap a roof tile at 1 with a tile at 5 it will auto delete the tile at 1.
But other than that I've not noticed anything wrong.. :?
EFANCHENKO MM
Harabakc
Legendary Scribe

Post by Harabakc »

He may have fixed that stuff by now, I can't say I've messed with it in around a year.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: DISCARDED: House Customizing (roof)

Post by +Colibri »

I'm afraid the graphics are simply missing and I doubt anyone would want to go draw them... Maybe they added them later and they are somewhere in the graphics but since there's so many of them I can't find them.

If anyone finds the ItemIDs of these tiles please update this thread, but I think we'll just have to settle for the roofs that are complete.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)